Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Give everyone but emoji boy nuggets, give him coffee instead of food.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vil

Are you happy?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Vil

Are you happy?

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this is already an improvement on VA-11 HALL-A

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Valhalla is great, actually.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I can't comment, but what i can do is call the vote here since there doesn't seem to be more incoming. By my count, the winners are,

Saphy: Roast 2 votes, Burger 2, Nuggies 3

Cedric: Burger, Nuggies, Roast 5

Sildra: Nuggies, Five Points 2, Burger 5

Annbjorg: Burger, Nuggies, Chalphy 5

Soh: Nuggies, Chalphy, Burger, Coffee, Five Points 3

We'll see how many of them are correct in a while.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

After yet another rousing round of thread input, we've decided on a menu. As with the drinks, we've one person who can make the orders, and two who can deliver them. And as with the first round, i'm most curious about Soh, so...

Classy, game.

Even classier!

These aren't that bad, fortunately. Here are the ingredients for...

...the Five Points. Let's hope it's the right choice!

Vandal grabbed the 5P and Mega got started on the Charred Chalphy for Whatsherface.

You cheeky fucks.

Five Points is a hit! You can all add Soh Whisperer on your resumes, very impressive.

As promised, interacting with people after delivering the food just doesn't do anything. I think it would have been nice to get another little bit of dialogue, but a lot of effort's gone into this one-off already.

I also made some nuggies. The text box breaks for some reason? But i'm sure they're delicious.

Next up, the roast!

I'm not seeing the salad.

Trade stratszsz!

And Annbjorg is happy! Two for two so far. But what about Saph?

...uhhh i don't think that was the right one. Bummer.

Two out of three isn't too bad, though, and we still have to feed two people. Here's some burg!

BURG.

And here's some more trade stratszszsz!

Handing over the roast lets me deliver the Black... i mean Burger King,

and then we can hand in the roast at the same time! It seems we got four out of five, which isn't perfect, but still quite impressive!

And then, that part is complete.

I really hope this is the last one.

Say, waiter, you look like you have good taste. Tell me, what are your thoughts on FE4?

Eh, the maps are too big. Plus, your lord starting promoted is kinda dumb.

Okay, fair enough. But Julius is pretty cool right?

his dad is way more interesting.

Truly, it is blasphemy. I've never heard something more shameful in my life.

Zelos, looks like we'll have to teach this guy a lesson in good taste.
You hear that, mein comrades! Let's go!

:wtc:

Oh, he's all the way over there now. That was some yeeting.

How did he even launch me that far?

I called Julius an incest baby!

Wait. You insulted FE4 in front of them?! These guys are hardcore FE4 fans! Do you have any idea how angry those kind of people get if you give anything more than a minor insult?!

Well, I do now!

Anyway, we can't have staff getting assaulted on the job like this. I'm assuming you have a weapon on you?

Yeah, of course.

Okay, good. But, just in case that isn't enough, you'll have to take today's tips and sneak out to buy better weapons, I know you're at least capable of that much.

Yeah, okay I can do that.

Good, me and the others are going to follow standard emergency procedure. Once you're back, we can put these guys in their place.

You got it.

Wait...

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A NON COMBAT HACK.

We get some money! I'm guessing it's 1000 gold per successful delivery.

And the prep screen armoury is pretty stacked! I'm not sure why the 95s, but If we had succeeded at everything, we'd have had enough for one of each. The brave lance and runesword seem like the most important things, so i got those, and an Elfire because the killing edge is probably the most unreliable option?

Ah, of course, that means we'll have to actually think about the skills, too. Vandal and Sam both have steal,

Sam has Vantage,

Rosetta has this which seems like it'll be pretty handy,

and Mega has Adept... with a 13% activation rate which is kind of weak.

She also has 6 con and uh

...yeah. The javelin's a little lighter though (and brave lance weighs 14).

Of course, we also have our opponents.

This is a reference to a reference or something, i neither remember nor especially care what.

He has some stats on him. The Battle Mage description is This man needed the Venin Edge and i'm sure he did. His skill is Pragmatic - When foe is not at full HP, attack +2 and def/res +1. Ouch.

Zelos is A very opinionated FE fan who will sting you like a bee if you insult his favorite games. He comes with Opportunist - +4 damage if the foe cannot counter. Also ouch!

The other FE4 fans are generally less threatening and don't have skills, but can't be taken lightly.

This guy comes with a swordreaver, and the myrm on the bottom left has a light brand. Also, all of them come with elixirs, which is probably good because 1, we have two people who can steal, and 2, we have no healing whatsoever.

Both thieves start on the left, but i decided Mega is probably better off here so the swords (and theft) are spread out? Maybe.

Sam is pretty strong, being a promoted unit and all. But his first action will be to steal the elixir; this guy can suicide next turn.

If this hits...

...which of course it doesn't...

...this would have been so much easier :sigh:

Vandal's personal skill, if you don't remember from the first update, locks his accuracy at 100%... but also the enemy's. A thief with no evade against an axe unit is a weird and unpleasant sight and i do not like it.

Rosetta finished the myrm Mega couldn't take out,

Sam counterkilled the merc,

...and a brave lance is, indeed, not a sword.

Vandal's taking a beating but the runesword means he'll heal on the counter.

Goddammit ow.

