Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best type of sword
Katana
Saber
Claymore
Rapier
Long Sword
Gladius (Roman)
Big hunk of metal anime sword
Short Sword (starting weapon)
Goku with a sword
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A sword is as useful today as it was in the olden days. I think the first big mistake people make when starting their sword collection is overthinking things. Your wife isn't going to leave you because you bought a sword. Let's face reality here Funky she had her bags packed mentally months before that Cold Steel zweilhander arrived by courier. Do the elegent cool lines of distill tapered steel compare to her soft hands resting on your chest as you sleep or the way she called you Funky Monkey when you made her laugh? No of course not but that's not what it was designed to do. It was designed to cut a bottle of water cleanly in two and it does that with razor-like efficiency. For the price point the Cold Steel zweihander is an excellent sword and well worth the purchase. 8/10 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Professor Shark posted:

I like the swords tgat make the metallic *zing* sound and then they make a sound when the sun hits them HELL YEAH!!!

That effect is known as "tempering" the blade and only a master sword smith can do it. In almost every movie you see where a sword does that it's actually a foley guy opening the gate to a cemetery a midnight.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Lowtax trusted his fists and look where that got him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Actually they're great for cutting bottles in your backyard while you try not to think about starting again as an out of shape 47yo man with no wife but a fantastically crafted and affordable replica of an historical zweihander. Really no complaints about the sword at all.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

hamtaro posted:

i'd rather have a scythe or a staff so that the soldiers in the rice farming fiefdom that owns the land I work on do not confiscate it

Do you need some help? Should we call Amnesty International for you or raise awareness of something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You sound you're describing a carving knife which is very much not a sword. In fact any cutting tool that has utility outside of slicing open bottles of water in your backyard is not a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I only like BLADES that come with BABES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74cnBa_Bmc

???