Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I didn’t play the beta or watch any videos. Does caps shield make a satisfying donk sound as it ricochets off enemy skulls y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

The sound design in the game is a little flat at times, I can't remember how Cap's shield sounds, which is probably not a great sign, it feels good to use, though, you can do all the funky tricks like flinging it, hitting multiple people and then kicking it back at them super hard when it returns to you.

With marvel heroes dead I guess that’ll have to do

Preordered

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Played some single player last night and thought I finished the mission after the intro, then decided to try out multiplayer. It didn't save any of my progress after knocking out taskmaster

cool

And now when I try to resume, Iron man is the one who knocks out taskmaster and he speaks with black widow's voice.

cool cool

Also can't skip the movie after the intro and it freezes to a black screen after it plays and never comes back so it's literally impossible to progress now

cool cool cool

Guess I bought a $60 2-minute body swap movie

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Pennfalath posted:

Is it "ready to play" or fully downloaded/installed?

Oh definitely. I downloaded and played for a while last night and got waaaay past that movie. The freezing and body swapping is the new fun thing this morning

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

playing multiplayer and i tried to climb up to a platform that had a glass railing and the glass shattered while climbing and now I'm just holding onto a non-existent glass railing and I can't get off lol.

Don't mind me rest of the team, just gonna float in space while you complete the mission without me. Have fun!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EQvgW_RDsY

This is literally the entire single player game to me right now. Guess I'll try deleting my save and losing all my multiplayer progress to maybe maybe make it work again.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

stev posted:

This isn't a bug, it's a feature.

I wouldn't be too concerned if it didn't black screen freeze right after that

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Wheeee posted:

game's top streamer, a sponsored stream with 50k viewers, just spent like 15 minutes trying to get the game to allow him to join a group, then pick a hero, then actually get into the game, with repeated failures at each stage

now the game's glitching constantly while he runs through the soupy lovely looking combat

this looks like a janky F2P title

It's a pretty fun little brawler when it actually works, which isn't often right now

Finally got past that bug by completely deleting my save and starting over, but now I need to do that god awful stealth section again.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I’m not having too much trouble getting multiplayer games. Most of them aren’t full but I get 1-2 extra people pretty easily.

It’s only really hard to find games when you are low power level since that limits the pool of missions you’re eligible for pretty heavily

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Is iron mans hulkbuster supposed to be usable by other players? I somehow got into the hulkbuster armor as hulk and it was pretty funny. The meter wasn’t depleting but it kicked me out of it when we got to an elevator ha ha

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I love games where you just destroy tons of randos and have some moderate progression mechanics and I gotta say this is scratching that itch well. Losing my first 3-4 hours of progress to a bug that required deleting my save was pretty disenheartening and if that happens again I’m probably just done, but for now I’m digging it.

I hope that they have (or add) a level above legendary items with some truly unique effects though. I can definitely picture getting to max level and being like ok who cares about grinding out slightly better legendaries right now

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I’ve just been playing hulk since my progress reset. He’s great cause he can do almost anything and his health management is fairly easy once you learn to manage all your resources.

Also I like that when he unlocks a terminal he just looks around for a few seconds and then gives it a little bonk

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Soonmot posted:

did they remove the quick join? I wanted to see if I could find a match before work, but I do not see the option on the ps4?

Sometimes matchmaking gets toggled off randomly in the options. Just go into the options menu and toggle it back on

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dr. Bonertron posted:

That's one of the main reasons i'm absolutely enamored with Hulk. Grabbing two stilletos and swinging them about with reckless abandon before smashing them into each other and causing a massive shockwave is top five current gaming experiences level

Hulk is good. There are pretty much no situations he can't deal with really well. I'm pretty much always beating the most dangerous guy to death with the 2 next most dangerous guys. Bunch of shields? Giant boulder swing that breaks them all at once. Everything I'm fighting is always knocked down, knocked into the air, or REALLY knocked into the air and flying a hundred yards away. I'm also getting massive life refills from all my skills and my rage meter and especially takedowns, and I'm laying down massive gamma radiation fields that are draining everything I've taunted.

