Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Go all in on mangosteen futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

synergy and cutting edge ideas, it's right there in his post!!

True, nothing quite matches the synergy of combining rockets, cars, shingles, and tunnel-boring equipment. They just complement each other's strengths perfectly. :haw:

E: *Musk buys Cutco knives company to get the cutting edge part*

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
This is a top notch thread. I hope OP posts his trades here so I can also make those trades.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

thewalk posted:

I dont know enough about TSLA never making enough. elon portfolio of companies have a synergy and cutting edge ideas people are pricing in the overall concept of Musks companies. whether they are wrong is beyond me to say

OP why do you think it's beyond you to say if they're wrong about Tesla, but not the rest of the stock market, which is much more complex than Tesla? It's strange to have those seemingly conflicting thoughts.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

Sundae posted:

True, nothing quite matches the synergy of combining rockets, cars, shingles, and tunnel-boring equipment. They just complement each other's strengths perfectly. :haw:

E: *Musk buys Cutco knives company to get the cutting edge part*

Im in the solar industry its how I made my money and what solar city has done since Elon bought them out of bankruptcy is pretty impressive. hes moved away from door sales go cookie cutter internet sales. and aesthetically pleasing

+

gigafactory batteries

+

electric cars

and space x on its own is a wonder to behold. if you dont see it then oh well

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

CarForumPoster posted:

This is a top notch thread. I hope OP posts his trades here so I can also make those trades.

if I post my trades its too late Im day trading and in past 2 weeks Ive added ~5%

I didnt do any short sales because you guys were right about that not being worth it.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

vandalism posted:

Go all in on mangosteen futures.

dont know what that is but sounds like a funny comment tell me more :)

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

Inept posted:

OP why do you think it's beyond you to say if they're wrong about Tesla, but not the rest of the stock market, which is much more complex than Tesla? It's strange to have those seemingly conflicting thoughts.

let me rephrase. I disagree that tesla will never warrant the valuation investors have given it. I dont own any tesla stock but in general what Elon touches turns to gold

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

thewalk posted:

if I post my trades its too late Im day trading and in past 2 weeks Ive added ~5%

I didnt do any short sales because you guys were right about that not being worth it.

Oh yea day trading where your trades reset at midnight EDT

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

CarForumPoster posted:

Oh yea day trading where your trades reset at midnight EDT

my trades dont reset at midnight what are you talking about?

and $15k in 2 weeks Im not complaining. well see if it continues like this

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

thewalk posted:

my trades dont reset at midnight what are you talking about?

and $15k in 2 weeks Im not complaining. well see if it continues like this

thats $400k/yr why havent you quit your job

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

CarForumPoster posted:

It can only go up!!!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Hoodwinker posted:

It can only go up!!!

yea when he reinvests those winnings it’s now exponential growth

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

CarForumPoster posted:

because i make more than that running my company

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018
in either case I got the jist of the info you guys have. take care guys

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Personally I found your company to be priceless

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

thewalk posted:

loving priceless.

E: goddamnit, now I'm posting like GGGC. This thread has brought me to a new low.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When someone “shorts” the stock market it is a reference to Bart Simpson insisting that others “eat his shorts”. A lot of people don’t know the origin of this Wall Street term!

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just quit my job and invested all of my money in buying Kodak stocks through Robin Hood

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

jokes posted:

When someone “shorts” the stock market it is a reference to Bart Simpson insisting that others “eat his shorts”. A lot of people don’t know the origin of this Wall Street term!

Goddamned idiot, stfu about stuff you don't understand.

It's when you unplug the stock market from its power strip and stick it into a 220V outlet instead.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

With $300k to invest, you have the ability to use an options strategy called a box spread, I hear your mom's the expert at that one

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

guys I think this thread is only going up up up, how do I invest?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Martman posted:

guys I think this thread is only going up up up, how do I invest?

send 2BTC to elkjaljk325397jgds7gjsdasdf4o878ufsoijflksjdt84jdsklfjg89 and the thread will return 200% in 48 hrs

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

thewalk posted:

hey op, you should have about $370K incl principal now assuming 2.5% per week. How's that doin?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gotta know when to hold em, and when to fold em (into larger options positions).

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
OP I hope you went through with your plan to short the market. Look how much it went down! You must have made a fortune!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Looks like his plan is working out really well so far!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Moneyball posted:

OP I hope you went through with your plan to short the market. Look how much it went down! You must have made a fortune!

And it's green! Holy poo poo!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

jokes posted:

TSLA won’t ever make enough money to justify its current valuation. This has been true for the past 6 years and continues to be true, but “stonk price go up bc Elon made a twweet’! He put car in SPace!! He likes Rick and Morty too!!” is apparently all the financial analysis you need to invest in TSLA in fuckin’ drooooves.

Everything is a bubble, yes, but TSLA is a bubble. Buying puts on it should be a no brainer but billions have been lost that way.

tesla stock has doubled in price since this post

and it's still not wrong

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have another Guaranteed To Be True post about TSLA: In 3 years, TSLA is going to acquire AAPL at the purchase price of 10 TSLA shares. That means, in an ironic twist, an Apple Car has already been in development for 10+ years, it just wasn't done by Apple.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

jokes posted:

I have another Guaranteed To Be True post about TSLA: In 3 years, TSLA is going to acquire AAPL at the purchase price of 10 TSLA shares. That means, in an ironic twist, an Apple Car has already been in development for 10+ years, it just wasn't done by Apple.

This is already assumed in the current TSLA price

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
I clicked on this thread looking for useful information about shorting and I was not disappointed.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Clearly, the smartest among us will be the most successful so you should just invest in smart people and

thewalk posted:

Guys, I think capitalism was a mistake.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
The government is pulling its funds out of the financial markets at end of year. Now is the time! :supaburn:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Put all of your money into blenders.

like literal blenders and liquify it.

Source: I have 100 billion dollars in my blood as we speak

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Nice and hot piss posted:

Blood money!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Nice and hot piss posted:

And you'll be protected from AIDS this way!

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

aids is actually good

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Spokes posted:

tesla stock has doubled in price since this post

and it's still not wrong

tesla stock has increased 50% since this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Spokes posted:

tesla stock has increased 50% since this post

We regret to inform you that Tesla is dead.