Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

im kind of checked out playing with a town thats just taking a nap and not trying, so if they aren't then im not gonna fight for them.

Furthermore: it’s day 2??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cheese sandwich posted:

It's better than Sal imo & I get townie vibes from Sal & JC

I don't feel strongly about anyone being scum at the moment, I'm fine giving this a shot. We still have lots of time to explore options

oh come on you just said you actually thought I was at least kinda scummy

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

This was your previous post about sandwolf before you flipped a bit later and suddenly declared sandwolfs actions "v sus" (Cena also listed his reasoning between your posts at your request but you didn't comment on it). That whole sequence feels off to me as does you deciding that you'd go along with Cena's dumb thunderdome. NOT LIKING IT ##vote cheese sandwich

I didn't flip anywhere, the last few games I've been in have been a personal journey to try to trust my gut more and he helped validate something I couldn't explain I guess? Hence why I asked someone that had taken a position already to flesh it out

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

oh come on you just said you actually thought I was at least kinda scummy

Yup?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

This is more engaged than I can ever remember Hal being

Not that it's a bad thing, thinking about it it probably helps me feel better about him rn despite his positions

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

This was your previous post about sandwolf before you flipped a bit later and suddenly declared sandwolfs actions "v sus" (Cena also listed his reasoning between your posts at your request but you didn't comment on it). That whole sequence feels off to me as does you deciding that you'd go along with Cena's dumb thunderdome. NOT LIKING IT ##vote cheese sandwich

Also revisiting this, while I was catching up for the day normally what I do is just tab out a quote when I see a post that catches my attention and note some quick thoughts. The post you're claiming is off right here was one of my random thoughts I was organizing for myself in between checking on what was going on

If you're interested in the context

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Where I am rn in general;

townish
sal - his reaction to pressure feels town, feel okay about him rn
jc - I don't see scum motivation for the combination of his claim with sal, trying to pull sandwolf into a thunderdome & voting himself, that would be super put on. Also agree wrt sandwolf
hal - gut mainly rn. This has been fluctating
toalp - I moved toalp between neutral and towny before I hit submit, I feel like scum toalp is lurkier & low content until he has a reason not to be and I like the calls he's made. Toalp is someone I normally assume is scum too and I've felt good about them so far, idk

neutral
hum - I'm mostly fencesitting on him. I feel like so far his behaviour is more town than not atm
sci - so sci is someone that I usually feel is either definitely scum or wrong/tunnelly town, rn I'm leaning towards the latter but not enough to make a call. His cases sound townie but I generally don't agree with his conclusions, idk. Reading that it sounds like I should think he's town but I don't yet?
tpink - there was a post I didn't like d1 but altogether she (I think? sorry if wrong) seems less self aware or maybe confident than I would think scum would
siv - this one (& Sci) is where I'm kind of stuck rn. I think my read is mainly based on expectations for my meta impression of siv in general and I'm not really comfortable with a call based on a shallow meta when otherwise I feel like I'd be okay with her? This is partially me sounding it out I guess along with a few others

scumish
opop - refer to this post but I don't feel like he's contributed much of value & especially if Sal ends up flipping town opop is going to be one of the people it reflects poorly upon imo
sand

yesterday was a 16 and today was a 12, my doob is starting to hit so I'm probably going to crash & sleep on it p soon. I may hang for a bit though or just do a couple of days in stardew

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no dichotomy, i think sandwolf is the scummiest player here, i want him gone, and if its not him i would absolutely rather it be me then.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why do you think I’m scum though!!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Both JC and Sal are being ridiculously performative. I don’t understand why JC thinks Sandwolf is scum, and I don’t understand the town motivation for setting up a “him or me” situation based on absolutely nothing.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

cheese sandwich posted:

townish
jc - I don't see scum motivation for the combination of his claim with sal, trying to pull sandwolf into a thunderdome & voting himself, that would be super put on. Also agree wrt sandwolf
scumish
opop - refer to this post but I don't feel like he's contributed much of value & especially if Sal ends up flipping town opop is going to be one of the people it reflects poorly upon imo

These are both terrible reads that make no sense.

Your justification for JC being town is that his play is too performative to be scum.

RF is pretty town, he’s been making alignment calls and calling out bad posts in a townie way. If you’re going to build your scum call on someone not contributing, I don’t understand how your very next sentence can be about how they are pushing an execution and looking bad.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Why is Sandwolf scum? I don’t think I’ve seen a proper justification for that call from either JC or Cheese, certainly nothing to warrant setting up a ridiculous false dichotomy.

I’ve read his posts, he seems pretty town to me, just saying “nuh uh, he’s scum” is not enough.

