Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

are these 3 still the regulars

Not anymore lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wouldn't mind watching Jeff losing his mind as he shouts results alone in an empty, silent studio

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1298942122356285440?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Newcastle could really do with an Arab magic wand right about now

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sassassin posted:

Brewster knows where the back of the net is but he's limited otherwise. Will score a lot of goals in any side that can afford a passenger up top (not for lack of effort he's just slow and weak and selfish).

I thought he contributed a lot to the promotion push.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

How much money do you want to bet they all got infected at the same orgy? Why are Premiership footballers apparently incapable of loving without a spotter?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/adriandelmonte/status/1298955713650266113

Well that's not optimal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Recall Woodman pls

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

I thought he contributed a lot to the promotion push.

He did. Lot of goals, some great strikes, some bobbling in off his thigh. But we were a bad team right up until the covid break and fluked our way into the playoffs by getting results against awful teams, teams with nothing to play for, and Forest's astonishing collapse. We were limping towards a mid-table/bottom half finish even with Brewster until play stopped and injuries forced a change in system to wingbacks.

Klopp isn't being harsh when he says Brewster has a lot to work on other than his scoring goals, it's evident even at Championship level let along for defending champions*. If he'd gone to Leeds he'd have been on the bench behind Bamford, regardless of his finishing ability. Most managers are looking for someone to lead the line as much/more than score tap-ins and the odd worldie. Andre Ayew was the guy dragging us up the pitch in his teeth.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wonder if Joelinton’s absence is because he beat up cops in Mykonos

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
cant believe ndombele's first name haha

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently the Community Shield is tomorrow, who knew?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

I knew, op

I just didn’t care

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Shrapnig posted:

True, only fans of teams who won a trophy last season care about the community shield

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Strawman posted:

True, only fans of teams who won a trophy last season care about the community shield

No one cares about the Community Shield

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Strawman posted:

I hope arsenal lose 8-2 if it means they'll finally announce auba and gabriel signing

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

sourdough posted:

I hope arsenal lose 8-2 if it means they'll finally announce auba and gabriel signing

Probably ready to announce the dump truck of money for Auba after Arteta went out and defended firing staff.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

But Stan Kroenke is one of the good guys I’m told

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

The team that wins is the only team that cares about the Community Shield

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I especially don't care about it this year because even if Arsenal somehow win, Liverpool will still have the better season

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

But Stan Kroenke is one of the good guys I’m told

lol that the Saudis didn't even have to spend any money to buy your loyalty

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Strawman posted:

Who?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Strawman posted:

ah, finally living up to the username

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jason Sextro posted:

ah, finally living up to the username

He's always done that

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
MIGHTY MINAMINO

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Woo, good for him

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice finish that

e: I think we’re posting in the wrong thread (again)

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 29, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Amazon's "All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur" released stealthily a few days ago. No idea how insane Mourinho gets but in case anyone else was waiting for it...

https://www.primevideo.com/region/eu/detail/0TZZ7TEHTSS2FK80BV6PL4CPAZ/

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Der Shovel posted:

Amazon's "All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur" released stealthily a few days ago. No idea how insane Mourinho gets but in case anyone else was waiting for it...

https://www.primevideo.com/region/eu/detail/0TZZ7TEHTSS2FK80BV6PL4CPAZ/

Spoiler: it's nothing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Spoiler: it's nothing

That's what I was afraid of after I heard Spurs had the final approval on all content.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Now that Arsenal has won the Community Shield there must be enough goodwill with fans that its time to give Auba a huge new contract

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Now that Arsenal has won the Community Shield there must be enough goodwill with fans that its time to give Auba a huge new contract

By all accounts he already has it and they’re just waiting to announce it.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
They gotta lay off 25 more people first.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Weedle posted:

i think der shovel may have been referencing footnote 72 of that book

but it seems less like "utd's club culture is famously anti-racist" and more like "they're cool with asians i guess"

Glory hunting scum exist equally the country / world over.

Why are these millionaires going to Mykonos?
Surely with a decent budget it's easy to go somewhere exclusive & nice where you won't catch diseases / get in drunken fights.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

wooger posted:

Why are these millionaires going to Mykonos?
Surely with a decent budget it's easy to go somewhere exclusive & nice where you won't catch diseases / get in drunken fights.

Because they're largely 18-23 and have spent the last decade almost solely focused on sport, and not-too-worldly European young people really like going to Mykonos in general?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

JohnCompany posted:

Because they're largely 18-23 and have spent the last decade almost solely focused on sport, and not-too-worldly European young people really like going to Mykonos in general?

Because it's cheap...like the Budgie.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i am also confused why these young rich lads don't want to spend their money at exclusive upmarket restaurants and go to black tie soirees

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

kcer posted:

i am also confused why these young rich lads don't want to spend their money at exclusive upmarket restaurants and go to black tie soirees

You can get drunk in the sun surrounded by young women in lots of places, but I'd have thought that not being mobbed by fans or being targeted 'cos you're rich would be appealing.

Other rich and famous people don't go hangout with regular non-rich people on holiday do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I’m sure Maguire is very wealthy but if it wasn’t for his huge loving head nobody outside if England would be able to pick him out of a lineup. You guys are vastly overestimating how recognizeable some of these footballers are to someone on the other side of the continent.