Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Fellis posted:

anticipating a site crash siesta as soon as the first pitch of the taco's first game happens

e: or the tacos just setting the speed record for party time as they go 0-99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pitching Machine just sort of appeared out of nowhere when the game started

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If pitching machine is throwing every game, that has to be the highest payout Idol in the game by like, a factor of 5 right?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

well he needs to generate a reasonable number of strikeouts but yeah seems like a good target

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just checked, you can't actually idolize Pitching Machine. Oh well.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

People in the discord said you can. You can't right now because games are active but presumably after today's end in 20 minutes or so, you can.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Huxley posted:

If pitching machine is throwing every game, that has to be the highest payout Idol in the game by like, a factor of 5 right?

Yup. York might be a close second because their payout is doubled, especially if the machine gets blooddrained or hit with an allergic peanut.

Huxley posted:

I just checked, you can't actually idolize Pitching Machine. Oh well.

Can't idolize anyone right now, games are in progress.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Very lively discussion in tacos discord right now as to the nature of Pitching Machine. A person with that name, a literal pitching machine, a robot, a transformer?? Investigations ongoing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Semi-Protato posted:

Can't idolize anyone right now, games are in progress.

I could have sworn Pitching Machine didn't have a greyed out Idolize button when I checked, but now it does so there we go.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

York didn't pay out double for that first game.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Pitching Machine vanishes as soon as a Tacos pitcher is unshelled. :(

9 Strikeouts its first game on the hill, and according to FK it has excellent strikeout stats. IDOL BABY

InnercityGriot fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 21, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TACOTRON (as PM has come to be known among Tacos fans) is rising up the idol list fast, already at 6

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The new Decrees:

WILD CARDS
Every Season, a random team from each Subleague will leave Party Time to become the 5th Playoff team. A best of 3 Wild Card series will happen on Fridays.

RELIEF
Next Season, the bottom four teams will have Relief. When one of their pitchers gives up 5 runs, they'll immediately be replaced by a pitcher from their Shadows.

DOUBLE JUMPS
Whenever a team defeats the team currently leading their Division, they'll earn an extra win. Permanent effect.

I don't know if Relief means the pitcher is gone for just the game or permanently.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1308084563126579206

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
A literal pitching machine that is better than most tacos pitchers is an extremely funny mental image

the commissioner is doing a great job

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Wild Cards is personally my pick. Double Jumps seems a little too random and chaotic for my taste, and I like the locked in pitcher rotation too much to like Relief.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OMG WE FINALLY HAVE SCORECARDS :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

e: OR I'M JUST NOW LEARNING OF THEM BUT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So during the first game of the season, the betting odds on the second day's games are all bugged out and display 0%. If you bet the max 1000, you get 8995 for a win

Hell of a way to kickstart the season

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 21, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's a small thing, but I love how every player starts the season with good vibes, presumably from all the partying on the weekend. :toot:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Man with Pitching Machine out there, we might break the record to reach Party Time, it doesn't seem very good at not giving up hits.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Tibalt posted:

Wild Cards is personally my pick. Double Jumps seems a little too random and chaotic for my taste, and I like the locked in pitcher rotation too much to like Relief.

Agreed, seems the most Fun.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

The Wild Wings are taking the Moist Talkers to the cleaners, its top of the 7th and 17-0 :eyepop:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Harry Lime posted:

The Wild Wings are taking the Moist Talkers to the cleaners, its top of the 7th and 17-0 :eyepop:

Ortiz Morse is fuckin garbage and I can not wait to lose the blessing that lets us yeet him into the shadows

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Jaylen Hotdogfingers just hit someone with a pitch, and they're now "Flickering".

Maybe a slightly less dangerous version of Unstable?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

Man with Pitching Machine out there, we might break the record to reach Party Time, it doesn't seem very good at not giving up hits.
yet still pretty good at strikeouts, the perfect combo

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Pinwiz11 posted:

I don't know if Relief means the pitcher is gone for just the game or permanently.

