Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor

it's summer. it's too hot to sleep and the world is in a state of deep and rapid change. we must return to the old ways and find both entertainment and trajectory in the night sky.

useful tools to help better divine our fates from the stars are a camera, a tripod and things to smoke and drink and also a tablet pc to read while you wait for the shutter to close.

you can just point your phone camera up towards the sky and set it on a stable surface too.

basic long exposure stuff, somewhere on your camera there is a setting for doing exposures of arbitrary length. mine requires two presses on the shutter button, one to open and one to close. ignore the super high iso stuff, it's a trap. set it between 800 and 3200, I find 1600-3200 is good for 30 second exposures but I use 800 or 400 for minutes long exposures. I've also found that my macro lens works better than the zoom lens, but my macro lens works better for everything.

the red streak is the forestry service spy plane buzzing the town

warp 1

warp 2

high iso noise

tamed through masking/image layering to reveal the true message of the stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

The Voice of Labor posted:

the red streak is the forestry service spy plane buzzing the town

actually thats a skidmark from my b-hole, i apologize

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

will doing this let me summon byob-sothoth

The Voice of Labor

peer deep enough into the night sky and you may see that the yobshoggoth is already there and has in fact been there the whole time and has been there since before there was time, chillin'.

Number_6

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
My Canon S110 only allows a maximum exposure time of 15 seconds. The digital camera I had before that did not allow any manual control of shutter speed. Why does it seem like the makers of mainstream sub-$250 digital cameras just hate the idea of giving users manual control over shutter speed? Is it a conspiracy to sell expensive "bridge" cameras and DSLRs? And no, I don't use my phone for important pics because the camera on it is horrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar

Don't shoot him?

The Voice of Labor posted:

peer deep enough into the night sky and you may see that the yobshoggoth is already there and has in fact been there the whole time and has been there since before there was time, chillin'.

i hope they're feeling pretty okay right now