Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I was watching The Two Towers again for the, let's say second, time and got fixated on that one orc that ran the flaming torch into the bomb and blew up the walls. The guy is a hero. He runs at this fortified enemy position and is shot to hell with arrows but he just keeps going - knowing that he will die in the attempt. If it weren't for the last minute bullshit of Gandalf showing up that guy would have won the battle.

In any other movie that guy would have gotten a touching send off with his friends tearfully trying to talk him out of it. Saruman would have laid a fatherly hand on his shoulder and said "Thank you Grumbuk, for your sacrifice. It shall not be in vain."

Later in the movie Lurtz would have looked back and said "For Grumbuk" before his heroic final charge.

We should have gotten at least a 5 minute backstory for him.

For Grumbuk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vvJZaXZPZk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

I’m still disappointed that there was never a spinoff series from the 1970’s Sid & Marty Krofft show (Land of the Lost) where Chaka and Holly got married and give birth the origins of the Neanderthal race of early man.

Chaka never got his due. He was an instrumental character in the show (he was showing great signs of rapid evolution due to environmental influence) but was continually held back as a minor player who deserved more recognition and story development. Hell, even Enoch had more story development than Chaka.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the books take a tree of pulp to print I'm sure all the back story you want is in there.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
drat I thought I'd gotten the last thread ever for a minute and it was a really phoned in and milquetoast one. That would have been just so perfect.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the books take a tree of pulp to print I'm sure all the back story you want is in there.

That guy isn't in the books. There's nothing in the Appendixes or The Silmarillion or The Children of Hurin or any of the 13 Volumes of The History of Middle Earth. What do you think I just make these threads without doing my due diligence?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I know that guy. He used to feed orc orphans the skin off his knees when all they had to eat was the baby mud they were born in. This guy was for LGBTQ orc rights long before Saruman popularized it. He was active in four non-profits doing PR drives at no cost. He was loved by all his orc friends and comrades.

What the humans did was a war crime.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will kill them for this. I will never forgive them

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
that orc was also force sensitive

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Propeller Guy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

everyone in life, op.

everyone contains universes, and yet most will probably die having fulfilled the tinest fraction of their creative and social potential.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I was watching The Two Towers again for the, let's say second, time and got fixated on that one orc that ran the flaming torch into the bomb and blew up the walls. The guy is a hero. He runs at this fortified enemy position and is shot to hell with arrows but he just keeps going - knowing that he will die in the attempt. If it weren't for the last minute bullshit of Gandalf showing up that guy would have won the battle.

In any other movie that guy would have gotten a touching send off with his friends tearfully trying to talk him out of it. Saruman would have laid a fatherly hand on his shoulder and said "Thank you Grumbuk, for your sacrifice. It shall not be in vain."

Later in the movie Lurtz would have looked back and said "For Grumbuk" before his heroic final charge.

For Grumbuk.

How many times is it really though? Because I've watched it, probably 100, and I loving love the Berserker Olympic orc. Somewhere, there's a drunk orc crying of the loss of that madlad.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

you know he's just off his tits on something the wildmen of Dunland sold him.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Reggie from Men in Black, he seemed like a good father

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Jar-Jar Binks.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

take a guess which of these two is the main villain of a Star Trek episode, with his own backstory and carrying out an elaborate scheme, and which has a two minute appearance with as many speaking lines

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Disney+ has greenlit a series about the guy in Empire Strikes Back who is carrying an ice cream maker as he evacuates cloud city

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
All those legionnaires that Asterix and Obelix beat up (and most likely kill). There must be all kinds of stories there.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Basically the only worthwhile character from the new Star Wars trilogy was that ape that fixes Kylo Ren's mask in the third one and it should get its own trilogy.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I would give a lot of money for a prequel movie to True Romance that starred Dennis Hopper and Chris Walken

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

For Grumbuk.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/khaz-modan/grumbuk

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

lando

billy dee williams is so beautiful and snazzy i wish he could have hung out w han n chewie more

i always felt bad how mad they got at him for failing to single handedly beat darth vader when all the other characters had been failing at that for years alrady lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6s641yiOAo <3 <3

gently caress it ! add more nien numb too. he worked well with lando and i liked teh laughss they shared

Worf fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 30, 2020

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

the "I think he took your wallet" guy from back to the future 2

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Moon Monster posted:

Basically the only worthwhile character from the new Star Wars trilogy was that ape that fixes Kylo Ren's mask in the third one and it should get its own trilogy.