Permanent, but people in the shadows don't vanish, they are still in the shadows, so it'd probably be a revolving door as people get shuffled out, in, out, in.

It's a neat idea but it isn't nearly as good as Wild Card IMO, especially since Relief is for a single season and only the bottom 4 teams.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Tacos are playing in Bird weather :ohdear:

e: only Wyatt Pothos getting freed might turn the Tacos into a playoff contender overnight

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 21, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

WhiteHowler posted:

Jaylen Hotdogfingers just hit someone with a pitch, and they're now "Flickering".

Maybe a slightly less dangerous version of Unstable?

people are guessing that it ups the chances of Feedback, rather than incineration, since on the Bulletin page it says "The Microphone appears to have offered Jaylen Hotdogfingers a deal! What could our reality-shaping Microphone Mason have in mind!"

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I'm kind of disappointed that the tacos are pushing back on the framing of things as a strike, especially because it's caused the release of graphics that really look like stuff Amazon would put out to explain how there's Definitely Not A Labor Dispute or the like. It's their team, they're allowed, but it kinda grosses me out?

IDK, it's not the end of the world, just a bit disappointing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh man an actual Pitching Machine has now appeared in blaseball, anybody else remember gyroball's Baseball Mogul LP threads?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Nea posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that the tacos are pushing back on the framing of things as a strike, especially because it's caused the release of graphics that really look like stuff Amazon would put out to explain how there's Definitely Not A Labor Dispute or the like. It's their team, they're allowed, but it kinda grosses me out?

IDK, it's not the end of the world, just a bit disappointing.

prob because a bunch of fuckin weirdos are calling their perfectly reasonable pitching robot a scab and that was not their intent

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OMG

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1308247782868676608

Pitching Machine is now a 3.5 Star pitcher. MOAR CHAOS

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The Tacos now have, on average, the best pitching staff in the league.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

:sickos:

nothing can stop The Machine (except the upcoming bird weather)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

The Tacos now have, on average, the best pitching staff in the league.
sounds like a snackrifice success story

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

tinstaach posted:

nothing can stop The Machine (except the upcoming bird weather)

Does the player in question have to be on defense in order for the birds to clear the shell? I remember something about Jessica Telephone being carried out to her position by her teammates, even though her spot in the lineup was skipped. So she "technically" "played" in the game.

If pitchers aren't considered "playing" on their off days, I wonder what happens.

edit: I just realized how absolutely impossible this post would be to parse without a lengthy explanation.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

Does the player in question have to be on defense in order for the birds to clear the shell? I remember something about Jessica Telephone being carried out to her position by her teammates, even though her spot in the lineup was skipped. So she "technically" "played" in the game.

If pitchers aren't considered "playing" on their off days, I wonder what happens.

edit: I just realized how absolutely impossible this post would be to parse without a lengthy explanation.

The shelled batters (JT, Nagomi) still played defence, but pitchers don't.

Unstable chained to inactive pitchers when an incineration Debt was claimed last season, so they might still be available to be pecked. :iiam:

Also the teams with 1 shelled pitchers have a weird (bugged) rotation where one of their 4 remaining pitchers pitches twice. So right now the Moist Talkers rotation goes Good, Good, Morse, Mooney, Lott or something like that. So things might get real weird for the Tacos when they get 2 pitchers broken out of their nuts.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 22, 2020

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
JT was freed while the Pies were batting but not at her usual spot in the lineup; I'd assume that the birds could free anyone on the roster.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Max Peck posted:

JT was freed while the Pies were batting but not at her usual spot in the lineup; I'd assume that the birds could free anyone on the roster.

I was wondering how that went down as I wasn't online at the time. If there's anything I really genuinely dislike about this game (server stability being less of an issue for me in these early days of the season), it's that I just don't have the Extremely Online energy anymore, especially due to the entire world being on fire.

Blaseball is a young person's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
I'm not online enough for that either! Thankfully the data witches over at SIBR keep a bunch of old game logs; that game was https://reblase.sibr.dev/game/109c0e4e-3504-47b2-99db-1279b320074a . Timestamped 25:39.