Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Breaking my exile just to say I loving haaate Jack Johnson

hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jack Johnson needs to catch covid and Matt Murray is still fine but Jarry should be starting because he's better

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh yay Jack Johnson just injured Bryan Rust

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Krime posted:

What bottom 6 forwards got swapped out for the pens between games 2 and 3?

Edit: gently caress JMFJ

Just Lafferty in for McCann

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hey
hey stop me if you've heard this one but

Jack Johnson just blew his coverage and the guy he was supposed to be covering scored

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1291188484217229312?s=20
fuuuck me 3 more years at $3,250,000

e: put in better gif

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schremp Howard posted:

I was a pretty big Olli apologist, but the fact that he got pushed out because of the Johnson contract makes me hate Johnson even more.

Maatta couldn't skate for poo poo but he could pass and shoot and knew how to stay back to let his partner pinch
Johnson is nothing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

P much. It continues to boggle the mind. But nbd mr -3 in this game and -2 in the first game just going to continue to cost the Penguins games and that Sully continues to play him though is infuriating.

You just have to wonder how every level of the organization is loving up enough to justify continuing to allow Jack Johnson to play 15-20 minutes a night

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pretty lovely call though only taking one of them

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What a loving shot

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

That's a hell of a shot.

So, Jack Johnson aside, what the hell's happened to the Pens?

It's really like 80% Jack Johnson and a little bit that Murray never really came back to his peak form and a lot of the guys ended the season on IR so they're probably rusty as hell.

But really I can't even be mad about them dropping the ball because any team playing Jack Johnson 20 minutes a night deserves to lose over and over again

e:
Also the second best d-man on the team is a rookie so there's that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Pens look like they aged 20 years between periods.

they are sure as poo poo not the same team they were when they went back to back

if my decline from late 20s to early 30s is similarly drastic I may just lay down and die on the spot

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Malkin-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Letang

...is a terrifying top PP unit.

Guentzel and Malkin are swapped but yeah when they work they work well

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope Jack Johnson's parents steal all his money a second time he doesn't deserve to have any

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No knocks to Murray, but Jarry really should be the starter come next year. He just looks so much more composed in net. Murray used to play like that but then either people figured out his bad angles or something happened physically/mentally

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

myron cope posted:

jesus gently caress this power play

It's a bad sign when the second PP is the better looking one and still got no shots

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MoaM posted:

Yeah, I thought so.

I don't think Murray dealing with grief is that important for this series, but it's still worth mentioning.

Ah yeah, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a guy his grief. I think the slip in play really started before that though. Granted he would not be the first goalie to have a stellar first season or two only to slam back down to earth.
Come to think of I think he changed his goalie coach at some point in there too so who can really so.
The big thing is I'm afraid he might try to get the "elite goalie" rate contract and I don't think he's worth that much to this team right now. I'd like to see him stay and bounce back but not at much more than his cap hit now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brad Richardson is still playing?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Having a bunch of concussions and his dad dying probably doesn't help.

I honestly forgot about all the concussions
that'd probably do it, yeah

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

myron cope posted:

this team deserves nothing

I was literally going to write this exact same thing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

you say this now, but wait until they get Lafreniere

thank christ GMJR had enough sense left to lottery protect the first minnesota got

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They didn't even look like they were trying at the end

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He didn't. The Pens only keep the first pick because losing now isn't *technically* making the playoffs.

Does that mean their streak is over too?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh happy 33rd, Sid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lafreniere will make it a humiliation of riches rather than an embarrassment if he goes to Pittsburgh, but he ain't fixin' the blue line.

Funniest outcome is Pens lose the lottery and Jack Johnson is still on the team to start next season