Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

How could you do such a thing and violate all standards of human decency?

I used four different printers today

I managed to survive this harrowing ordeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Bloop posted:

Your arms must be tired :smugbird:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

Your arms must be tired :smugbird:

:dadjoke:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

The Bloop posted:

Highly hosed up if true.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Highly hosed up if true.

Also two different scanners and one plotter

It's true!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Bacontotem posted:

Don't gently caress the waste tonor bottle. It may be welcoming but that's the extra bad stuff!

Lol imagine not being able to shrug off a little cancer, coward.

The Bloop posted:

Keep it on the BDSM websites please.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

When someone else in IT asked me why I never moved over into desktop support I didn't hesitate for an instant before saying "Printers!"

I'd love to wipe them all from existence but there are things that need to go on paper, I suppose.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i got hired for a job once thinking i'd be helping work on a tv show, but instead it was just getting constantly harangued by the EP about his lost airpods and inability to ever print anything from his computer

oh yeah and one time i had to get him to the eye doctor because he began panicking that he had an eye infection and literally couldn't function

(it was anxiety)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
he went through three pairs of Airpods in three weeks

he made me research if he would be taxed on bringing his own personal printer to the EU, and made us pay for it to go there with him

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
the man paid

to have a 60 dollar cheap-rear end inkjet printer

shipped from the US to Europe

because he was absolutely terrified he wouldn't find a printer he could understand or use

(there was a fully functional one in the office we rented out in EU)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
anyway it's not illegal or taxed to bring your own printer into Europe, if you ever wanted someone to confirm that to you. start your own printer army. no one will know. or care.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Imagine backpacking through europe while carrying your own printer

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

anyway it's not illegal or taxed to bring your own printer into Europe, if you ever wanted someone to confirm that to you. start your own printer army. no one will know. or care.

Customs officer: Oh no. No no, we've got too many of these pieces of poo poo in our country already, you're not adding to our grief, you villain.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I delivered and installed a printer today

It will be used by a number of underpaid public servants who half payed attention to my training

This will no doubt be vexing to their IT person

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'd rather have a million more cane toads than another set of printer drivers to worry about

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I used a printer today. It did its job admirably. The document I submitted to it was printed according to my specifications.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

the man paid

to have a 60 dollar cheap-rear end inkjet printer

shipped from the US to Europe

because he was absolutely terrified he wouldn't find a printer he could understand or use

(there was a fully functional one in the office we rented out in EU)

I hope it wasn't capable of handling 230 volts and fried itself when he plugged it in using a cheap plug converter dongle instead of a stepdown converter.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Sekenr posted:

Imagine backpacking through europe while carrying your own printer

With the run on kettle bells, this is a serious consideration.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I have the opportunity to adopt a free, working 42" designjet my job just replaced, with new ink cartridges and two rolls of paper. Talk me down from the cliff.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

shame on an IGA posted:

I have the opportunity to adopt a free, working 42" designjet my job just replaced, with new ink cartridges and two rolls of paper. Talk me down from the cliff.

No, I would buy some waterproof inks and go crazy printing topo maps.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ok we are on the same giant page brother I'm planning photorealistic see-through-the-wall-paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shame on an IGA posted:

Shame it has to be an HP but a free printer is a free printer. I say go for it