Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Some upcoming events subject to change obviously.

Also this is from reddit (I read it so you don't have to!),

quote:

The two most game changing characters in the next whole half year are SS Rocboquet (who will enter the Platinum pool, presumably the limited banner pools as well) and Valentine's banner White Rose. Almost all the other characters between now and the end of this year have slight, but frankly minimal power creep and are basically only slightly better tanks or slightly better DPS than our current roster. It's up to you if being a top 5 character, before the major power creep next year sets in when stats constantly go near 90% or higher and Fighting Spirit V is a thing with dual attribute attacks and more bang for our BP moves are out, matters or not.

That said if a waifu steals your heart ... well all logic goes out the window.

quote:

I can definitely tell JP character creep accelerated a bit once UDX banners became a thing. That being said, there are 2-3 more I might throw in for the next half year: SS Final Emperor (manual, not auto), SS Vampire Lady, and SS Claudia. Obviously not in the same tier as the modern JP units, but clearly more than a little better than most launch units too. And the nice part is that they are all plat units.

Actually, wait. SS Asellus is also about 5 months from now, and she's definitely in the White Rose tier.

Just past the half year mark, we start getting stuff like Swimsuit Liz, Swimsuit Azami, Swimsuit Selma, Swimsuit Jamil, SS Nighthart, and Halloween Bernie, all of which have some useful and rare ability or still hold their own in modern JP. This is mostly stuff that is above the power curve for when they were launched.

quote:

The great part about SS Final Emperor, Vampire Lady, and Claudia are they all enter the universal pool after they're done their banners, so chasing them isn't of particular haste. All three are definitely contenders for "best in role" at what they do versus our current crew, but up to 45k to get them early, I think not.

SS Asellus is pretty good, and while I'm going to chase her out of a love for Asellus, I don't know if she's a game changer. Standard launch level stats, Phantom's nice but not necessarily much more useful than an Absorption Attack trait, and Mirage Step for as nice as a spammable AoE looks to be pretty weak damage wise, it's not much different than having an SS Blue spam Light Ball except there's an INT down component. Again I'm definitely chasing her for personal reasons but it's hard to see her being in full HP heal + status cleanse tier or the ridiculousness of Rocboquet's damage and ailments.

Some stuff to chew on for now.

AFAIK White Rose is the limited one everyone really should try and save for since she doesn't enter the pool and as people have seen you do get SS chars from the free daily pull (I've gotten 3 I think so far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh yeah, White Rose is one that I'm looking for! From what I've seen she's mostly useful because she's a very tanky healer, and she can clear statuses with her heal! I'll be gunning for her when that banner drops.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want Asellus but she's not gonna be in for a while.

I also want Doctor Nusakan but afaik he's not even in the game in japan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just a friendly reminder that the Spiral Tower ends in like 2 days (Sunday reset).

I was able to auto all the way to level 28 but had to manual 29 and 30 because of the RNG (non of my mans are maxed either).

If you have dudes with fire skills they come in handy for level 30 (blue was the only one I had with me on my run) and level 29 seems to be just RNG with the gaze bullshit. Rouge can and Az can stun them on level 29 but you can still get hosed with RNG.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Emerald's counter is really good for those Nymphs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kild posted:

Emerald's counter is really good for those Nymphs

Yeah I for sure need to work on other dudes. I manged to brute it but having the right mans can make things so much easier.

Also I guess Ellen is a plant killer which is probably going to come in handy in the future.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've been stuck on floor 30 for a few days now. Kinda feel like I'm just not quite strong enough for it; I'm sitting here with about 21k CP on my strongest dudes.

Hard to come up with a strategy when most of their moves one shot, you know?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Arzaac posted:

I've been stuck on floor 30 for a few days now. Kinda feel like I'm just not quite strong enough for it; I'm sitting here with about 21k CP on my strongest dudes.

Hard to come up with a strategy when most of their moves one shot, you know?

