Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

post them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Buy more clothes, less books.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Mrs. Sexual posted:

that sounds dumb

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mrs. Sexual posted:

who the gently caress wears clothes anymore, clothes are 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looking at the thread title, you might want to read some of those books OP.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

You seem to be Finnish and an engineer OP, I'm sorry on your behalf.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
What are the two thin books in the middle of the two stacks of books? Why can't I see Capital and the Koran on your bookshelf?

matti
Mar 31, 2019

The North Tower posted:

What are the two thin books in the middle of the two stacks of books? Why can't I see Capital and the Koran on your bookshelf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZbdEGTW54

nössö punk on se lähtökohta

theres like 3 leftist books in there

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Grevling posted:

You seem to be Finnish and an engineer OP, I'm sorry on your behalf.

'tis true😔

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
what if i am not a book shelves?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Sapiens? Drake no face.
Mike Duncan? Drake yes face.

How'd you like Indigenous PHotUS?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Oooooo I would ask to borrow wwz

Haven't read it

Like your bookshelf, you are quite the dry history fan tho

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

The North Tower posted:

Sapiens? Drake no face.
Mike Duncan? Drake yes face.

How'd you like Indigenous PHotUS?

My mom keeps buying be that Sapiens book for Christmas every year and i still haven't read it. She knows i like history and i think she keeps forgetting she gave it to me the previous year. I'm guessing its not so good based on your reaction.

Mike Duncan is great, really looking forward to more Russian revolutions content when he starts that back up. His new book sounds awesome too, i'm definitely going to get it when its released.

tbh i don't really remember. I read it a few years ago, but i think i remember it being pretty good.

Spinz posted:

Oooooo I would ask to borrow wwz

Haven't read it

Like your bookshelf, you are quite the dry history fan tho

You can have it if you want, it was good but i don't know that ill read it though again. If you pm me a po box or something i'll ship it to ya

What exactly is dry about "Imperial Spain 1469-1716" or "Eastern Europe 1740-1985"?????? Haha no you got me, i like that kind of stuff though so i think they're pretty interesting reads

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

RepeatingMeme posted:

My mom keeps buying be that Sapiens book for Christmas every year and i still haven't read it. She knows i like history and i think she keeps forgetting she gave it to me the previous year. I'm guessing its not so good based on your reaction.

Mike Duncan is great, really looking forward to more Russian revolutions content when he starts that back up. His new book sounds awesome too, i'm definitely going to get it when its released.

tbh i don't really remember. I read it a few years ago, but i think i remember it being pretty good.

You can have it if you want, it was good but i don't know that ill read it though again. If you pm me a po box or something i'll ship it to ya

What exactly is dry about "Imperial Spain 1469-1716" or "Eastern Europe 1740-1985"?????? Haha no you got me, i like that kind of stuff though so i think they're pretty interesting reads

Sapiens tries to do too much with an author who knows too little. For me I flipped to what he says about Marx, since that's what I know the most about. He completely gets it backwards (saying that there is a conspiracy at the top, rather than the reality of capitalism working like any other evolutionary process), which is alarming since Marx is one of the most important thinkers of the last 200 years.

So if you read it, read with the reminder that you may be becoming misinformed.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Learning a lot from Sam Harris?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nope. I was going to donate everything there to the library a few months ago but covid.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

My books are all digital these days, so their bookshelf looks something like this:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Nope. I was going to donate everything there to the library a few months ago but covid.

Yeah, same here. I got about 6 milk crates of books just sitting in my basement.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I burned all my books long ago.

Only I have the knowledge now.

:twisted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
here's some. a lot are packed up OR have been borrowed by my parents who are bored in quarantine.

they're marked as textbooks since they're used, none of these were coursebooks of mine. i'd have kept 'em though, silly kids!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also I highlight books and underline stuff and make notes and dog-ear the pages

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
I only have 20 copies of The Gulag Archipelago on my bookshelf. I'm sure you can see it in your mind's eye.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just lol if you think your western novels can begin to touch on the complex themes hidden in the volumes of my personal manga collection. The average Gaijin wouldn't understand the complexity or subtlety of the themes. I actually taught english in Nippon for 2 whole years and can now appreciate the finely woven narrative tapestry of this last true art form.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I don't read, op.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I almost never give away or sell my books, even ones I don't particularly care for, because if I suddenly remember something I read and want to go back and double check the reference or see if there's anything I didn't retain it feels incredibly good to be able to just walk over and check, and nothing pisses me off more than trying to find the name of that goddamned sci-fi short story I read in high school and google having no idea what I'm talking about

however, my bookshelf is in the back of most of my xtube videos and I'm worried they might have computers that can correlate those sorts of things and you'll all be able to see my dinger

as a compromise, you may ask me if I have a book and I'll tell you yes or no

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

ugh ok i'll bite, do you have a book?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Im the illustrated jewish bible for children

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

My shelves are such a drat mess. Here's a fraction

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Ok sure. Here are my cheap rear end Sauder bookshelves and the books I was able to get shipped to my new place.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Im the illustrated jewish bible for children

it's actually a super duper useful and accessible reference on that topic

basically a cliff's notes. not really bowdlerized at all which is interesting.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm going to win messiest and most eclectic, cool

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have some book's

They are in no particular order because I haven't arranged them yet

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pick posted:

it's actually a super duper useful and accessible reference on that topic

basically a cliff's notes. not really bowdlerized at all which is interesting.

Really? That's neat.

Page 12: "Yo Check out all the foreskins i got for my boy Yahweh"

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Heath posted:

I have some book's

They are in no particular order because I haven't arranged them yet

Gonna finish Proust? Don’t you love it when a publisher changes their spines 1/3 of the way through a series?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They've changed their spines twice and they haven't even finished retranslating them. The last two volumes haven't been done up in the Deluxe Editions yet.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Really? That's neat.

Page 12: "Yo Check out all the foreskins i got for my boy Yahweh"