Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

On my old desk I had one 25” in portrait and one in landscape. I think that’s a better setup that two widescreens side by side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

eschaton posted:

what makes it good is that it has only Amiga badging rather than being Commodore badged

i think that monitor is made by toshiba and they are all very old now. good luck goon and be careful working inside crts

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I got a recap kit for it so as long as whatever’s going ka-chunk inside isn’t, like, a broken off piece of the tube, I’m sure it’ll be fine

I also have an acquaintance who is an absolute wizard with CRTs, in the sense that if he’s drunk at a party and there’s a non-working TV he’ll ask for a screwdriver and somehow wind up fixing it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
do you go to a lot of parties with broken televisions?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

do you go to a lot of parties with broken televisions?

I mean, define "a lot"?

:shrug:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I would definitely look at the U3419W if I were replacing my U3415W right now :grin:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yes, OP, this one.

https://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
I asked shsc what it would take to get into CRTs, and the answer was so long I didn't even read it all

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Ordered a needs-suiting monitor, it'll be here on Thursday. Somehow it's simultaneously not fancy and still three hundred dollars.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i got an asus pro art 10 bit display and it's extremely ownage

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i only jerk off to hentai on the finest EIZO RadiForce RX850 medical diagnostic display ($20,348)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

GX560 for me

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

rotor posted:

GX560 for me

lmbo

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

TimWinter posted:

Ordered a needs-suiting monitor, it'll be here on Thursday. Somehow it's simultaneously not fancy and still three hundred dollars.

“still”

when did people decide that things that don’t suck should be dirt cheap

if an actual good display doesn’t cost a grand or two, take the win

it’s not unreasonable for the best professional tools to be priced comparably to a low-end new car

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

GX560 for me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

did we find any good monitors itc? I would like a new monitor for gamering but would prefer a monitor that does not look like a monitor for gamering

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

klosterdev posted:

Model is Dell P2815Qf

Update: I finally chucked the second one after that one decided to start flickering too and spitting out audio and "this monitor needs to be run at 30fps" errors several times per day. Even though I explicitly set it to run at 4k 30fps.

Using the 1920x1200 screens from my old cube now and is such a breath of fresh air. No awful latency, colors richer than a dog's eyesight, and seeing clearly doesn't require a narrower viewing angle than on a 1st gen 3DS.

Don't use lovely monitors you will get used to them and bask in ignorant misery.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor posted:

GX560 for me

Are-are all my dudes Breast Men?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
got that secret menu at taco bell, dog

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Bloody posted:

did we find any good monitors itc? I would like a new monitor for gamering but would prefer a monitor that does not look like a monitor for gamering

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

this site always has a good and up to date overview

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

eschaton posted:

it’s not unreasonable for the best professional tools to be priced comparably to a low-end new car

sir, you're not actually supposed to play res on a mammogram display

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Optoma just started selling a 1080p240/4K60 projector for Not That Much Money

is a Projector a Monitor?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

TimWinter posted:

sir, you're not actually supposed to play res on a mammogram display