Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Maybe step one in Pittsburgh is to kick out the broom handle that supports the withered dying lump of what used to be Jim Ruhterford and move on from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

"It might be small, but I'm quick too!"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's the offseason and everyone knows that's when you clean house on your loser team so here I am continuing to clean some stuff out of my collection. I put some Don Cherry cans/bubbas up as well and have some non-Penguin things coming up as well.

To sell, Lumpy Gumby. :D

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934444

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 17, 2020

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Aphrodite posted:

That's not surprising since Kadri is a douche who goons it up when he's losing, and well...

I don't know what to feel when I agree with you

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Mage_Boy posted:

http://www.wbspenguins.com/2020/08/20/penguins-sign-felix-robert-and-luke-stevens/

Hmm, I wonder which scout decided to scout Kevin Stevens son?

Kevin Stevens is a Pens scout now.

gently caress YEAH as long as he wears #25 I have a bunch of jerseys I can bring out again :)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Hey I hate to keep making GBS threads up this thread so I can stop if I need to but I just added some Bruins and Wings stuff to my FOR SALE thread in the SA Mart. As a heads up, I have a lot of loose MacFarlane players that I will be putting up soon and I don't want to sell them individually so I will either be selling them by team or just a big ol box of Ya Git Wut Ya Git. So start collecting your nickels!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934444

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

sleep with the vicious posted:

Calgary media is begging for a Gaudreau trade, and I can't really disagree with it. 3 years in a row he went missing in the playoffs completely

He needs a fresh start in Pittsburgh. Would you like a bottom 8 defenseman with a stupid contract? We have a few for you to choose from

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
All of those President's trophies in the rafters in DC count for something right?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Lol I was kidding

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Bring it in, buddy. I got you. :glomp:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

fartknocker posted:

Some of y’all should read some of Kawalimus’ posts on the Ravens sometimes. :allears:

I haven't and I refuse. As a lifelong Browns fan, gently caress everything about the Ravens.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

grack posted:

I'm pretty sure this meets the definition of "self harm".

Also Indians and Cavs (Pre-2000)

The Pens are all I have :(

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
If they're going to fire Reirdon than they should also fire whoever made the decision to not re-sign Trotz.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Levitate posted:

Not gonna fix the problem of an aging core

But enough about Leonsis

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I could have sworn that Kasperi Kapanen started with the Pens but I'm positive that is some kind of issue with my broke rear end brain.

Also I thought Rodrigues looked good in the limited time I saw him but I'm not a fancy stats nerd. I'm a lot of kinds of nerd but that isn't one of them.

Call Your Grandma posted:

leafs have halved their roster's pignoses and for that i mourn

I wonder what Tyler Kennedy is up to these days

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Koopa Kid posted:

They drafted him, he was part of the Kessel trade

You have no idea how happy this made me, that I didn't make it up.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Having All Star Captain and MVP Jon Scott on your team doesn't sound like any kind of handicap at all

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

ThinkTank posted:

Odds are this core doesn't get a shot like this again. How many "great young teams with a bright future" have we seen lose a heartbreaker in the playoffs then flame out completely? In recent memory the Oilers and Jets have done it and vanished into obscurity.

The Hell are you talking about? The Stanley Cup finals are in Edmonton so I hardly think that's obscurity

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can't wait for Benning to go ham on signing bad vets to long term deals

If you look up "A Real Veteran Presence" Jack Johnson's picture is the entire definition and it takes up the whole page.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

DJExile posted:

The Power Play is garbage and it doesn't help when you can't practice between games to work on it.

I also think it's Bullshit that the Flyers were the only team that didn't get to practice between games.

But seriously they looked scary right before the world ended and I imagine it's disappointing but in the end gently caress the Flyers, everyone hates Philly dot gif

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

soggybagel posted:

Minnesota loving sucks

How DARE you disparage the State Of Hockey.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

MaoistBanker posted:

As someone nearly 7 years sober I would have genuinely LOL'd if I were Bobby Ryan but when you're recently out of an unmanageable life and pissed off about everything, this would have been a major league OOF.

What's up fellow sober goon. :glomp:

Keep up the hard work

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Matt Murray is the only rookie to win TWO Stanley Cups and if that isn't the kind of winning attitude you want in Edmonton then I don't know what to tell you give up that first rounder dammit

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I was living in The State Of Hockey when they signed Parise and Sutter to those terrible contracts and everyone was super excited and had extra Lefsa for supper.

I'm not surprised that they're one again happy about a super long, probably terrible contact.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

If true, that's the mark of a true Professional. Good riddance.

Goddamit JR how can you gently caress up personnel issues like this?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

The Dirty Burger posted:

Haven’t seen any of the usual guys tweet this, but apparently the Hawks traded Olli Maatta for an ECHLer?

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/kings-acquire-olli-maatta-from-blackhawks/c-319291772

The Kings got fleeced lol

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's a Christmas loving miracle

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Penguins are going to trade Matt Murray away for absolutely nothing to make the room to sign Lundquist for one magical year of Rangers tears everywhere.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I can't believe the wings are buying him out. Hasn't he led the league alphabetically since like his rookie year?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
King Hank gonna look so good in black and gold

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Bregor posted:

i no rite

Also lol at Minnesota

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

CBJSprague24 posted:

Except there won't be room once the MAFster finds his way back first.

If they don't sign him to retire him and his number, when it is his time, then I will be sorely disappointed.

I genuinely don't know how anyone doesn't like that big fuckin goofball.