Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Went fishing on the Red River. Got skunked mostly because I brought my emotional support bicycle and spent most of my time on it while my wife and friends (all in seperate tents) fished. Lots of marks and little guys but no keepers.

Hard water is good. Morons driving on to the east side and having to be rescued by helicopter because the lake isn't locked up and the ice out on the west side keeps opening up... not so good.

Stay safe deposit not get caught needing a ride in the whirly bird and having to leave your truck on the ice for a week.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Gonna be above freezing for a few hours each day over the weekend and only a few degrees below it for the next week or so.

Tis the season.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
A pike that small in cold water would actually taste decent, too.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

King of Bees posted:

On another note i was flinging some spinners in a flounder hole thats usually productive but got nothing. I asked an old timer where are all the good local fishing reports since the local fishing forums are dead. He said theyre all on fuckin facebook now. I havent had a fb account in many years and now im thinking of it just for fishing

Facebook in my neck of the woods is also the best resource for fishing hunting cycling and general outdoors news and events. If you only follow those things and actively block anyone that spams memes whines or flowery background Karen graffiti inspirational quotes and stuff it's not that terrible.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Otoh once you do find a spot where you can fish in peace without assholes in bass boats zipping around swamping canoes while blasting Nickelback and throwing beer cans overboard, you understand why maybe some people don't want to advertise it on the Internet.

Same with good hunting spots and range spots. A few friends and I finally have a spot that doesn't look like a redneck landfill and we're not telling a soul.