Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

rex rabidorum vires posted:

There was the question of whether Lehner or the system produced the results. Also, probably lingering questions about his mental health.

It's a shame Vegas has no real way of keeping him short of Fleury unexpectedly retiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Also, https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_PGH/status/1293233572975968257?s=20

hahahahah

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cartoon Man posted:

:psyduck:

Guess winning us a Stanley Cup wasn’t enough...

Holtby will take a mega payday contract this offseason and move on from the Caps, as well he should. It will be a lot more than he’s worth but there will be plenty of teams willing to take the chance. Shame the expansion draft isn’t this offseason, he could’ve gone and anchored Seattle.

Is he actually going to get paid paid? There's not much cap space out there, and Lehner (and Markstrom if he chooses) are demonstrably better

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
You win the cup it's a success.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
How much has he made lifetime? Would you go back into a dressing room that doesn't like you to play a compressed season for an aging team in a covid and unrest riddled US, or would you rather retire to nice safe, stable Finland and spend time with your family?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They've actually got a little space now. They should really spend it in D, and certain it on a top six forward, but they could.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Levitate posted:

I'd be all in on the Avs winning the cup with Lundqvist, they seem like a fun team and I have no animosity towards them. They were even the closest thing to a "home team" for me back in the 90's!

Rangers are gonna buy him in all likelyhood so cap hit for a team signing him is probably not an issue. He'll be getting his buyout money and if he wants to go to a potential contender he'll have the financial leeway (as if he needs it) to take a cheap contract from someone.

If he's after a vet min cup chase I could see Vegas going for him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
How much easier/harder is it to distance at a hockey game? The obvious difficulties are that it's inside, cold and damp. Which, yikes.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah it sucks as a Vegas fan, he's a great dude, been nothing but loyal, but it very much not up to being a 1a goalie any more and is paid too much to also pay a second goalie.

I honestly hope they eat the cost of paying both of them, even if it's definitely not the right move for the team.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Presumably a hypothetical Eichel trade starts with LaFreniere and ends when the Rangers hear that and throw their phones away?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The few Sabres fans I have anything to do with are upset with Jack Quinn over Rossi?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Yay! Not quite a bargain, but he seems like a good dude and fitted really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Levitate posted:

https://twitter.com/WillieGRamirez/status/1313950539445493761

already kinda knew about this but might be interesting to see where it goes

I'm dead curious to see who Vegas are planning to move to fit Pietrangelo in.