Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm still pretty low on gems after Valentines, but I got Asellus and White Rose so all is well.

I dig Volcano and Undine, but eh, where's the romance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm still pretty low on gems after Valentines, but I got Asellus and White Rose so all is well.

I dig Volcano and Undine, but eh, where's the romance?

I mean have you seen Undine’s new portrait??

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Did anyone confirm if undine/volcano got buffed?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Leraika posted:

Did anyone confirm if undine/volcano got buffed?

Yes, global's ss undine got a 5(4)bp all attack with the chance for an END debuff, which used to be a single target attack in the Japanese version. Don't know about any changes to volcano

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pnumoman posted:

Yes, global's ss undine got a 5(4)bp all attack with the chance for an END debuff, which used to be a single target attack in the Japanese version. Don't know about any changes to volcano

She’s real strong.

She also has a chance to get 1BP back on attack.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to use the 3 SS 10 pull tickets we got last night:
Terry
Cordelica (new)
Rocbouquet :hellyeah: (new)
Monica
Noel (new)

3 new characters and while I still don't have SS Blue, that Rocbouquet is a welcome pickup.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I drew SS Blue twice with the 10 pull tickets; wish I could trade you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I drew Blue, Azami (dupe), Gerard, two Volcanoes and the left handed guy. If I save up two more pulls I can pity pick Undine I guess.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Got SS Gustave, SS Dantarg, and SS Cordelia from one of the platinum 10-pull tickets.

Gustave and Dantarg seem like premier slash/crush attackers. Dantarg will probably totally push Cat out of my teams. Cordelia seems pretty straightforward but I am in bad need of a good pierce attacker, not sure whether I should train up her or SS Mikhail. Mikhail's passives seem better, and he has access to poison from the A style.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Scoss posted:

Got SS Gustave, SS Dantarg, and SS Cordelia from one of the platinum 10-pull tickets.

Gustave and Dantarg seem like premier slash/crush attackers. Dantarg will probably totally push Cat out of my teams. Cordelia seems pretty straightforward but I am in bad need of a good pierce attacker, not sure whether I should train up her or SS Mikhail. Mikhail's passives seem better, and he has access to poison from the A style.

Mikhail has a really terrible dexterity modifier for a shortsword user, plus no access to any stat debuffs. Cordelia is the better choice between the two imo

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Cordelia is by far the best pierce attacker available at the moment, outside of Xmas Monika who can't be pulled anymore. Pretty decent on auto as well with ten side around on a 2-turn 6 BP cycle

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Huh, pulled Final Emperor from the platinum tickets they gave us today. I suppose I should grind his stats while that event is here for him, though he doesn't seem that amazing.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Final Emperor's not going to carry you through anything, but his statline is a lot better than some of the other units currently out. For example, he's got 12% more strength than release Gustave/Katarina, as well as Tension 4 to their 3. He's going to do noticeably more damage than a lot of other slash attackers. But, his downfall is having no inheritance outside of his White Day style which wasn't really worth pulling for. Blunt Slash/Flowing Slash are okay skills, so it's not the end of the world, but Dark Slash is just too expensive outside of maybe the fight's opening.

I'd definitely make use of him. His future style is pretty good from what I hear, and he's more than just solid at the moment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Dark Slash is good when you're building up beofre a boss turn and plan to go in with everyone's overdrive to punch the boss in the face as hard as possible. After that Final Emperor can keep debuffing the enemy's STR with flowing slash and deal good damage with it due to the aforementioned good statline.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jesus they keep giving us more stuff, but also too many events!

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

I'm just glad they put in the Hidden Dojo stuff. It's nice to have something to do on manual once a day that isn't flinging myself at the brick walls that are 21-30 seven heroes fights.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I'm just glad they put in the Hidden Dojo stuff. It's nice to have something to do on manual once a day that isn't flinging myself at the brick walls that are 21-30 seven heroes fights.

I managed to auto it 😬

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I managed to auto it 😬

Just tried todays out and was able to auto it as well.