This guy goes for Rosetta with his javelin, but she actually doubles and onerounds him, so that's one more problem solved.

This hurts, but i need this guy gone

so i can heal Mega

but uhhh this is not good.

But if i use the steel sword i won't die immediately?

This is out of bow range.

But what do i do next turn...?

This group isn't doing great either.

Elfire is stronger and more accurate than thunder, but also heavier and Rosetta is tiny.

Sam takes out the merc,

and this should make this guy want to heal. I hope.

But i'll never find out because

Vandal has no evasion :doh:

uuuhhhhhh.

What i should have done was steal this elixir straight away.

Mega missed the myrm again.

But she did counterkill the swordreaver guy.

There, now he takes a hit and heals back the damage, and i can kill on the next turn.

Everything else goes much the same.

Doubling and onerounding the soldier included.

Ahh, nice refreshing elixir. Tastes so blue.

I wanted to get her out of light brand range, but completely missed the other merc on the bottom.

Everything else was perfect! I killed this guy from a position out of reach for the light brand guy,

and then Rosetta got doubled

and shot. She is not impressed.

At least i can have revenge!

And a sweet-rear end level!

Grabbing another elixir.

Sam can dodge!

...and he actually needed to, once.

Now he can heal,

and i can take out

uuughhhh

So Sam almost died... again...

This isn't great either, but this guy needs to go.

Of course, she whiffed both hits.

Can at least kill the archer!

And get another sweet-rear end level!

But Mega doesn't survive.

I'm coming home early to tell you why middle is best.

I do not have a single clue what this is supposed to mean, but i don't game over when you die so i'm just going to keep going!

Sam kills this guy next turn,

Vandal steals an elixir,

and after some back and forth we manage to take him out, too.

The bosses haven't moved.

But i figured they might, so

What are you going to do, kick me out? Stupid bitch.

No!

It is in fact you who are the stupid bitch!

Just gotta check this guy's range and

it turns out we can just shiv him. So let's!

How could I lose... to you... Gwaaah!

You sound like a midboss.

Thanks for the level, though!

Now, what to do about this...

Vandal's the only one with def, so maybe...?

Oh.

He moved.

That was a very stupid decision to make!

Byeeeee

How could I... fall like this?

Is cuz u wr dum.

Phew. That was not the least bit graceful, but a win is a win!

So, Sam, sorry to ask but have I paid off my tab yet?

Oh yeah, after you managed to get a customer to throw you across the store, cause a massive fight, put my staff at risk to protect you, and leave me to pay for the damages, your tab is completely paid off.

Okay, uhhh great, I'll just-

I was being sarcastic you imbecile! You're staying here until you pay every last bit of gold to fix this place back up.
"Have I paid off my tab yet?"
No way in hell have you paid off your drat tab!

Oh god. Sam, I'm really sorry.

You better be!
Now get out of here, you better show up tomorrow.

I will. I know what you'll do if I don't anyway.

Glad we understand each other.

Well, all's well that... ends... well...?

Thank you for playing B3L-H411-A. I really hope you enjoyed playing, even though the game is janky as hell. I'm Jacob, the lead developer and eventer of this hack. I'm also the customer from the tutorial.
Now before the game fully ends I'd like to give some special thanks.

Melliel for making the tileset

who pitched the concept of bartending in FE, and helped in planning

who helped a lot with bouncing ideas and executing them in the hack, as well as writing half of the dialogue.

who designed the initial gameplay of the bar fight and did a lot of testing for it. He also made the title screen

who made the item icons for this hack. He also tested it and found a lot of game-breaking bugs.

Catria is best whitewing, and Mega here shows that's a fact.

a lot of valuable feedback.

and volunteering to go through helping me make sure everyone's events worked and the text was correct.

FEU Spell Academy who helped me fix a lot of the bugs due to my poor ASM coding, especially, Leonarth and Sme/Smethlyn. This hack would not have been possible without any of the people who worked with me and contributed to it. So I'm extremely grateful for
all you've done.
Well, that's all from me. Once again, thank you for playing, and I'll see you all later.

:3 indeed. Well, as we've all noticed, the hack's full of references but... i can't really blame the guy for wanting to give his friends cameos, especially in a not terribly serious one-off like this.

And that's it, for this round! MAFC stands for Make A Fun Chapter; it's an event aiming to encourage... well, making a fun chapter, with the runner making videos showing off each submission. This year, it's been put on hold for who-knows-how-long following serious accusations of misconduct against two "famous" FE youtubers (i don't want to drop gross details on you in the middle of a let's play without prior warning, but it's Pretty Gross) and so this hack was released on its own. It's available here if you want to try it out.

Now, the question is... should we buy another round? There are some 30 possible customers in the game and they're randomized with every run, so there's going to be new faces. Or if the novelty has worn off, we can quit while we're ahead. That, much like the service... is up to you.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Let's go for at least one more round.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

vilkacis posted:

This is a reference to a reference or something, i neither remember nor especially care what.

Not sure if the first line is a reference, but the second line references Bandit Keith in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, who ended all his lines with 'in America.'

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

BisbyWorl posted:

Not sure if the first line is a reference, but the second line references Bandit Keith in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, who ended all his lines with 'in America.'

It’s a reference to the first FE5 translation which also had this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Commander Keene posted:

Let's go for at least one more round.

Yeah!