Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

OldSenileGuy posted:

Apparently Libor Hajek let it slip in an interview with a Czech sports magazine that Lundqvist is done with the Rangers. He says that after the last Carolina game, Henrik said his goodbyes to the team and told them he wouldn't be back next year. The beat writers have been saying for a while that it was like a 95% certainty that he would be bought out, but I always hoped in the back of my head that idiots like Brooks and Carp were wrong and just trying to sound "in the know".

Really sucks that he was never able to get the Cup with the Rangers, but I hope some competing team picks him up cheap to be their 1B so he can have one more shot at it.

I know that the media around Colorado seems to have been beating the drum for the Avalanche to sign Lundqvist as a 1B.

I expect he will land pretty well on a real contender :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

fisting by many posted:

The scale tops out at 0.5 because that's an extreme outlier. In Gomez's case it's probably higher than that.

The key to that chart is expected goals, not shot volume. Every player's chart is a mixture of blue and red spots. A strong defender will have deep blue near the goal and slot and red around the blue line. This means they are preventing high danger chances against and forcing attackers to take more bad shots.

Gomez is just a giant red blob anywhere near the net. The xG number means opponents are expected to score 50% more often when Gomez is on the ice. He was a horrific, horrific liability.

Well no the key is shot volume, and then the shots are weighted by the type and the location they occured to produce an overall expected goal against value, which is compared to the league average to get that overall +56% ratio..

I'm not sure how the blending works in a heat chart actually.. I'm assuming there's some math involved to make those blobs as smoothed out as possible.