Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think I am a strawberry basil robitussin granita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know you only skipped me because I hadnt signed up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

The correct way to say it is vig, as in short for vigorous, and not vidge, as in short for vigilante. If you defend vidge you’re on the same side as ‘.jif’ and I, without reservation, hate you.

I have t read anything but this post and I agree 100%

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Bif who are your top 3 scums

taste I haven't caught up with everything but I completely trust you, who are the top 3 scums I should be worried about?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

RIP biffffff

I need to go back and look at sng’s “I’m about to shoot bif” post to see if it’s posturing but my gut feeling is sng is town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

i told him he was a big baby if he didn't shoot someone on his improbable day 1 lumpen scum list (which included bif to be fair).

then i said a post later it should be bminus

Beet, you are not giving me good vibes this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

It took me until "It's 4am and I'm drunk and mad" until I stopped skimming

I couldn’t sleep at 2am and I tried to catch up on this thread and got that far too and I was like maybe I should sleep...

Although sleep was hard because before I got that far I saw beet was being mean to me and that he likes you more than me so I was up thinking about that

So now I’m caught up again but I have to get ready for work. I know I’ve been lovely, these big games are tough early for a “quick skim and comment” player like I am when busy, there are hundreds of posts every time I come back but at least half the posts are beet being scummy so that helps a bit

##vote beet for now but I truly will be back later with more time for real posts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

You're terrible

I agree with b- what does that make me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

I mean I'm absolutely positive you're scum, so, scum.

Wow, will you have egg on your face

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

You and SNG. I would hardly call that "making GBS threads out a lot of votes".

I’m sure there are cases against Sandwolf out there. Is it just his defense of SNG and reaction to SNG votes?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

Ok maybe I will later but I really implore people to entertain the idea that this fits scum hambeet moves.

I still agree with this, hambeet seems much more self aware to me than his town game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

tpink has not posted in over 48 hours

So I guess this sort of a response to steaks prior post asking where people were at but I don’t like this random bit of shade you felt the need to mine for but not actually comment on, that’s a scumalong look

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Phew yea SNG is scum let’s do this lunch.

Defensiveness is priority over developing scum reads in SNGs perspective here. Notice how he’s not evaluating my alignment but just going straight for self-defense. Calling Bifs play “bad” over scummy also reads SCUMMY to me (not bad.)

Hrm. I agree with the last bit but I don’t think being defensive in light of the situation and being attacked repeatedly is necessarily a scum tell. Certainly when I’m against the block as town I can get in a mode where I just respond to everything without considering if it’s scum attacking me (except the last game with taste, but even then I kept answering him)

I still feel like that vig didn’t play out in a scummy way and the fact that SNG made his own decision (unless I’m misremembering and people pushing for him to shoot bif) makes it feel townier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

What is there to comment on? They have not posted in over 48 hours. There is literally a void where their posts should be.

This feels scummy coming from you.

Do you think tpink is scummy for not posting? I’m genuinely unsure or if you are just hoping someone else says thats scummy and gets the ball rolling?

It was just a weird place for you to pop in and say nothing but that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

My preference between the current leaders would be Steak > hambeet > SNG as the vote - my eyes were glazing over at the stuff between the prior two yesterday, but I still think SNG reads like overwhelmed town. I can't speak to the meta read on hambeet that Tommunist/yuming/Hal have brought up since I've never played or read a game with him before, but he's read sensibly to me so far today while Steak's been more chaos mode

OMGUS angle aside, b-minus is skeeving me the gently caress out. They've been voting me since before I had a chance to read the thread has never given a reason other than "scum are lurking right now" (although I've posted more than them) and considers that convincing enough to frame it like this. It's really weirding me out since unless b-minus is a rereg or something, we've never played a game together

Does this make more sense to someone else? Am I missing something?

I don’t have a meta read on SNG to be clear, I have a meta read on mafia players and how they would play that situation

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t have a meta read on SNG to be clear, I have a meta read on mafia players and how they would play that situation

Oh duh that was in reference to hambeet I’m dumb, yep that’s more meta hambeet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

okay i'm going to go bush walking here today:

if i don't post ever again a drop bear got me.

uhhh that look amazing, have an amazing time even if you are scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Steak and Hal - what do you guys think of b-minus right now? Like, do they make sense to you?

I see why the out-of-nowhere vote on you would ping you, I don't think b- has done anything I wouldn't expect b- to do so far except maybe make quite a few early town calls. The unsubstantiated vote is par for the course though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Cena tell me how you feel about Steak vs. hambeet for your second preference or my vote stays here. Right now we've got a virtual 3-way tie at 4 votes between three people, this is exactly the kind of situation where scum might have to cloak what they actually want to do vs. what they want the thread to do

Yeah Cena hopping on the easy tpink request then immediately backing down and leaving a vote on SNG and saying "see ya shitlords" is quite the run of scummy behavior

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel like I do

##vote Cena is fine by me, I already said he scummed out of the thread earlier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Feels like people wanting to avoid the issues of today by swerving to someone last minute.

Mmmm it’s not like voting tpink because of lurking though, Cena has a decent scum body of work for D1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Was watching a nice with the kids. They have a 10:30 bedtime too.

I thought "a nice" was going to be some cool aussie slang but no

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Cena

I slept on my left leg awkwardly and woke myself up way too early on a Saturday morning :[

Same but it was my right arm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Well that might explain your bad posts...

I had higher hopes for you beet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

So why make a big show of it and say you're unbookmarking? Why not say "I feel like reading into this hambeet/steak thing is pointless" like plenty have people done, play Final Fantasy and chill and stuff, and then just come back for deadline (like you did) to see if a vote needs to be moved around to avoid a no lunch?

This exactly

Also Cena saying we were trying to stifle discussion by voting him when both PoP and I declared Cena suspicious when he peaced out and then voting him a few hours before deadline seems like a flailing attack to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

I agree, what else was Cena supposed to do?

He wasn’t a major candidate when he meet the thread.

I agree it was basically a trap to make it seem like Cena could be attacked if he posted and attacked if he didn’t and it’s not a good look

However that doesn’t make what Cena did yesterday less scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Steak

Yeah I’d be good with steak or with beet for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can’t see how you guys don’t realize both scum teams would be frightened to death of me