Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Cassidy's dead, go home.

This is the second person that commented that her death was weird or at least atypical. That said, I think it will be a while for her to come back if she turns out to be alive.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tenebrais posted:

Speaking of Vedika, new page is up!

Poor girl. Bud, this is probably not the best time to be hammering her about her guilt.

Well, as shown in a previous page, Cassidy did say that Vedika did tell her something, so she is caught in a bit of a lie in saying that she did not tell anyone about it. That said, I do not think Vedika was being malicious; It could have been just an seemingly innocuous query from Cassidy that she quickly jumped to her own conclusions from. And Bud could be more tactful in confronting her about this.

EDIT: Let me put it this way: Bud isn't wrong, but there was a better way of going about it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 8, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Joe Slowboat posted:

Bud is expressing the exact same basic, understandable anxiety as Cassidy, just with less physical assault and more guilt.

And in both cases they're expecting way more out of Undine and HP than is fair.

I am hoping the other difference is that she probably can be reasoned out of it, in that the possibility still exists.

On the other hand, I really do not like the prominence of that “Please replace the equipment before you leave” sign

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

habeasdorkus posted:

Man Bud's an rear end in a top hat.

To be fair, Harley deciding to fight Bud on this is not helping matters, which is kind of the point. The girls are getting caught up in their own heads to their own detriment, just like Team Alchemical.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This theory makes a lot of sense.

Goops implied that Undine had done something to make Goops hate her that she didn't remember. The kids don't remember The Dream, so it's entirely possible that whatever Undine supposedly did happened in her Dream, when she met the entity in question.

My dumb personal theory is that its not actually personal; Goops just hates all magical girls. But it IS personal because Undine is a magical girl.

Hatred doesn't have to make sense.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't believe Bud is loving dead.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cant cook creole bream posted:

"Hmm. Seeing all of this from that perspective made me realize a lot of reasonable things. I am on her side now. Die!"

Ah, the Blizzard Entertainment school of character development.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maybe it is my general paranoia but...why do I have a feeling that a shoe is going to drop soon :ohdear:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, looks like the comic is going on a 3 week hiatus so Mary Cagle can get herself realigned, which I can respect.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Brought To You By posted:

Oh snap, I never parsed that was an attack I figured it was a perspective shot. But in hindsight that doesn't make sense.

I never noticed the frost and thought it was a shot to show her just before she sublimates the ice monster.

Actually, it could be both, given the situation.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, given everything we know I don't think the suits have much reason to suspect foul play given that pretty much everyone has an alibi. The only unusual thing is that there is no corpse, but not outside of possibility.

Now, I would be interested if the topic of Goops comes up, and how they would respond to that. See exactly how much they know, if they know anything.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

madjack posted:

Mingxing's seeing the whole goops thing as a coping mechanism. Not the best, but at least someone is forewarned if they find proof.

How the gently caress are you getting this?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean it's speculation, but imo it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Much in the same way that I could be vaporized one second after this post goes up by a rogue meteorite. Bring possible is not the same as being likely.

Seriously though, this thread has been chomping at the bit to identify the character(s) that will gently caress things up for everyone, to the point of slight derangement (See also 'Of course the cops know Cassidy was loving murdered even though there is no real evidence of the characters themselves knowing that for sure and they think Undine did it even though she had an alibi')

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 22, 2021

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cropoval posted:

I think it's entirely possible that Mingxing will believe them, especially if the detail of the phone call Kokoro got comes up, but whatever Powers That Be that Mingxing works for won't want the public to know about it and will have a "Undine is just paranoid" talking point planned if need be.

That said, I don't think that's terribly likely either. Honestly, not sure precisely how this will go down.

It will be interesting to see how the system reacts to this information, whether they do not know or if they DO know.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

habeasdorkus posted:

A reminder, "the system" at this point is going to be run largely by ex-Magical Girls themselves.

Well, the system is kinda screwed up here so...

Well, you are right, we do not know if things are THAT hosed up in the city currently :v:

EDIT: Removed an impromptu embarrassing rant

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 23, 2021

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-19

Everything's fine!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am kinda concerned about all the characters shown, to be frank :ohdear:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am confused. Tessa mentioned a 'Forgetting Thing' that Goops told her about? When was this?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tiny Myers posted:

Speaking of which, I was just looking at that. Tessa's look in the final panel can be read in a lot of ways. She looks vaguely upset and not at all excited like the others.

Is she upset that Undine is in danger? Upset that the dynamic of their friend group might be changing? Upset that maybe some of them will be left out as far as who gets powers? Upset that she didn't get her powers first?

When was this? I admit that probably have not read everything up to a certain point.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was about to point out the lack of a sheen on her text as a possibility that this isn't our Girl In White, except is the same in the other Tessa scene with her.

Anyway, this feels like it is implying 2 things:

1. The Girl In White may not have an actual choice in who she gives powers to, if her looking like she does not want to do this here is any indication.

2. Desire, at the very least, may be accounted for in determining if you get the dream or not. We kind of see this with Cassidy's flashback as well.

If 2 is true, then it makes the whole celebrity culture around Magical Girls even more screwed up

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ragnar34 posted:

Imagine giving Tessa powers because you think she can't possibly get more isolated. Boy, I bet Girl in White feels stupid now!

Goops is doing the same thing though.

Pretty sure the Girl in White doesn't really have a choice here. It looks like she has seen this situation play out too many times to not know what will happen, and has been avoiding it, but now that that Dream is happening (Like I said, I think desire is a big factor and one that the GiW has no control over), she probably must have to grant her powers.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Cue Jakety Sax

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-20-page-14

Gooptessa is dead. Everyone go home.

Also, apparently one of Mary Cagel's cats got into some Ibuprofen and is in the vet having her kidneys being monitored, so spare a good thought if you can.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
God damnit :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

isasphere posted:

Oh, dang. Mary has stated that this isn't like Madoka, in that the monsters aren't former magical girls.

She never said anything about them not being former people.

Former people that were outside when the barrier first went up, I am guessing.

That said, that doesn't quite explain that one dude who is implied to be from outside the city.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everything's totally fine

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly, I am still worried about the thing that was motivating Cassidy: That Undine was not being a good victim. Of course, there was the jealousy that compounded it, but I do not believe that it came from nowhere. I can't help but feel it is an unstated, simmering sentiment amongst the shittier people in the city; Heck, in real life there are people that hate other people for daring to move on from tragedy, and god help you if you aren't perfect. I am fearing that this will cause that sentiment to boil over.

That said, now that i have it written down, I may be projecting.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1654932614367543298?s=46&t=-3btIhdWFD5M3u9M3Xo4WQ

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, it feels like they are more testing the waters; They give the bare minimum information so that they do not cause a panic and it could be written off as a blip of 'We Saw Something Weird" to most people, but anyone who knows what they are talking about will twig to it and seek them out. Something like a dogwhistle, for lack of a better term.

Now, the question is "What sort of attention will they end up getting?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

rannum posted:

The immediate consequences are going to be their managers tearing them a new one for saying things unplanned

I imagine their respective parents will also have words with them. I think they realize Something Is Up.