Captain Phasma (the shiny stormtrooper) had a cool look and was named after Phantasm, so naturally you'd expect her to do something cool. She doesn't at all.

This is a character who should have little shiny metal robotic spheres she launches from her armor. She should be at least a cool fight or a memorable moment or maybe just something where she takes off her helmet and she's got a cool scar or she's a skull head or something. But she's killed off in such an awkward way that they had to go online and say "No, she's dead for real." because it was so unclear in the movie.

Close second is the gremlin in Gremlins who's presumably making all the tiny costumes for the other Gremlins. What is this characters story? What is their origin? I need to know.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I think Shelob as a sexy lady with goals and complex plans is a good idea. Her mother is one of the most powerful entities in the backstory. She was a partner of the setting's biggest bad-guy, not some tamed monster. Even the lesser giant spiders from The Hobbit are clearly sentient and smart.

It really makes no sense for her to be content to sit in a cave and feed on goblins forever and ever. Taking on a different shape others would be willing to speak to isn't a new trick in this setting, either. If anything, that version/a similar version needs to come back as a main character of a better game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I think Shelob as a sexy lady with goals and complex plans is a good idea. Her mother is one of the most powerful entities in the backstory. She was a partner of the setting's biggest bad-guy, not some tamed monster. Even the lesser giant spiders from The Hobbit are clearly sentient and smart.

It really makes no sense for her to be content to sit in a cave and feed on goblins forever and ever. Taking on a different shape others would be willing to speak to isn't a new trick in this setting, either. If anything, that version/a similar version needs to come back as a main character of a better game.

nice legs

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Ben Affleck on Curb needed a bigger role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSGRCiccPbc

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

lol I forgot Shadow of War had a sexy Shelob

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I want to see what the butterfly from the last unicorn is doing behind the scenes and how much that many drugs cost him. It has to be a dark as hell urban magical realism story to be marketable but I bet we can do it.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Dark Vader

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought they should have made an extra two or three movies in the Hobbit about the bear guy. maybe four movies even.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Mrs. Sauron

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

that one dwarf. you know the one.

lmbo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0OHpTuroY

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
There's one background elf at the Council of Elrond that was so sexy the fanfiction community obsessed over him and wrote him into all their fuckfic

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Captain Phasma (the shiny stormtrooper) had a cool look and was named after Phantasm, so naturally you'd expect her to do something cool. She doesn't at all.

This is a character who should have little shiny metal robotic spheres she launches from her armor. She should be at least a cool fight or a memorable moment or maybe just something where she takes off her helmet and she's got a cool scar or she's a skull head or something. But she's killed off in such an awkward way that they had to go online and say "No, she's dead for real." because it was so unclear in the movie.

Captain Phasma sucks, Boba Fett sucks. Two absolute nothings of characters that became merchandising cash cows because their armor is very toyetic.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Reginald P. Linux - he deserved his own spin off TV show from that movie

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Moon Monster posted:

Captain Phasma sucks, Boba Fett sucks. Two absolute nothings of characters that became merchandising cash cows because their armor is very toyetic.

do you like star wars?

does wedge or admiral ackbar suck too or are you just mad that people like boba fett for definitely cool reasons lmao

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
boba is so cool because how fuckin cool he is is only barely hinted at

NO DISINTEGRATIONS!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Saint Drogo posted:

you know he's just off his tits on something the wildmen of Dunland sold him.

Never drink anything Ghân-buri-Ghân hands you. You'll be Púking your guts out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Stallone's character from Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Stakar Ogord, and his crew. They set up that they're going to do something in one of the end credits scene, but that was the last time they were seen or mentioned. Give me a Ravagers movie before Stallone and the rest are too old.