Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dsriggs posted:

Somebody on Reddit posted a temp writing contract that the WWE offered him (which he had FRAMED, because these loving people... :jerkbag:)

40-hour work weeks writing the shows and THIS is the best they can do?

If this is what he’s giving away for free, I am all aboard whatever “meager pay, no benefits” motivates:
https://twitter.com/joeytainment/status/1289624641611239424?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This is foolish, but it’s kind of fun to wrack my brain to come up with the kayfabe explanation of why Raw Underground exists, why anyone would participate and the justification the company has to put it on TV. Like, did Shane just roll up to 8 camera operators and tell them to follow him?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I liked when the one lady forgot how to run.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wait, can one of the folks saying that antifa is supposed to represent AEW show their work? Because I don’t get that conclusion.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Raskolnikov38 posted:

was cole running away while going “that’s gotta be retribution” how they introduced the name of the group

I think they tweeted it out Monday night, with the framing that “WWE.con has learned...”, so I guess they must’ve done a press release.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Why would you cut around the part when he lands?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Is it really fair to compare broadcast and cable?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

WWE does it with Smackdown

K, then give’em hell then.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Was there some sort of long established relationship between Alexa and Braun before the swamp match?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Renee should just do a shot for shot remake of that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Triple H is doing a pre-Takeover press availability:

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1296141213934944256?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

Somewhat off topic, but Turner sees more value in men’s wrestling, for whatever reason. From what I understand, WWE will always have an edge here because they’ll give the women much more time on their television programming.

Source?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Renee is an actual employee.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

NBA is using way less fans on bigger panels and it looks much better. Moving the hard cam off the stage was also a mistake.

All the lights behind the screens are also terrible. Just let it be dark!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I haven't really watched any games but I've seen clips and watched portions and like... I know they're there but I also kind of don't. They're the opposite of distracting from what I've seen. And this is... something else.

Yeah; it works in the NBA because it’s not at all the focus, and they also use the boards for usual game ops poo poo, like putting up the name of the person who just scored. The execution is so much better, and even then it’s not that great.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

I usually watch via some illegal stream whenever there's a dumb gimmick i wanna take a peek at. This one would destroy the stream, so no watching live.

Maybe this is their plan to defeat TDE once and for all, make it so their computer explodes when trying to gif.

I don’t know much about streaming video, but how is streaming a video recording of multiple screens more bandwidth intense than video of a normal audience?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/andreashale/status/1297535814209961984?s=21

Man, this dumb gently caress doesn’t even let Big E get his argument out before he gets defensive for no reason.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

The good news is if you missed the PPV this week, there's another one next week!

Do they just have three people making schedules independently of each other?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

In all fairness, the original tweet was also dumb, but you don’t have to engage with it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

KungFu Grip posted:

Keith Lee lost his Raw debut by DQ when Drew attacked Orton and then Keith Lee vanished and commentary talked about Orton & Drew and a concussion angle with Drew

They probably extended him for 5 years before they let him on Raw, too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

So only the champion signed the PPV championship match contract enthusiastically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CarlCX posted:

Exactly the same with the sole difference being the ref instead took a melodramatic bump to the outside. Which didn't actually make sense because that meant he had to bump in the opposite direction of the ring breaking.

Lil Naitch put in work for that bump.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1300247598821933059?s=21