The only thing that sucks is fighting supervillains and that's just cause it's long and boring. Punch punch punch maybe dodge if I feel like it punch punch punch regen sure why not punch punch punch oh he's dead

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm still in the middle of the campaign, how necessary is it to do these side missions? I'd like to focus on the campaign first if that's possible.

They usually just give you some gear or cosmetics or something. I think the enemies in campaign mostly scale to your level so you can do whatever you want really.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Zutaten posted:

Is there a way to respec my build, OR will I get enough points to unlock every skill? A yes to either of those is fine, a no to both is going to ruin me.

At max level you have enough points to max out every skill

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Seedge posted:

Isn't that part of the Reigning Supreme mission chain?

Yeah it’s in the inhuman sanctuary sub quest line in the main reigning supreme (post game) quest line. You get to it after doing a couple vaults and a few hives

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I used to get all of them on the map but now I don’t pick them up unless they’re on my way to the main objective.

Basically farm them if you’re trying to push up your Power in the early to mid-late game. I actually don’t want to raise my power level too far out of line with my character level when bringing up a character because then you end up in later game groups/missions without having your skills filled out.

They’re also a good source of comics and upgrade materials though so you definitely want to get SOME

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fadam posted:

Gotcha, thanks! So I should find a legendary at 130 with the perks I like then crank that?

Yeah pretty much. Some legendaries at that level drop with 3 stat bonuses so I stick with legendaries that have 3 useful stat bonuses then whatever other gear effects are secondary to me.

I’m currently sitting at 141 power with my hulk and solo elite hives, vaults, and villains without any real trouble. I rarely even use my rage trigger anymore unless I really fall asleep at the wheel

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fadam posted:

I’m at 130 on my Iron Man and I feel like a lot of poo poo still fucks me up lol.

It doesn’t hurt that I have over 23k health and over 300% recovery effectiveness. With some occasional dodging and using skills/takedowns to regen I’m basically unkillable. And things are rarely even able to hit me because I’m either holding them or they’re in midair after I punted them

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh man this reigning supreme quest line goes on forever. I thought I’d go back and knock it out but it just keeps going. The new ask is to complete all the iconic mission chains for every character dang

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Finally got to the end of the post game quest line and beat the 14 floor hive. 14 floors of hive really shines a spotlight on how few activities there are to do in hives right now. There's smash a couple stationary objects, stand in 3 spots, kill the enemies, and protect the scientists. It was moderately harder than the other missions but I only got downed once when I decided to stand in the middle of 4 assault adaptoids and got chained to death. The artifact you get for it also seems kinda bad, especially compared to the one you get for beating all the iconic missions which is great.

Now to never play a mission in single player ever again.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

On multiplayer if you just want to quickmatch and play with 1-2 other heroes it works totally fine. Granted the bar should be higher than that, but I’ve played continuous multiplayer for hours at a time with absolutely 0 issues and it’s fun

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fadam posted:

Leveled the Hulk twenty times just running to the first checkpoint and restarting over and over again on DotR while watching football lol

If anyone else wants to do this, and I don’t recommend it unless you’re doing something else, you only need to reload the checkpoint after hitting the objective. You don’t need to exit back to mission select or anything. Also set your difficulty to challenge 4 since it seems to go faster.

Honestly just play the game since it’s about the same level up speed and sucks less

E: it’s a 200m jog for approximately 1/4 of a level at about lvl20. So it’s at least somewhat efficient

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 13, 2020

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I've been playing as the Widow full auto stun build since I kinda maxed out Hulk and that's a whole different kind of broken fun. Just chaining takedowns and invis all day. And I totally outleveled my gear so I haven't even really started gearing to maximize it yet.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh man, once you get going with Widow and you can put a dude back in stun before he even gets up from the last takedown... That's the kind of stupid I signed up for.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I think pretty much every character is broken right now if you follow the basic 2 rule plan:
1) Get the specializations that increase stun
2) Get the specializations that make more heroic orbs drop

Just gotta find the character who has skills you like that do 1 and 2

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

El Cid posted:

The highest level gear can drop at is 130, and then you can upgrade legendary equipment 10 times, so a full set of that gets you to 140. The remaining 10 power you get from having a fully upgraded major artifact equipped (doesn't matter which one) since every upgrade level of major artifact just adds a flat +1 to your power.

