Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Entropic posted:

Wait why is there a second completely different Baltimore Crabs team in the Hall of Flame?

The original crabs got incinerated And replaced with the current crabs

A keen eye will note that the original crabs were blue and the new crabs are red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Part of me thinks they planned to have Turntables revoked by the Supermassive Black Hole but none the less, it's very funny that it happened.

Judging by the way the teams are moving, we may be headed to a 3-division league.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ilianaquorum/status/1420200067567296514

More nonsense happening.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Alucard posted:

All teams eventually become the Baltimore Crabs, it's just evolution.

Carcinization!

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed by the paucity of team incinerations. We had all this buildup about how Parker was so dangerous when allowed to Roam but so far even though there's been a fair amount of Instability there's only been one incineration. (The Mints were a fluke of the sim and don't count.) The Fridays got incinerated immediately after they became unstable, but then every other team has both gotten very few eclipses and never actually incinerated when they do get them. Where's the blood? I was promised blood! I demand blood!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Except the Underbracket is gone too.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Antitonic posted:

Except the Underbracket is gone too.

Just in time for the Firefighters to not qualify for it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

blastron posted:

Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed by the paucity of team incinerations. We had all this buildup about how Parker was so dangerous when allowed to Roam but so far even though there's been a fair amount of Instability there's only been one incineration. (The Mints were a fluke of the sim and don't count.) The Fridays got incinerated immediately after they became unstable, but then every other team has both gotten very few eclipses and never actually incinerated when they do get them. Where's the blood? I was promised blood! I demand blood!

Same.

My hope is that since things changed after the Earlsiesta the threat of incinerations start to accelerate again after the Latesiesta.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Could the Black Hole nullify itself?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Entropic posted:

Could the Black Hole nullify itself?

Only within the event horizon.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Speaking of the firefighters, why did they suddenly pivot into the desert? They were almost to the Hall.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Arrows were added to the map so you can go through it day by day and see how teams have moved

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You can also click on on the Black Hole on the map to see which league rules have been nullified.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I was hoping both voice machine and fax machine would stay. The little boosts were nice.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Wondering if games that have teams that went Horizon still get access to things the Black Hole ate. Fax Machine and Sun 30 keep firing off occasionally

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

CellBlock posted:

Speaking of the firefighters, why did they suddenly pivot into the desert? They were almost to the Hall.

They trust the Reader over Binky/The Monitor.

Personally, I'd prefer the Hall but as long as we're still in Glood I'm fine. I may be switching teams after this era anyway.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Pinwiz11 posted:

They trust the Reader over Binky/The Monitor.

Personally, I'd prefer the Hall but as long as we're still in Glood I'm fine. I may be switching teams after this era anyway.

Yeah, I kind of like the reader, too, but the Monitor is a bro and has snacks.

(Also, the whole Firefighters/Hall of Flame thing, but whatever.)

I’m cool as long as they get to an end zone, I guess.

Edit: and now the Sunbeams have been… not redacted, but scattered, I guess. Their names are gone.

CellBlock fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 28, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

FF should hit the desert in the next hour or so, decisions will be made then as to how to "charge the mound"...

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Our strategy channel basically said, 'turn around and step on the gas'.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
LMAO the black hole removed "all you can eat" which apparently means you no longer get bonuses for low snack slots but also you apparently can no longer purchase additional snack slots.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Entropic posted:

LMAO the black hole removed "all you can eat" which apparently means you no longer get bonuses for low snack slots but also you apparently can no longer purchase additional snack slots.

UHHHHHH

lmao the gently caress am i going to do with this 1.6 mil coins if i can't buy votes? I wonder if it gets fixed, or HOPEFULLY ETR gets munched

edit: also I think this is bad...

