Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Fire is my favorite. I just remember them fondly. It mostly tastes like childhood to me. They were discontinued somewhere around 2006ish. Went from glass bottles, to metal twist top cans, now they're in plastic. Just excited to see one in the wild again.

Now if they only brought back Orbitz...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Apple newtons. I haven't seen those in like 15 years. Trader Joe's apple nutri grain bar knockoff tastes exactly like it though and makes me wonder if they bought the recipe and repurposed it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Call me crazy but "10% pear juice" sure makes me think it is going to mostly taste like pears.

pear juice gets used as filler in a lot of "juice" drinks. the pear juice is already in you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Call me crazy but "10% pear juice" sure makes me think it is going to mostly taste like pears.

the worst thing about most pears is their texture of wet sand encased in a leathery sack, i got nothin against the flavor

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

try eating them when they're less ripe.

the ripe juicy pear thing is real, but it's a thing for fresh pears, like in season local.

the apple crunchy pear however is a reliable supermarket staple

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
One of the taco bells where I live has chili cheese burritos on the menu. They're much smaller and something like $3.50. It's been over a decade, maybe two since I've had one, but as far as I can tell, it's the same taste.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Narzack posted:

One of the taco bells where I live has chili cheese burritos on the menu. They're much smaller and something like $3.50. It's been over a decade, maybe two since I've had one, but as far as I can tell, it's the same taste.

https://chilichee.se/

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Oh, drat, my location is marked. Nice. Has anyone else had one? I can't tell if it's the same(other than size and price), but i thiiiiiiiiiink it is

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, they're exactly the same. Ours never stopped selling them. They've always been on the smaller side, but they used to be less than 2 bucks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They aren't really bringing the Mexican Pizza back, I know this in my heart, it's a lie.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked these dumb Wendy’s cold cut sandwiches. ESP the Black Forest ham. I would get it all the time.

I could easily make it tho so I don’t miss it THAT much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CelticPredator posted:

I liked these dumb Wendy’s cold cut sandwiches. ESP the Black Forest ham. I would get it all the time.

I could easily make it tho so I don’t miss it THAT much.

Yeah the bread was a nice gimmick for fast food, I liked them.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

without this i would have never known that the taste of my childhood was less than three miles away at one of the bells on a stretch of road i never drive past

go safely to your grave one day knowing that you left the world a better place than you found it

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I miss the Arch Deluxe. I was one of a few middle school-aged kids who actually liked that burger.

Another one are panini sandwiches at Arby's, though I'm not sure if this was a Richmond, VA thing or not (the Arby's in Richmond have always had larger menus than other franchisees).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I miss the Arch Deluxe. I was one of a few middle school-aged kids who actually liked that burger.

:same:

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My first loss was the chicken burrito (post classic) from Del Taco. Just a ton of beans and the right amount of chicken and cheese and their very good red sauce. My mom would give me money for one when I would stay with her in summers plus a game rental if I walked or biked the 2 miles to her work (making that trip a caloric net zero) and I’d eat it there and get a refill on the macho soda (making it a caloric negative…positive? The bad one) and head home.

The spicy chicken with red sauce instead of green sauce is a close enough substitute, even if I find the rice to be a bit superfluous. For some reason the local Del Taco struggles mightily with this substitution. Never have a problem with it at any other location. Apparently there is just a button on the POS for it. But you would think I was asking for flakes of gold, the confusion and general refusal to do this generated. Even when ordering on door dash or picking it up with the app (both where there is a checkbox for this substitution) they just either ignore it, put no sauce at all (worst case, the green sauce is Fine)or put the sauce on the side 9 out of 10 times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wasn't the gimmick of that burger that it "wasn't for kids"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was! But I don't remember what was in the burger to make it unpalatable to kids.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I imagine it was the pepper bacon or the dijonnaise or whatever it was. Bonus points for the ad campaign being slightly insulting if you were an adult who already ate there.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol it had a thick layer of ketchup. the only difference saucewise was the addition of mustard. maybe it was the peppered bacon, or using fresh onion instead of dried

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

the only difference saucewise was the addition of mustard.