FWIW I did it with Albert, S Az (probably should have used SS), Sophia, Rouge, Blue in imperial cross formation.

By the time I got to the boss only Blue, Az, and Rouge were alive but they made short work of him. Getting through the first two waves is the hardest and a fire damage dealer would help a lot. Besides that its kinda RNG if they decide to gently caress you or not. I had like 2 runs where they targeted Soph on the first wave and that was the end of that. I just had to eat the one shots and hope that soph could bring them back up.

My team power is 25k though so I'm sure that makes a difference.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I hit 30 and promptly exploded, so I'm going to just accept that I will be knocked down to tower 19 after reset instead of 20.

Also folks on reddit ran the numbers; since rate up SS styles tend to be 1% pulls, there's only about a 22% chance that you don't pull your limited banner target in 150 draws and have to buy it with medals. I'm still saving 45k for White Rose for sure but in general it seems like you have a pretty good chance of getting what you want with fewer gems going in or just ending up with leftover gems from the 45k when all is said and done.

I have 67k right now; mainly waiting to see the scheduling on White Rose and Rocbouquet before I go heavy on any of the other banners.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 18, 2020

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Why is this game so good?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tortolia posted:

I hit 30 and promptly exploded, so I'm going to just accept that I will be knocked down to tower 19 after reset instead of 20.

Also folks on reddit ran the numbers; since rate up SS styles tend to be 1% pulls, there's only about a 22% chance that you don't pull your limited banner target in 150 draws and have to buy it with medals. I'm still saving 45k for White Rose for sure but in general it seems like you have a pretty good chance of getting what you want with fewer gems going in or just ending up with leftover gems from the 45k when all is said and done.

I have 67k right now; mainly waiting to see the scheduling on White Rose and Rocbouquet before I go heavy on any of the other banners.

Yeah I've got like 45k saved up right now but I really don't get the feeling I'll need that many.

Mill Village posted:

Why is this game so good?

Hell if I know. It scratches one hell of an itch though.

I like the sprite work as well.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I like it because it's scratching the same itch as Final Fantasy Record Keeper for me, and nothing else has quite hit that.

I think it's a few things. The fact that there are no super overpowered characters lends the game towards broad difficulty over deep difficulty: instead of pulling for characters that are stronger than your own characters, you pull for characters that fill a niche you don't have yet. And if they're doing this smartly, it'll likely reflect in the fight design as well, where to succeed at high level events you'll need a large stable of good characters instead of a few broken characters that can solve every event for you.

Oh, and much like Record Keeper, characters are rarely obsolete, because they'll jump back to relevant if you pull a new style for them. This does likely mean there will be some characters that are bad because they never get any developer love (poor, poor Kimahri).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I liked FFRK but I hated the battle system. It always felt just off to me even if I was doing things right.

This is perfect though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

That feel when you spark at the right time.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I loved FFRK but it's definitely not for everyone; how skills work means that it feels really bad when you run out of charges mid battle, and that's a problem that never really goes away. It's also fairly twitchy, being an ATB. Some of my clears on the harder stages I would have maybe a few milliseconds to get off a heal or else I'd party wipe.

Also I can't really recommend it in good faith at this point, it's gotten plenty of UI updates but it's buried under like 6 years of jank.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm just playing to see my dudes do a twirl when their stats go up.

Natural Ice
Mar 22, 2007
SPF 15
Just popping in to say this game is great. Also the discord link in the OP is broken.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Natural Ice posted:

Just popping in to say this game is great. Also the discord link in the OP is broken.

Sorry I guess discord links auto set to expire in a day.

This one is permanent.

https://discord.gg/kgmDqCw

Come say hi!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

One other thing I'm gonna add to the OP is about the training Dojo.

The best thing you can spend your gems on ASAP is expanding the Training Dojo and always be training dudes till you get them to 42. Its the only guaranteed way to get gold shards (I'd only train SS dudes) and level your mans and not pull.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

MarcusSA posted:

Sorry I guess discord links auto set to expire in a day.

