Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
Can somebody post a new link to this Discord? The only ones I can find are expired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

TY. My new fishing goal is I wanna go striper fishing with Dean Ween one day

http://www.mickeysfishing.com/

e: I wanna ask him about fly fishing but I'm scared he'll make fun of me

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:eyepop:

Can you find out what he was talking about?

You're not allowed to mention Ween on his boat apparently, and no bananas (presumably blow is cool)

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

SEGA rear end Fisting posted:

I've been wanting to get people together for a charter, but my friends who fish don't know ween, and my friends who like ween don't fish. Or at least they don't spend private charter money on fishing.

your fishing thread friends do

Elmnt80 posted:

I found out about bananas through following some flw angler's youtube channels. They all agreed it was a dumb superstition, but were too scared to go against it.

I ate a banana on the boat at lunch the day I caught my tarpon after like 7 full 10 hour days on the water trying total :smugbert:

And then guide I fish with in Sebastian told me he knows a marlin guide who won't let his clients wear fruit of the loom underwear because there's a banana on the logo

joem83 posted:

Yeah the party boats are running here in CA. They're all half capacity with the price raised a bit, it's been great!
that sounds ideal

rndmnmbr posted:

I never caught anything but carp with these. But that was okay, carp put up a hell of a fight, even if I didn't get to eat them.
Yes, carp are fun as all get out to catch, but usually very hard to hook in my experience, so if you have something that works well for that then gently caress yeah. I heard about some big koi in a river around here, but the guy that posted a pic of it on instagram is kinda a "famous" "influencer" and I know he uses DUBIOUS TACTICS to catch big trout, so idk.

e: to expound on that a little, his "dubious tactics" range from hilarious (guiding trophy trout clients with a pocket full of fish food "we gotta make sure they have a good time out here") to loving abhorrent (snagging/intentionally foul hooking very old, very large trout with heavy leader on the fly line so he can pose with his hog on the gram). Aside from the fact that that is cruel and very likely to kill fish that you're supposed to be catching and releasing, I feel like if you can't catch trout, with flies, that they ate, then hey maybe you shouldn't be famous on the internet for being good at catching huge trout, but hey I'm not here to judge anybody you know what I mean

I gotta friend who used to wreck bass and he mostly used hogs when he used plastics. I kinda got him converted to the trout life in the past year or so though

CHUCK WAS TAKEN fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 24, 2020