Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

Look up "All Tomorrows" by C. M. Kosemen for a great illustrated book about exactly this.

Cool, well this is a bit of a rabbit hole:

https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Category:All_Tomorrows_Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Chihuahuas fuckin suck and are bad dogs

While I feel chihuahuas are fairly well known as nippy little psychos; Dachshunds can also be aggressive little shits. They tend to attract the same sort of owner who thinks they are cute, and wants a "small dog" because they equate small with "easy to care for".

They don't realize these lil suckers are energetic, stubborn, scent hounds that were developed to drive badgers out of their burrows. Just the other day on the elevator I had one frothing to take a chunk out of my calf muscle while its bejeweled phone, canary yellow track suit wearing, giant sunglasses, knock off fendi bag carrying owner feebly attempted to control it while on a phone call. I was essentially pinned to the corner of the lift and she just made the white person smile face at me:

and mouthed "sorry" while I contemplated what my future would be like if I ended up on twitter as "guy who kicks cute wiener dog on elevator".

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

gary oldmans diary posted:

not a fan of people forcing their dogs to learn elaborate tricks for nothing but the owners entertainment

Most dogs enjoy the training process because the most effective way to train is through positive reinforcement. Its one of the best ways for an owner to bond with their dog.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My pitbull is literally the sweetest most, most caring, most non-violent, most beautiful creature to ever live and I love my pitty they are great pets to have around kids. I even put my beautiful blue-nosed pit, "Alpha Terminator" into the bassinet with my infant who was born premature and slather bbq sauce all over her beautiful little head for him to lick it off and its the sweetest thing and if anyone says anything negative about pit bulls in this thread I will take screenshots and post it in my local pitty moms group and if we see you outside we will yell at you

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ArbitraryC posted:

Something I never really understood is when it comes to breed personalities and behaviors people are very willing to talk about how x/y breeds are smart or get bored easily or do well in apartments vs don’t do well in apartments, couch potatoes, high energy, nervous, calm, pretty much any vector of physical or mental behavior you can name but when you suggest some breeds are more prone to aggression or bred specifically to hurt things more when they randomly attack a toddler they think you’re dog racist or something and suddenly it’s 100% nurture and 0% nature.

Because peolple love their fighting murder dogs

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I like when I show up at a friend or clients house and their dog jumps on me and they just shake their head and sheepsihly and say something like "hope you like dogs"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was so paranoid about "cat smell" when I first got a cat that I would ask people straight up if they could smell cat when they visited my relatively small place. Nobody noticed it but we are hyper vigilant about cleaning. I vacuum daily, scoop litter twice daily, have litter near an area that can be aired out daily as well as closed off. I've got scenty candles, "clean air" plants, and brush my girl 2-3 times a week.

We don't have any "cat smell" as confirmed by trustworthy sources. On occasion she drops a big ol' poo poo and it smells like a raw fart though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

We can all smell it my goon, just being polite about it. You are the cat stink person, own it

Yeah nah i don't really hang out with "polite" people. Mostly suburban Australians. They are very kind, but not polite.