This one is permanent.

https://discord.gg/kgmDqCw

Come say hi!

You aren't my real dad.

Also, I said hi. I liek playing sprite gacha

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hot drat, SS Albert from my daily free pull.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Man, I kind wish there was something else to spend exp on. My Azami's at max now, and I sigh a little every time I see that results screen.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Alright, I did Spiral Floor 30! I'm at CP 22,270, and what did it for me was...a lot of luck honestly? The nymphs spent a bunch of time entangling over their actually damaging moves. Which is good, because tentacle's a one shot for a bunch of my characters!

After that, the Forge Dragon wasn't the worst, but it easily could've gone very poorly for me. Fire breath is nasty, and Stomp could easily one shot my boys.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I've been having the worst luck on 29. They always gaze my healers, and either kill them outright or charm them into healing the enemy. The health it gives the enemy is less of a concern than 3 or 4 LPs wasted that I don't get to spend on my team.

I still have some time before it flips. Gonna keep at it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I've been having the worst luck on 29. They always gaze my healers, and either kill them outright or charm them into healing the enemy. The health it gives the enemy is less of a concern than 3 or 4 LPs wasted that I don't get to spend on my team.

I still have some time before it flips. Gonna keep at it.

Yeah 29 can be RNG heavy too.

Just keep at it and get lucky.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Maybe reduce the number of healers you're running? Status effects like charm are a pretty strong incentive to run more DPS, because we don't have any status healers yet. The faster you kill them the less time people spend charmed.

Of course, you might not have the time or resources to train up another character. Something to consider for the future.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I actually tried that and didnt fare that much better when my team basically kept murdering itself. :suicide:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I kept rerolling until I got an account with Ginny, Gustav and a bunch of other SSs. I should stop spending the gems and just save for better banners now right?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I kept rerolling until I got an account with Ginny, Gustav and a bunch of other SSs. I should stop spending the gems and just save for better banners now right?

I would, yes. Ginny and Gustave are both great and you're going to get some extra bunches of platinum tickets from launch and start dash bonuses. Start saving for some of the upcoming units mentioned on this page.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got Noel but Azami was the one I really wanted.

Ah well.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got Azami yesterday from one of the tickets and then todays guaranteed SS got me 2. I guess thats enough frags to get her high at least.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So the glow stones dungeons are going half stamina tomorrow along with a collection event for clearing them.

The level 7 dungeon has the same stat ups as the higher ones so there is like no need to do any higher when you are grinding.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm not super excited for the Noel banner. Noel seems...alright? I've already got a pretty good slash user in Ellen, and since I already have Azami I'm not too keen on pulling for only half of the big ticket characters. Probably I'll just hold off.

The other stuff's cool tho. With double eggshells it's probably finally time to see if I can beat Forest of Mystery 9. I've got a plan, it likely involves S Undine.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Got sucked into this one as soon as I saw Asellus spark Rosario Impale in the tutorial battle. Just finished my time in Goat Hell™ (4-2-X Hard) to unlock the fourth expedition and Blue and Rouge are seriously pulling their weight in every stage so far. Random confuse proc and not-so-random paralysis proc are doing a great job of wrecking anything up to and including most bosses. I'm digging the daily free single pull just being from the generic standard pool and not a random garbage "friend point" pull as is usual.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the daily free pull is nice and a lot of people are getting SSs from them (Got a SS Thomas today).

The game really does a good job cutting down on the bullshit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Is there a good blunt tank? Most of the time Gustav is good enough but..

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there a good blunt tank? Most of the time Gustav is good enough but..

Rouge is actually a really good tank against Blunt damage, due to passable endurance and guaranteed self-healing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Niton posted:

Rouge is actually a really good tank against Blunt damage, due to passable endurance and guaranteed self-healing.

Even with Stealth activating itself?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Nah just don't run a tank, 1 healer 3 dps 1 rouge

Hasn't failed me yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Haha fair enough. I guess I should build up some casters anyway..