That stinks! I like to, sometimes, press buttons that aren't labeled Repeat in this game!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm glad my pals Hawke and Guella Ha are feature in an event, even if they weren't in the story.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Heck yeah, 30th anniversary SaGa event (part 1) started too. I hope this means we're going to get the SaGa 1 and 2 characters too. Want to chainsaw my way to glory. :black101:

e: because I'm dumb I pulled 3x on the new banner and the only SS I got was more shards for Thomas the garbage tier SS. I think my last 4 SS pulls have been him, Awe, Gerard, and Thomas (yes again). :sigh:

And the banner's A/S rank units.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 25, 2020

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

I got a Thomas too, but this one was my first. Did 3 10-pulls and got 2 Selmas... but I was hoping for a Hawke instead. His Minstrel Song design is so cool

we're getting so many jewels this month from logins alone that I don't feel too bad about burning through some right now. I have a ton saved up too, hopefully I won't get screwed in October! (I'm gonna get screwed in October)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm not spending another jewel until we get more asellus (she's the next SGF character right).

Got Final Emperor from the platinum ticket banner, which is neat, he can teach better moves to my valentine's FE.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Leraika posted:

I'm not spending another jewel until we get more asellus (she's the next SGF character right).

Looks like you're getting your wish; 0.5 anniversary Asellus has been teased on the korean facebook page for the 29th/30th of September

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thinking posted:

Looks like you're getting your wish; 0.5 anniversary Asellus has been teased on the korean facebook page for the 29th/30th of September

But... we need our gems for a potential SaGa anniversary banner too. :(

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Thinking posted:

Asellus and T260G :hellyeah:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Unless there's another SS style, I think that T260G is the best blunt damage attackers in Japan.

And Asellus is good too for AOE+debuffing, so both those are top tier styles. May the RNG be merciful when the banner drops later this week.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unless there's another SS style, I think that T260G is the best blunt damage attackers in Japan.

And Asellus is good too for AOE+debuffing, so both those are top tier styles. May the RNG be merciful when the banner drops later this week.

Also looking for S White Rose just for some extra skills.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

There is indeed another SS T260G later on, and that's the good dps one. This one is a tank who appears to be fine but nothing special

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Aseullus banner is up. Had to pity her because I pulled all of two SS units in 15 pulls. The only silver lining is that T260G was one of those two (and the other was Barbara who is Thomas/Gerard-grade trash). So muchfor getting lucky and having a left over stockpile for any potential 30th anniversary SaGa banner. :smithicide:
(plus copies of S White Rose and A Engineer Car)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I also had to pity her :(

She seems legit worth it though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did one single 10 pull and the machine blew up and down came Asellus as the firsts unit.

e-Val White Rose, whats the next big "Save 45k jewels" meta character that comes out?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Took me like five pulls? But drat new Asellus is good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Don't have her yet, but I can scrounge more gems.

I do have both robits though! Now to get guns for T260G.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
First pull on this banner.

Was hoping for S White Rose...but that'll do. That'll do.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

S White Rose doesn't really give anything of value if you have the valentines SS style. Sunlight and wildfire aren't worth using in place of chocolate ball for AOE dmg tbh. Apparently the A style Engineering car is only useful as a source of mastery points for guns because their skills are pretty bad and they don't have any other styles in Japan.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Ended up getting her on a second pull after a friend poked me to do it. Engineer Car too, so I'll take a complete sweep for 6000 gems.

And yeah, sure, probably not good, but collection is fun.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

apparently 7-1 is where you wanna go for guns, if you need to pick some up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It is. Got a single DEX gun after 50 or so runs so that's good enough. You can get S rank element hammers there if anyone else was still using the A rank one on Sophia.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e-Val White Rose, whats the next big "Save 45k jewels" meta character that comes out?

I'm gonna be rolling hard for Award Final Empress and Monika, but the Thomas releasing in the UDX/Award banners (the third out of 3) is supposed to be the prize. He has AOE petrify and high int.

Onsen Ginny is next after that who has a strong Int-down and is meta relevant in JP even now

Then it's the permastun Undine who is an absolute monster, especially given the flexibility granted by her other styles

There are very good platinum summon units littered in there in between, like battle of buckethill gustave and the new rouge/blues, but the ones above are the "must have" limited styles. Those 3 banners were spread across nearly six months on JP, but who knows how quickly we'll get them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013
Pulled 3 times got asellus and 5 SS Alberts my luck has been total dogshit recently.