Coup leader Anidav
Jun 10, 2020

cheese sandwich posted:

It's better than Sal imo & I get townie vibes from Sal & JC

I don't feel strongly about anyone being scum at the moment, I'm fine giving this a shot. We still have lots of time to explore options

Well this is pinging me

Coup leader Anidav
Jun 10, 2020
poo poo how did I not notice I’m logged into the wrong account. This is Humalong.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

no dichotomy, i think sandwolf is the scummiest player here, i want him gone, and if its not him i would absolutely rather it be me then.

But why tho

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

townish
toalp - I moved toalp between neutral and towny before I hit submit, I feel like scum toalp is lurkier & low content until he has a reason not to be and I like the calls he's made. Toalp is someone I normally assume is scum too and I've felt good about them so far, idk

neutral
hum - I'm mostly fencesitting on him. I feel like so far his behaviour is more town than not atm
sci - so sci is someone that I usually feel is either definitely scum or wrong/tunnelly town, rn I'm leaning towards the latter but not enough to make a call. His cases sound townie but I generally don't agree with his conclusions, idk. Reading that it sounds like I should think he's town but I don't yet?
tpink - there was a post I didn't like d1 but altogether she (I think? sorry if wrong) seems less self aware or maybe confident than I would think scum would
siv - this one (& Sci) is where I'm kind of stuck rn. I think my read is mainly based on expectations for my meta impression of siv in general and I'm not really comfortable with a call based on a shallow meta when otherwise I feel like I'd be okay with her? This is partially me sounding it out I guess along with a few others

scumish
sand

yesterday was a 16 and today was a 12, my doob is starting to hit so I'm probably going to crash & sleep on it p soon. I may hang for a bit though or just do a couple of days in stardew

I am going to repeat what Sci said already, but wow, you and I really have different takeaways from JC's posting and the thunderdome stuff. I'll admit that my read of JC is probably influenced by the last game we just finished playing, where he was similarly performative and frustrated, and ended up flipping scum. But whoo boy, that does not read town to me.

(And I'm a he/him, btw. Men can wear pink. :D)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Spoonsy

Sandwolf posted:

come on, let's lunch Spoonsy

Sandwolf posted:

We can lunch Spoonsy and make everyone happy!!

I'm going back over some posts now and want to just make a note about Sandwolf's early vote on Spoons that he didn't explain until Bif pressed him (below), and even then, it's a very caveated response. I'm not going to read too much into it just yet because hey, it's D1 and town gets it wrong all the time, but I'm always wary about votes for players that end up flipping town that don't have any contemporaneous explanation or rationale.

Sandwolf posted:

Okay Bif here you go:

Spoonsy has been scum a bunch recently and he survives through D1 under very similar circumstances. That coupled with his brief statements (aware of the game but not commenting on anything, not taking any stances, purposefully saying he’s flaunting the game til deadline day?) just make me feel more okay with lunching him. Do I know he’s scum? No, but nothing else has particularly stuck out to me today (except you, tbf, Bif, but that seems to be p standard for us).

RF, similarly, has been lunched I think D1 or D2 every game I’ve played with them recently? And so far this seems pretty boilerplate Opop. I don’t think he’s confirmed town that was a joke but yeah I have no interest in lunching him before D3

I like Sandwolf's D2 posting a lot more, though, and it reads more like town badgering other town to participate.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm kind of coming around on JC as scum. Given how this has played out I can sort of see Sal as frustrated town and JC capitalizing on it how he has. I'm not totally sold on it yet though and do still have a good gut read on Sal.

Cheese is also looking bad for that list, as other's have pointed out. If you're not reading the thread and have to make a read just to have one, saying that I'm lurking is usually a very safe case to make. Unfortunately for cheese I'm participating more than usual on this one.

I'm also on the "I don't see Sandwolf as scum at all" boat at this point.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JOHN CENA posted:

im fine being voted. it'll remove a player that is town but is casting doubt over town. this isn't a quit but a move to clear the air for town and maybe get them to get their rear end in gear instead of sleeping on the sidelines.

##vote john cena

You're going to do this and self-vote when you had no votes on you and no real pressure, really?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Real weird sequence of posts, w/r/t JC's self-vote and proposed thunderdome:

cheese sandwich posted:

I think I'm choosing to ignore this (after this post obvs) because I don't understand it and it seems silly. You're your only vote?

JOHN CENA posted:

im calling for and enacting thunderdome between myself and sandwolf.

do not vote for anybody else.

cheese sandwich posted:

between JC and sandwolf I prefer sandwolf rn ##vote sandwolf

Cheese, what made you change your mind from thinking JC's proposed thunderdome was silly to going along with it?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (4): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, Retro Futurist, tpink, Scientastic, Sandwolf
cheese sandwich (1): Hal Incandenza
JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, JOHN CENA
Sandwolf (1): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, cheese sandwich
tpink (1): spacing in vienna
Mr. Humalong (1): SalTheBard, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA

Not Voting (2): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 14th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Please don’t make us wait until deadline for lunch

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We have two piss babies refusing to move their votes today so it’s gonna be difficult getting a lunch, imo

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OK, here we go.

