Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

The biggest thing that worries me is definitely the idea that getting rid of Sullivan might take hold - I don't believe that will change anything at all.

I don't think Rutherford will bite the bullet and buyout Johnson just yet but one can hope. lol if he actually is able to trade him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Mike_V posted:

JR seems like a real piece of poo poo

Yeah it's extremely lovely because while Schultz hasn't been great he's been getting and probably playing through injury constantly.

Coaching change is eh, it would have to happen eventually I guess.

Edit: :gonchar:

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Schultz is gone, but JJ is probably staying.

One of Matt Murray or Tristan Jarry is going to get dealt. Chances are it will be Murray because he's going to have bigger contract demands and he also seems like he could use a change of scenery since his play has been trending the wrong the past few years. The question is, what sort of value does MM even have at this point. He's still a young goalie who won two Cups and has had some elite stretches of play. There are some teams desperate for goaltending. Will some team pay a lot for him? I dunno. Even in the best of times goalies never seem to generate a lot of assets or interest around the league.

Yeah Schultz I don't see being around and some team will probably overpay for. I feel like he's unfortunately been Ryan Whitney'd with injuries the past few years and he's basically done now.

I've liked what I've seen of McCann if he comes back cheap. I don't really feel down on Murray but if he wants the big bux I'm fine with him going elsewhere.

Offseason will definitely be interesting either way though.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I don't get trading Patrik Laine at all. Like not even the tiniest of reasons i can think of unless it's some usual nebulous attitude thing.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That Tucker mention got me tripping down the buyout rabbithole and here's a funny bit of trivia

If Lecavalier had not been bought out, this would have been the last year of his 11 year $7.5 million contract he got in 2009

Instead Tampa is still paying him ~$2 million a year until 2027

hah i didn't even know about that one

Still doesn't beat Ricky D's though. $1.5M until 2029

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

After all that talk about how Johnson can fit in and is an okay player etc.

It's kinda hilarious that they just up and buy him out, out of nowhere. I ain't complaining though.