Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Welp, you just convinced me. I've always held back from trying a cup because I have an iud and accidentally sucking it out of place sounds like the worst possible thing, but no suction plus a little string to help get it out? Hopefully it gets here in time for some practice before I fall to the communists again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I'm usually a sugar monster a couple of days before, then as soon as the dam breaks and the cramps start nothing seems good from the mild nausea.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Double posting to report on my first wet run of the disc. I put it in overnight since I'm not heavy overnight and I don't thrash around a lot so if it leaked it wouldn't be as much of a problem as If it happened during the day.

No leaks, no discomfort! There was a little bit of wiggling to get it seated correctly and get used to the string bit hanging out. Getting it out to empty was a little messy- I fumbled it a bit after popping it out of the pubic bone but that'll probably get better with practice. Overall I felt confident enough to try it out during the daytime today!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
The monthly game of Can Everyone Else Smell Me or Am I Just A Bloodhound Right Now?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Were you feeling really anxious? Those sound kind of like panic attack symptoms. I probably wouldn't worry about it if it was an isolated indecent, but if it starts happening regularly it might be worth investigating.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Got an iud replaced how long should i expect cramps/wait to workout? Internet said 24-48 hours but unsure if that's pain or if like leg day will eject it like a rocket. Or make the cramps even longer

I got my paraguard put in one afternoon and went to a play the same night - I just kept on an ibuprofen dosing schedule until I went to bed that evening and was a little more careful about going from sitting to standing. The next day I did all my normal activities and that was that.

If you feel good, I'd go ahead and workout but maybe dial down the intensity a little so that you can stop if it starts hurting.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Take ibuprofen on a dosing schedule for the next day, it really will help. Don't wait for the cramping or pain to return before taking more, just take it on time and I swear it will chill out.

(take it with a snack, we're not trying to give ourselves ulcers here)

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Peroxide on fresh, a long cold oxyclean soak for dried and set

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Yo, that's nasty. Baths are gross enough without adding sloughed off uterine tissue into the mix.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Ugh, same. It's like there's not enough tissue there so my uterus is just scraping itself against my paraguard. I nearly threw up at work today and was all shaky even after loading up on ibuprofen.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Same reason that I smelled toddler poo poo for 24 hours after leaving a 2 hour visit to my friend with a child’s house- period bloodhound nose. Is there a homeopathic amount of stink in the air? Enjoy smelling that everywhere you go for the next day and a half.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I use a Lumma disc and I wear it during ballet and contemporary dance classes. It's never leaked during all the squatting and rolling around on the ground. It even does the cool thing where if you bear down a little while peeing, the seal breaks and I can empty like half the volume without getting all up in my crotch in the office bathroom.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I rinse my disc with just water when reinserting and then wash it with dish soap and soak it in oxyclean once I’m done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Differin is over the counter in the US. I use it twice a week 3 weeks a month and every other day during the grease times. It turns your skin cells over faster which really cuts down on the hormonal acne for me.