To be clear, though, I'm not sure there's any actual benefit to doing this unless the major artifact has stats on it. The best artifact for most characters imo is the one that drops orbs and unless I'm missing something (totally possible!), there isn't any actual benefit to your strength past the level where you get all 3 effects.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Multiplayer is great if you enjoy endlessly destroying samey robots in search of loot that makes it slightly easier to destroy even more robots. It's mindless fun that I can play totally shitfaced and still make progress every time. I don't know if I would call that good but I've spent more time playing it than any other game in a while.

Game definitely needs a fast spawning endless survival mode imo

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TheAgent posted:

Why the gently caress is the last mission in the multiplayer quest chain single player only lmao

And you gotta gear/level up each avenger because if they get downed once, you gotta pick a new character

Can't wait for 13 floors of spin attacks

I don’t think that’s right unless they changed it. I got downed once on the last floor and my AI teammates picked me up just like any normal mission

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Soonmot posted:

holy poo poo do you chew through materials upgrading those level 130 equipment pieces

Yeah. Don’t burn through the upgrade modules until you feel decent about your choices. Everything else is easy to get with faction but those are too expensive to rely on buying

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

So do y'all recommend upgrading all the basic abilities first and then picking tech specializations?

No. Get the skills/upgrades you see yourself using and then probably knock out the specializations that increase things like stun damage and heroic orb drops. What order you want to go in is pretty dependent on your character and what you want them to do.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

They probably just wanted to kick it out to get it out and they’ll just add a bunch of poo poo over the next year. Destiny didn’t do real good at the beginning either. It’s still a bad thing to fix your game post launch instead of just making it fleshed out to begin with.

I've enjoyed the game a lot but I have to imagine with the sales/engagement numbers the developers are seeing, that they're looking at their initial draft roadmaps with a critical eye. I spent a pretty decent amount of money on Marvel Heroes but even I'm looking at the current and potential cash shop options and thinking, 'nah, I'm good'.

I don't think the game is a disaster and I don't think it will be abandoned, but I have to imagine the developers are wondering if some of the team members should be shifted to other projects sooner than originally planned.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm enjoying the game, but is there any reason to do matchmaking? I've done a couple of games with other people, but it seems like filling out the team with AI is just as good.

AI generally don’t do takedowns and are kinda crappy at managing things like stun or leaning into good builds. They’re pretty good at bringing you back up when you’re downed though. It mostly just depends on if you want to play with real people

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I love it when a controversial game thread is all about arguing if a game is objectively good. I especially like it when one side clearly wins and we all get to celebrate their good opinion-having

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

My biggest issue is just that the itemization is boring. I want some totally bananas uniques to hunt for that cause substantial differences to how your skills work or how you play, instead of just 'oh yay 3 more points of resilience.' The closest thing we have right now is pyms procs

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Deptfordx posted:

Speaking of, what happens when connection with a teammate drops?

I was playing a manhattan mission, with Black Widow and two bots.

All fine for first half of mission then Widow just stopped moving :shrug:

Gave it 3 minutes, but nothing happened and I just quit.

But I have no idea if they were suddenly AFK, or if the connection had dropped and it was trying to restablish it, or what was going on.

Do you get a message, or other indication?

Usually just replaces them with an AI if they drop or get disconnected. Dude must have just walked off

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mostly same. I still turn the game on at like midnight when I’m drunk and want to mindlessly smash but any idea of building up more characters is not one the table any longer

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I’m not sure if it’s just lucky timing or a server fix but I’ve been getting full 4 person games instantly all night after not playing for a while. Stuff to do or no that’s a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

When a new character gets added though, won't the majority be trying to play as them?

They should just allow duplicates in multiplayer because honestly who gives a poo poo. Let me do 4 hulks dammit