Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Putting my mask on to join this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My flavour will be guy who doesn't join discord servers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

My flavour will be guy who doesn't join discord servers

I will assume I'm town and something cool like a cop or hyper charger

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Has anyone played mafia yet because this game is awesome.

No not yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spoonsy posted:

Yes, yes he is. Possibly the only person who historically has been scum more than me.

Authorman isn't in this game so guess we need to go for the next statistically most likely

##vote spoonsy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Town hal always thinks I’m scum based on nothing whatsoever, and he hasn’t called me out yet today, so he’s prob scum QED

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cheese I forget whose rereg/alt/whatever you are

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cheese sandwich posted:

I was previously slightly toasted

Mmmm, slightly toasted cheese sandwich

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

hm..opop what do you think of hal

He's the light of my life, my moon and stars.

No read on him in this game yet though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

spacing in vienna posted:

I actually got your role PM, amni wanted me to pass it along

It says you are a Cool Dude

Your power is that once per night you can do an Ollie 360

Thank you but that’s not my Pm that’s just me :cool:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

At least Sandwolf is taking lessons from my past methods, heh. Gunning for lurkers is something I generally approve of

But Sandwolf, why is Spoonsy your lurker of choice while RF is "confirmed town"?

You were all Helpful Explainer Man when I didn't get the jokevote Hal was clearly making, but you never took the time to explain your own jokey comment there.

Because I'm town, duh.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think it's more a town thing. Scum have to fake more or less all their reads, nothing to it. Town are the ones who actually have to have convictions and back them up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

C’mon let’s do this guy today!

Yep, that just turned my joke vote real

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

This is a very yikeseroo post for me, but what is more interesting to me was how quickly people were like "Lets cuddle this person!" it seems very opportunistic IMHO. To be clear I'm not defending Spoonsy's post in the slightest, I just feel like the quick change, especially in peoples votes are a little O_o.

So what you're saying is Spoonsy is town and you're scum trying to look good here for when he flips?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote Sal ayup

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have something you would like to share with the rest of us?

Yes, it is my vote. Here you are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

So what you're saying is Spoonsy is town and you're scum trying to look good here for when he flips?

You felt iffy yesterday and then this distancing post felt super off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

For context here is the post Opop is talking about.

Where in that post did I say I thought Spoonsy was town? I was pointing out how quickly people just jumped on Spoonsy.

Yes that’s why it’s hedgy and bad

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

That's kind of an unhelpful response to say the least. If you're going to vote for someone, it doesn't do much good if you don't even bother explaining why.

Good thing I followed it up with further explanation then, an hour before you made this post!

Toalpaz posted:

RF is consistently unhelpful and super scummy in every single game I've ever played with him. I will vote him until he flips scum

I am very helpful but I will grant you I come off as scummy often. I do have a pretty good track record at catching scum though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do kind of love the idea of JC and Sal both being scum pulling a gambit, but I'm not sold on JC being scum at this time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

He’s bringing much different energy to the game day 2 than he did day 1. I can’t explain it any better than that, but something feels off.

Do you think he switched alignments last night or something? Otherwise I'm not sure what that means.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

No I’m saying he’s changed his play style since he got heat for it day 1

Oh, ok that's not a bad point then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure that town is just passively sitting by and letting scum run the game. So like maybe if town people want to step up after I flip town that would be pretty cool. Again this is why I'm pretty happy with my vote as is.

So you feel like scum are the ones putting in effort, yet your case on Hum is that he isn't putting in any work?

SalTheBard posted:

Hum said "I want to vote Sal" then when that didn't gain any traction he just swapped his vote to Spoonsy with little justification. I think if Hum had put in even the most basic work he probably could've gotten me cuddled yesterday, but instead he went with the easy vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Scumalong, SiV, Hal and Sand / Tpink would be where I would start . However this will just get hand waved away as OMGUS so it's whatever at this point.

Hey, there's an idea

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

im calling for and enacting thunderdome between myself and sandwolf.

do not vote for anybody else.

no

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cheese sandwich posted:

Hey, there's an idea

where are you going to start mr opop? My impression of you coming into the day was probably more favourable but the only position you've really taken is vs sal otherwise looking you over it feels like more sidelining than not
[/quote]

I'm doing more work than like 2/3 of the people here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm kind of coming around on JC as scum. Given how this has played out I can sort of see Sal as frustrated town and JC capitalizing on it how he has. I'm not totally sold on it yet though and do still have a good gut read on Sal.

Cheese is also looking bad for that list, as other's have pointed out. If you're not reading the thread and have to make a read just to have one, saying that I'm lurking is usually a very safe case to make. Unfortunately for cheese I'm participating more than usual on this one.

I'm also on the "I don't see Sandwolf as scum at all" boat at this point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I called you out for being scummy at the end of D1, my vote was a very obvious follow up to that that you didn't mention at all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hum is barely disturbing any poo poo in this game. Mid tier disturbance at best

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cheese sandwich posted:

Now that I'm into this I'm feeling opop more if sandwolf isn't happening today ##vote opop

You’re case is all just made up stuff, pretty clear you decided to call me scum and then bent reality to fit that.

Sal/Cheese/JC scum team probably

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scientastic posted:

If Sal hadn’t gone completely overboard, I doubt anyone else would have even noticed Hum’s grave insult

There’s a definite line. Games have gotten weirdly aggressive and personal lately and that’s just not fun for anyone, but yeah “pissbaby” seems pretty far from that line.
OTOH I don’t think it’s offsides to be able to say “hey please don’t call me names” and have that be respected. It’s silly to not be able to play because someone called you a name, but it’s equally silly to think you can’t play without calling someone names.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JC doesn't look great right now but my mod brain is telling me there's no way that in a game with one 2-man masonry it's as simple as town/scum.

Cheese also looking bad.

I honestly kind of have town reads on everyone else. Neutral at worst.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

I assume the roles got assigned with RNG so I don’t know why it seems so unlikely that you end up with a town-scum masonry.

If I were making the game I'd figure out the alignment and role before RNGing anything. Granted I didn't make this game but I think it's unusual to treat them seperately.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

You were voting sal right? Did you really think sal was doing a gambit with JC and they were both scum or what?

I'd mentioned as a possibility but was never fully sold on it, no.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh? I didn't know Sal's alignment until he, you know, flipped. Until that happens anything I decide about numbers and alignments is just theory crafting.
I'm less inclined to think Cena is scum today based in setup spec but I'm not going to stake my whole claim on it or anything. If Sal had flipped scum I would have suspected Cena yes absolutely, but I'm not saying Cena is 100% confirmed town now or anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow look at all the fancy people with stuff to do on a Friday night :jerkbag:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

actually i change my mind, my vote isnt going to move and i still call and demand for thunderdome between myself and sandwolf

If you wanted to make any kind of case that would probably help things along.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Sci/SiV:

Let’s just say, for the sake of argument, it’s not Cena. Who would you go after beyond that?

Well it's thunderdome, so obviously you :downs:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow, you all have stuff to do on Saturdays, too? Bougie fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"ok I'm keeping my thunderdome with Sandwolf despite never once explaining why I think he's scum, but I'm willing to move to hum without stating why he's scum just as long as Sandwolf makes a case in anyone else.

Anyway here's a giant case in SiV who I'm apparently not willing to vote for"

:psyduck: what?