What it had, specifically, was a mustard-mayonnaise mix that they described as "secret sauce for grown ups".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it had a dijon taste that I was all over when I was seven or w/e

----------------

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Pretty much. I think it was supposed to have a more "adult" flavor, but all I remember is that it was peppery.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Wistfully remembered the Wendy's super bar today, just really want to sit in a sunroom eating a whole plate of salty round nachos made soggy by the extrajudicial application of hot fake cheese and chili sauce

Then you clean up the leftover slop with garlic bread

You can have some salad too I guess

It cost 3 dollars in 1987, which is roughly 8 bucks today, I would gladly pay 15, just bring it back and make robots refill and clean the stuff or whatever dumbshit reasons they cancelled it before were

Sizzler's dead, the marketplace is wide open baby

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Those sun room style Wendys are cool, there's still a few of them that they haven't completely renovated yet.

Also you scared me. Sizzler's still hanging on in the West US, although barely. Apparently thriving in Puerto Rico though.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

postmodifier posted:

Wistfully remembered the Wendy's super bar today, just really want to sit in a sunroom eating a whole plate of salty round nachos made soggy by the extrajudicial application of hot fake cheese and chili sauce

Then you clean up the leftover slop with garlic bread

You can have some salad too I guess

It cost 3 dollars in 1987, which is roughly 8 bucks today, I would gladly pay 15, just bring it back and make robots refill and clean the stuff or whatever dumbshit reasons they cancelled it before were

Sizzler's dead, the marketplace is wide open baby

don't knock the salad bar because that's where the pudding was

and yeah those sunroom dining rooms with the plants and poo poo are legit awesome

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

HOLY poo poo THE MEXICAN PIZZA IS BACK MAY 19th!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ben and Jerry's used to have a cinnamon buns flavor of ice cream which was delicious. They may still produce cinnamon buns but I haven't seen it in my area for a few years now.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Just taking a moment to ponder the loss of the Chicken Caesar Grilled Stuffed Burrito circa 2007.

Gone but not forgotten.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rahu posted:

Just taking a moment to ponder the loss of the Chicken Caesar Grilled Stuffed Burrito circa 2007.

Gone but not forgotten.

It was definitely around earlier than that. At least in the US.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow I looked it up and it was 2003. :eyepop:

In conclusion, bring it back.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Boston Carver Club from Boston Market was really good twenty-five years ago.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
You know what pulled pork at Subway really made a difference. Made their crappy honey oat a welcome sponge for the sauce, too. God, subway is so drat terrible that was years ago now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Samuel Glompers posted:

You know what pulled pork at Subway really made a difference. Made their crappy honey oat a welcome sponge for the sauce, too. God, subway is so drat terrible that was years ago now

I miss when Subway sliced their bread in that weird way. What was it, cutting a V into the top or something like that?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, it was a V shaped weged they'd cut into the top of the loaf. Good times, back when I thought their meatball sub was actually edible.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It's funny I never remember that, but my wife does. I told her that's Erbert & Gerbert's entire schtick was to cut the "guts" of the bread out and give it to you on the side while they stuffed the sandwich with the fillings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
sometimes I miss those “wraps” McDonald’s had for a buck that was a chicken tender shredded cheese and honey mustard wrapped in a tortilla. a truly insane item but for $1 it was a great snack

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

indigi posted:

sometimes I miss those “wraps” McDonald’s had for a buck that was a chicken tender shredded cheese and honey mustard wrapped in a tortilla. a truly insane item but for $1 it was a great snack

Wendy's had them for a couple years longer until COVID, I ordered them allll the time :(

Cook-Out still has them as a side item I think but none of those around here, RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

indigi posted:

Hell ya. Give me one of those over an order of fries any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Popeyes finally stopped selling their wrap too. Rest In Peace wraps.

I’m surprised McDonald’s still hasn’t brought salads back. They were decent and I even frequently managed to make myself get them with grilled chicken and use less than half of the dressing.