Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Red posted:

Bring back the USA express with He-Man reruns

In a minute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Gavok posted:

In a minute!

Now quote those 1-900 numbers for Santa Claus and Superman they used to advertise

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just remembered all of the people fired from their deals, but lars sullivan is still getting a paycheck lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

the twins no longer pragent in the same time waouh

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

lmao your work week is definitely not 40 hours

Oh, it is definitely not. Bischoff even said people were upset with him for not being available 24/7
or not taking calls outside of a like 9-5 schedule when he was around most recently. And sure, it's Bischoff saying that, but like, that'd be a dumb thing to lie about and it's something completely believable anyway.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

dsriggs posted:

Somebody on Reddit posted a temp writing contract that the WWE offered him (which he had FRAMED, because these loving people... :jerkbag:)

40-hour work weeks writing the shows and THIS is the best they can do?

This reminds me of a time when I was much younger and applied to be a WWF writer. I thought I had some skills and would be useful. I had trained as a wrestler, had experience in tv, and was a writer. They actually responded and asked me for some storyline write-ups. I sent them and then got a form letter from Stephanie (no way it actually came from her, obviously) saying they weren't interested. I did NOT frame the letter. It might be somewhere or maybe I threw it away. But I was heartbroken at the time but now I think I dodged a serious bullet.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JOHN CENA posted:

they fired patrice o'neal because he took a tuesday off to take a standup gig. then when he took the news well they tried to fire him two more times after that. you're expected to live breath and sleep wwe as a writer for them.

It's funny that Freddie Prinze Jr. stayed on for so long. IIRC it was because he was tall and a bully. I mean, I know his acting career wasn't working, but I wouldn't leave Sarah Michelle Geller 5 days a week to be a lovely writer on a lovely tv show.

I think there are a ton of people, myself included, who would live breath and sleep WWE if your contribution as a writer mattered. But it doesn't. So why put yourself through that?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

It's funny that Freddie Prinze Jr. stayed on for so long. IIRC it was because he was tall and a bully. I mean, I know his acting career wasn't working, but I wouldn't leave Sarah Michelle Geller 5 days a week to be a lovely writer on a lovely tv show.

I think there are a ton of people, myself included, who would live breath and sleep WWE if your contribution as a writer mattered. But it doesn't. So why put yourself through that?

Wasn't he just a consultant for most of his time with the company?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

Wasn't he just a consultant for most of his time with the company?

I think he was a legit writer, but I could be wrong.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I always assumed his role on staff was "famous guy we trot out there as needed"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Prinze was pretty involved.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Prinze was pretty involved.

On his appearance on the New Day podcast, they talk about how he would give promo/acting classes/workshops.

But that could be an example of either he was very involved, as wel as an example of famous guy they trot out to impress nebies.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1289994262512152576

any one else and i think they would be trolling, not seth though, he's too earnest he actually believes it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that there isn’t long-term storytelling, it’s just that the stories suck.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yes, but they suck for a long time, you see.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Didn’t Freddie Prinz appear onscreen once or twice... he was a doctor in the HHH/Steph dream sequence iirc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember one time they used him as a free guest host

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"This story fuckin sucks"

"Ah but you see it's also really long!"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"This story fuckin sucks"

"Ah but you see it's also really long!"

the corollary to the "Terrible food and such small portions" joke.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Drake Maverick spoke to TalkSPORT about his firing becoming a storyline

Drake Maverick posted:

The most nervous I was out of all of the matches was the Jake Atlas match because it was the first one. I was going into work thinking ‘am I gonna get treated differently?, am I gonna have to talk to Hunter and have these weird talks where we sit down and it’s like a counseling session?’"

It made me sad some days. I had some bad mental health days because I was…. you look on your Twitter feed – people get this all the time. I get some very untoward things, like that I used some of my friends that I care very deeply about and that I didn’t think of them or care about them.

Again – no one else was in the same situation – and every one of those people that I was accused of using were patting me on the back saying ‘Go get it, man. You’re doing exactly what we would do if we were put in that situation.’ These are trying times, man. It sucks. You’ve got to take care of your family and go balls to the wall with it. It was hard on the brain because I’d never do anything like that, and be so malicious. There are some people out there who would, and that’s where it hurt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Drake Maverick spoke to TalkSPORT about his firing becoming a storyline

WWE are scummmmmmm

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/soshnick/status/1290278603255554048

if only this happened in 2001

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

XFL now competing under Titan Games rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gran Metallik got his IC Title shot cause Pritchard heard Meltzer call him the best luchador in the world and he wanted to please the online smarks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rarity posted:

Gran Metallik got his IC Title shot cause Pritchard heard Meltzer call him the best luchador in the world and he wanted to please the online smarks
And here I was thinking it was because Daniel Bryan had become a writer and wanted to sincerely showcase some of the best wrestlers in the world.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m curious what the rocks new role will be. I’d like to know his

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

Now quote those 1-900 numbers for Santa Claus and Superman they used to advertise

Just a few things, what with USA flash backs.

Here's a bizarre EVOLUTION OF AH-NOLD ad they ran yearly for a while: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFf5DyLIvI

An ad for Raw using the ... dictionary?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWQzmamfHb8

Rhonda Shear spends a long time interviewing people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4EoUkvxFEs

WWF ALL AMERICAN WRESSSTLINGGGG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9j6AJTB6wo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Imagine being so rich you can just go ”hmm I think I’m gonna buy a football team... actually gently caress that, I’m gonna buy an entire football league lmao”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Buy my dead sports franchise I'll owe you one pal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

extradite THIS! posted:

Imagine being so rich you can just go ”hmm I think I’m gonna buy a football team... actually gently caress that, I’m gonna buy an entire football league lmao”

Jeff Bezos could buy the XFL 12067 times

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

extradite THIS! posted:

Buying the entire XFL is a lot cheaper than buying an NFL team.

I don't know how the MAGA crowd Vince pitched the XFL to are going to react to a minority buying out their safe place and doing away with all that ridiculous "No kneeling during the anthem" rules is going to go but I'm excited.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know how the MAGA crowd Vince pitched the XFL to are going to react to a minority buying out their safe place and doing away with all that ridiculous "No kneeling during the anthem" rules is going to go but I'm excited.

You could run the XFL for like 10 years with the kind of losses Vince was expecting and not equal the amount of money you'd spend to buy one NFL team.

Of course owning the NFL team would be profitable...

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Ballers Season 6 confirmed.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

extradite THIS! posted:

$15 million wouldn't get you a top-50 NFL player, let alone a team

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is clearly just part of The Rock's plan to own the WWE and defeat HHH once and for all

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Given his mainstream movies/appeal and previous support of Republican candidates, I would think chuds put Rocky into the 'one of the good ones' dogwhistle category.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd love a Rock political career it'd be great watching everyone read the obviously ghostwritten autobiography about how he choked and beat his girlfriend told in a joking way and how he grabbed her tongue because she disrespected his dad and poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Red posted:

Given his mainstream movies/appeal and previous support of Republican candidates, I would think chuds put Rocky into the 'one of the good ones' dogwhistle category.

They absolutely do, and he has that whole made myself a success (please don't look at my famous dad who got me opportunities no normal person would've ever gotten) narrative they love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

MassRafTer posted:

You could run the XFL for like 10 years with the kind of losses Vince was expecting and not equal the amount of money you'd spend to buy one NFL team.

Of course owning the NFL team would be profitable...

Well, probably not profitable this year.