Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Hello friends! Thanks for letting me IK for a little bit. I thought it would be fun to incorporate some of the blender stuff i've been working on with an effort thread during my time. Anyway I hope this is fun thanks for reading!

I found this crazy board game that apparently emits fog.

It came with these strange coins and a deck of cards

The rule book says we can draw a card if we land on a blue space, and we have to stop at the green spaces? I'm not sure what happens at the green spaces. I don't know what we should use as our token I couldn't find one included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I called Nut to see if he could send us the game piece and I got this strange box? But the piece was inside so that's good. Nut was crying a little as he walked away so I hope he is okay.

I need to find some dice I guess one sec

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Dang we got pretty lucky with our first roll but we had to stop on the green square because those are the rules.

This little guy popped up?

"Hey welcome to my farm"

vanisher

nut posted:

I perform a delicate curtesy

“Bonjour and what a lovely farm it ‘tis”

"Thanks friend. Growing green cones has never been more fulfilling. It's just a shame we're missing our well or we could really rake in the cones. Hey if you see it could you bring it back that would really help me out."

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

is that big square area behind him a well?

alnilam posted:

what does it look like, friendly farmer?

"See that hole? There used to be a circle of stones with a bucket that I would use to get water from for my cones. One morning it was just gone, and this very neat hole remained. Now that its gone my cones are tiny and thirsty, crying daily for nourishment. It's rather large and heavy I'm afraid but if you can bring it back i'd be forever in your debt."

vanisher

It appears he wants us to keep an eye out for a large stone well but i'm not sure where one would be or even how we would carry something that heavy

vanisher

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Ask Mr. Skeltal if there's a reward for the well's return

E: I mean I know board games don't have npc's with dialogue options but this seems like a pretty immersive experience

"I've got some neat stuff in my barn most of its only useful for cone farming but you can take a look"

check it out google has a dice roller thing

https://www.google.com/search?q=dice+roller

Snake eye!

alnilam posted:

Also be sure to say "thank you Mr Skeltal" before going on our way

:tipshat:

vanisher

It appears since we landed on a blue square we can draw a card?

It's very dark from this far away. We prepare to roll again

vanisher

Alright we are getting close to that kiosk thing, looks like we can draw another card

vanisher

nice just what we needed

There's someone inside

e:special thanks to Manifisto for the design of this new character!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 4, 2020

vanisher

Chill la Chill posted:

Maybe you should knock on the tiny house and ask the inhabitants what’s the deal with the fog

we knock on the house and ask this question

:krakentoot:: Hey, you don't have to knock I see you. I'm not too sure but if I had to guess its probably some kind of lazy attempt to make corrections or modifications behind a curtain. Sorry but the gate's closed unless you have a pass.

vanisher

We use our Cheer Up on the :krakentoot:

https://i.imgur.com/WwpHCKP.mp4

:krakentoot:: wow I feel really cheered up! Um, listen I'd let you in but this thing doesn't even go up unless you have one of those cards. Hey if you're going out of here let me know, I don't need to guard this gate once its been opened up and we could hang out or journey wherever this road leads.

vanisher

We tell :krakentoot: that if we ever find the card that opens up that gate we will come and free him so we can journey together. The fog seems to be clearing a bit!

Oh boy we need to choose left or right

I'm sure this will be useful somehow

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

i kinda feel like nut threw out a red herring but is this a suitable well ring of stones?

:ohdear:

I feel like this knowledge will serve us well with the challenges that await us!

vanisher

Votes for toward the forest: 5
Votes for long windy road: 3

We approach the mountain path

Another one of these cards

vanisher

We roll again

hey welcome to the mountain, be careful up here this path is dangerous ahead

vanisher

Khanstant posted:

take the long black road

that black road seems to be part of the board game and not a path we can walk on

vanisher

alnilam posted:

ask the goat if it wants a nice pat on the head

: suree friend lets do it

The goat looks like he appreciated the effort even if we had difficulty actually patting him

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

what exactly is the danger?

: There's a ton of fog which makes it hard to see up here, also the path is very narrow and steep ahead.

we can keep talking to this goat? I don't think he needs anything from us. Or we can roll to keep moving into the Danger Zone

vanisher

: oh dang sorry friend you look pretty sad with that raincloud

vanisher

We play the Summon BYOB Poster card

Thunder Moose appears before us and offers us a Magic The Gathering card to choose

vanisher

Thunder Moose shows us the first card

: You want this one?

vanisher

They flip the second card, dippy appears

: I don't really think it turns everything into dippy like the card says

vanisher

: Choose wisely friend. I have a bonus card for you once you make your choice.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 4, 2020

vanisher

vanisher

: heh I guess it really did make all other cards dippy

Wait a second...

vanisher

The dippy rock glows softly on the ground in front of us. Our sad card has been made into dippy, all is well. Thunder Moose and the goat look on, wondering if any more assistance can be given before we roll.

vanisher

They sit down and deal out several dippy cards to begin a game of Magic the Gathering©

Evil Bob posted:

Tell us thunder moose and mountain goat - have you seen any nice looking stones or masonry about that could be used for building a well?

: not too sure I normally just hang out in the something awful forums

: some little guys a little further ahead were carrying some stones earlier, right around the time the fog started

vanisher

define_byte posted:

before we go into the forest, we must eat the dippy, we might get hungry and adventuring is no fun on an empty stomach

our small plastic body has no mouth

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

continue on down the road towards the fog

Something appears in the mist ahead, we prepare to roll again

vanisher

We roll a three and approach what we think is the well.

It appears there is a hose leading into the well which is attached to a small box. There's a shell nearby. We land on a red square and draw from the adventure deck.

Another dippy card.

The dippy glow is receding, it looks like its power to make all things dippy is going to fade after a couple turns.

vanisher

There doesn't appear to be anyone around. The black box looks like a fog machine.

vanisher

Prof. Crocodile posted:

not so sure about that shell... can we examine the shell from a safe distance?

we attempt to back away

: ...

vanisher

Stoner Sloth posted:

say 'hello!' to new friend!

: oh hi sorry didn't see you there the fog is pretty thick

vanisher

: pretty badass fog machine we've got, right? You should see the light shows we can have up here now.

vanisher

nut posted:

>stay for the lightshows

Evil Bob posted:

Yes definitely staying for the light show. Do we have anything to play music with?

We don't have a sound system but we can ask the crabs

: Who needs music when you can just click your claws together. Hey Steve get out here let's bring out the lights!

Twenty Four posted:

ramp up the fog!

: Steve dial that bad boy up to max

vanisher

: DUDE steve you didn't turn off your light its blinding me

Luvcow posted:

lol

just thinking here but the crabs seem to be using that well so maybe we can find something to trade them that will keep them happy and able to still do their cool fog and light shows

We explain that the cone farmer needs his well back

: look I need this well because its a perfect house for us and we draw water out of the hole underneath it to run our fog machine.

vanisher

The other crab, Steve, dialed the machine to full and hops off to turn off the light. The machine then seems to vibrate and there's a burning smell. It stops pumping out fog.

: Steve, you idiot! You broke the machine

vanisher

alnilam posted:

maybe they drew all the water out of the aquifer leading to ecological disaster

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

: what a disaster
: hey what's up where did the fog go, oh did your machine break

Luvcow posted:

ok so maybe if we collect another weed card we bring it to the crabs

can we investigate what the burning smell is without burning katharines plastic body?

We ask the goat to see if he can get one from Thunder Moose. The burning smell seems to be coming from the fog machine just ahead.

: Sure let me ask brb

: Look okay that solves our fog problem but what will we live in if you take the well