Look who knows in advance that Spoonsy is town:

cheese sandwich posted:

Catching up I am mostly not digging the spoonsy lunch. This is really the only strongish point I saw for it but it looked like a lazy driveby imo

cheese sandwich posted:

I wasn't around earlier so maybe there's context I'm missing but the spoonsy swing seemed like it happened p easily and I'm kinda :tinfoil: about it

cheese sandwich posted:

I don't like the spoonsy lunch but it's better than a no lunch

cheese sandwich posted:

hum's jump from sal to spoons is gross

Look who is trying to have it both ways on Sandwolf vs. JC:

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there anything behind this? My gut really didn't like sandwolf yesterday but reading him over felt townie

this is weird for me because I almost always think sandwolf is scum

preview: lol wtf?

cheese sandwich posted:

I think I'm choosing to ignore this (after this post obvs) because I don't understand it and it seems silly. You're your only vote?

cheese sandwich posted:

between JC and sandwolf I prefer sandwolf rn ##vote sandwolf

Look who is making lazy call outs that show he's not really interested in scumhunting, he's just dropping into the thread to stir poo poo without actually contributing.

cheese sandwich posted:

Hal is doing this worse imo. HAL ARE YOU SCUM

cheese sandwich posted:

Maybe I'm more trusting of mason claims than I should be but I think I can remember maybe one game I was in where someone in an unconfirmed masonry was scum

cheese sandwich posted:

where are you going to start mr opop? My impression of you coming into the day was probably more favourable but the only position you've really taken is vs sal otherwise looking you over it feels like more sidelining than not

cheese sandwich posted:

This is more engaged than I can ever remember Hal being

Not that it's a bad thing, thinking about it it probably helps me feel better about him rn despite his positions

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have two piss babies refusing to move their votes today so it’s gonna be difficult getting a lunch, imo

He said, not voting anyone.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Literally the only post I can find in Cheese's history that doesn't follow this trend is the minor effort post he made. I tried to highlight all the milquetoast non-opinions in it, but it ended up a mess of unreadable bolding and italics.

Just read it, and see if you can spot a strong, unequivocal and properly backed up opinion.

cheese sandwich posted:

townish

neutral

scumish
sand

You can't, because there are none. His town reads are all couched in equivocation, his null reads are all worded in such a way that he can flip them to town/scum either way without any serious effort or reasoning, and his scum reads are both awful. His call about RF is not backed up by the evidence, and he provides no thought whatsoever on Sandwolf

##Vote Cheese Sandwich

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'd be very comfortable with a cheese vote today too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

I'd be very comfortable with a cheese vote today too.

same

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

He said, not voting anyone.

33 hours to deadline lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think I made my feelings on cheese pretty clear at deadline day 1. I’m happy to vote him.

Feeling less good about Toal the more they lurk, as well.

Still think the JC thing is a bluff but I’m willing to ignore him for today in favor of cheese.

##vote cheese sandwich

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

33 hours to deadline lol

I mean that it doesn't make sense to complain about the difficulty of getting a lynch if you're not even voting anyone (I see that you are now, though).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

I mean that it doesn't make sense to complain about the difficulty of getting a lynch if you're not even voting anyone (I see that you are now, though).

You’re worried about the wrong thing

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

You’re worried about the wrong thing

This is a total aside not worth pursuing. I don't care if we lynch today or at the deadline. I was responding to your post that seemed to suggest otherwise.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

gently caress you

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have plenty of time until the end of the day, what is with this hostile rear end post? I have been nothing but polite this whole game so please show me some loving courtesy back

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

after lunch yesterday I was pretty suss on tpink (some sort of internal dichotomy between him/Spoonsy) but after rereading EOD1 I felt like tpinks communication was good.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I was called emotionally manipulative in the last game I was in Sal, I think you can deal with “pissbaby”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

33 hours to deadline lol

Please don’t draw this out another 33 hours though. We don’t benefit from this. Scum will just kill another high volume town poster to help continue the downward slope slide of content drying up here.

Furthermore, wrt cheese/Sal/JC - I’m gonna go with what the dead town player (Bif) said that happens to align with my thinking. Sal I think is the best vote here today. If we don’t do Sal, we’ll just end up having a repeat of this argument over their masonry tomorrow. I think we need to handle this problem now. Depending on how Sal flips it will provide some good insight into cheese’s alignment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

I was called emotionally manipulative in the last game I was in Sal, I think you can deal with “pissbaby”

It's more the fact that

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.

It's pretty lovely to imply that JC and I not voting how Humalong wants us to makes us loving piss babies. You are allowed to vote how you loving want. If you want to discuss your vote calling people names is not the loving way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum keeps calling me wolfie and I would prefer pissbaby