Carteret fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 29, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Carteret posted:

UHHHHHH

lmao the gently caress am i going to do with this 1.6 mil coins if i can't buy votes? I wonder if it gets fixed, or HOPEFULLY ETR gets munched

I'm hoping that we will eventually be able to sell our remaining passive income items so that we have the space to buy votes. That or they make vote purchases separate from the snack pack.

e: According to FK/math the map will have rotated into a baseball diamond by Day 99.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: According to FK/math the map will have rotated into a baseball diamond by Day 99.

lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

There's a gimmick way to generate more slots if you desperately need them:

1. Get peanuts
  2. Use the peanut to "upshell" ONE entry from Uncle Plasma or Liquid Friend that relate to the investigation
    1. They'll appear highlighted in red if you have a peanut in your snack pack
    2. Check the Global Feed on the homepage and sort by HOT for most of them
  3. You'll get an extra slot with a Red Herring in it
  4. In the library, use the herring on a redacted entry. If you want to be extra helpful, https://www.enbyss.com/content/tools/blaseball-herring lists the entries closest to being unlocked (click book leaderboard)
  5. Buy a snack to fill the empty slot
  6. Return to 2 until you've achieved the number of slots you want at once.

Though there's been an official announcement about it on discord already, so don't panic too much:

quote:

Umpdate:

All You Can Eat is no longer a rule of Blaseball, as it has been Nullified.

All You Can Eat reads "Fans will be able to freely buy and sell Snack Slots at any time. The less Snack slots the Fan owns, the higher the payout for the Snacks in them."

As this is no longer the case, Fans are no longer able to freely buy and sell Snack Slots, at any time. The number of Snack Slots does not determine payout for Snacks in them.

This was an interaction we knew might happen and have planned for as part of the end of the Expansion Era. Much like in the transition from Discipline to Expansion, there will be many changes to the economy of the game, and as such we ask you consider these rule removals- like all others- within the context of an era that ends very, very soon. It's the end of the world, after all.

We hope you enjoy seeing what's to come as the Era and Season end!

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 29, 2021

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

*laughs in Eat the Rich*

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Saw this in the Sunbeams discord

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A Single Sphink posted:

Saw this in the Sunbeams discord

https://twitter.com/catstlats/status/1420703413021650945

:vince:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
:vince:

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1420722017888833536?s=20

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

tbh, absent all context being worried about how you're going to be able to vote in a universe that is simultaneously exploding and collapsing in on itself is very funny

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

----

https://twitter.com/ChiBlaseball/status/1420739949263994885

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Binky/The Monitor just quit.

The Hall is open.

https://twitter.com/BlaseballPro/status/1420789221976166410

e: Newly "dead" teams: Steaks, Garages, Tigers, Mills, and Moist Talkers.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm curious if we are supposed to all rush the mound again

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Carteret posted:

I'm curious if we are supposed to all rush the mound again

I think it's time for the Hall teams to rush? I expect most of the old teams are going to automatically be set to charge the mound since we can't influence their direction afaik

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

We can't Flute, but we can aid I guess? and yeah seeing as they all have the "Rogue" attribute i bet they are on autopilot.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Carteret posted:

We can't Flute, but we can aid I guess? and yeah seeing as they all have the "Rogue" attribute i bet they are on autopilot.

The teams with fans also have Rogue, and yeah the Moist Talkers plan is to rush the mound.

I expect we'll no longer be deceased when we leave the Hall, but we'll find out soon enough!

Parker said skateboard trick and the grind rail goes from first base to third base, So that's the trajectory we're gonna take.

https://mobile.twitter.com/blaseball/status/1420788506939506695

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I have no fuckin idea whats going on, Go Georgias

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Am I the only one who gave up on following the Blaseball storyline weeks ago, but still likes to look in here and go wow, this seems crazy?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

you aren't the only one. It's quite the spectacle tho, and I'm actually excited for the possible RESET to be able to understand wtf is going on again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah the actual games got impossible for me to enjoy a few seasons ago, but I still check the blasebot channel every couple hours at work for new cool poo poo. I'm excited to be able to enjoy watching again after this season