Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Potsticker posted:

Zoe will reach #2 after HP and Undine fusion dance into Heartful Water (Alchemical Punch?) and that will allow Tessoops to reach the #3 slot.

Cube drew this once in a patreon request stream.
We called her 'Unko' in the Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The name that has stuck is 'Contessa'.

Ragnar34 posted:

I like how Goopy-T's sleeves poof out when she crosses her arms.

The character polls are pretty consistent at this point. I bet Tessy-G even keeps that position unless Bud knocks them back to #6.

Both of these also amused us greatly.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 21, 2021

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

girl dick energy posted:

I like that. Contrary + Tessa = Contessa. So like Nega-Tessa except a pun.

I didn't know you were another SD fan.

The interstitial stuff with Contessa is non-canon of course. Cube specifically said that she did it to try to give some levity to the situation.
I feel like the one canonical line we got with Contessa is all we need to get the idea. The way the font solidified as she said 'I'll have to do it myself as usual'. That's Tessa in there. Her ego is completely binary. She either sees herself as the dirt-worst person who doesn't deserve to live or the only person who matters. Complete superiority complex. It's how she got in this mess and it's how she'll stay in this mess.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tenebrais posted:

As a minor point of interest, the title page for chapter 12 got changed in the interest of theming (so like Kokoro chapters have heart-themed names, Tessa chapters have light-themed ones).

After all that time the discord spent learning what 'Lagann' meant it changed on us???

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Anemone seems to have non-combat powers, mainly omniscience* in regards to the happenings of the city and also probably immortality.
(*Not perfect omniscience mind you)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No no this is Nokroro

Fun Fact: Mary Cagle has done art of evil AU Undine, Kokoro, Zoe and Rue. Rue's was deemed so disturbing the discord decided against making an emote of it.

Just raw 'There is no war in Ba Sing Se' energy. She drew it on stream. She made this version, then played around with the eyes to make it less terrortown, then went BACK to the terrortown eyes and promptly ended the stream

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mary is intent on keeping one of her fosters.

https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1553663767342469120?s=20&t=fndacSFV9NNCZclTZkgDiw

Yeah it was sad. Shouldn't play favorites with kitties but Froyo was the best of the 3 by far IMHO.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The city does not have guns though they are aware of guns as a thing that exist(ed). Guns don't work on monsters anyway.
(From Mary on the discord).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ditocoaf posted:

This is a really interesting direction to take the newly merged Tessa in daily life with this outside infusion of confidence and feelings of superiority. Feels believable.

And the statement works on both side of Contessa's persona. "Sorry I called you a fake magical girl." "Sorry I tried to kill you"