Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I wish aliens would do to us what we have done to dogs.

Look up "All Tomorrows" by C. M. Kosemen for a great illustrated book about exactly this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

All dogs are precious even the ugly one you’re about to quote-reply at me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Cats and dogs are the same animal.

My cat bugs me to play fetch, licks my face constantly, and chases his tail. This tracks.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think there's a perception that small dogs are assholes because the people who buy small dogs typically do so because it's "easier" than a big dog. And if "easy" is your main qualifier in choosing a pet, chances are you're not going to take care of it properly let alone train it. If you're not a dumbshit you can easily keep a nice friendly chihuahua that doesn't bark and doesn't piss and poo poo everywhere, but unfortunately a huge percentage of chihuahua owners are dumbshits.

For example my in laws had a terrier that was barely house trained and got violent over food. After a month of house sitting for them while they were overseas they were amazed when they got back to find that their dog didn't suck anymore, because I didn't just let it do whatever it wanted.

They didn't keep up any of the training though so the dog very quickly reverted to being a little poo poo lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

r u ready to WALK posted:

purebreeding is mostly fine, there are lots of really great breeds out there worth protecting and not everything needs to be a pitbull mix

just try to have some ethical standards and mix in some outside blood from a similar breed from time to time so you don't end up with the british royal family

"Why would I save a dog from being euthanized when I could give hundreds if not thousands of dollars to a crazy person whose life revolves around making dogs gently caress?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mooey Cow posted:

Who are all the hosed up people that insist on mixing pitbulls with everything? Those people are way more hosed than pure-breeders, who are at least supposed to breed out genetic deficiencies these days.

But most hosed up of all are the people who cut off they dog's own tail. You know how dogs are supposed to have a long waggly thing that knocks over everything? Well apparently Americans just cut it off. I was watching some "happy dog videos" and like surely half of them just had a hosed up stump where a glorious tail should have been. WTF man! Dogs need their tails to do dog stuff with.

Purebreeders do it without anesthesia too, because in order to see a living thing as a high value commodity you have to already be a piece of poo poo.