Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I really wish there was a parking garage or something at the starter bases that would despawn your constructs into "parking" after a few minutes. It would help a lot.

quote:

If you are separated from a dynamic construct by less than 125km, you can fetch it to you by opening your map (F4) then clicking Constructs in the top left and right clicking that construct in the list and selecting Fetch. This is a debug feature that will eventually be removed from the game, but is great if your vehicle is stuck in the air or underground. You can also exploit this feature a bit by putting a large container on a XS dynamic core and fetching it around the planet as you mine so you put the resources directly into the container as you mine.

:mindblown:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Delizin posted:

Beta invites are very janky, but working at the moment. I've sent out mine and my friends are able to log in and start playing.

To send an invite visit dualuniverse.game, login in the top right corner, then click Products. You then enter your friend's email address to send them an invite.

When you sign up with a beta invite, you need to use a different email address than you used for the stress test if you participated. Then on the account creation page it will give an internal server error, but it sends a confirmation email. Validate email address and you are good to play.

Im not sure it works, it doesn't even throw a server error, just reloads the page and shows me with the same number of invites remaining.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Beta invites work now. When you send a key, it refreshes the page and shows the key as "pending"

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Am I missing something with permissions?

I added my buddy as an actor, gave him all the rights, and saved the policy, but he's still not able to do anything on my land.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Delizin posted:

Did you add the tag to the territory control unit?

That's probably it, thank you.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I've started a raiding org called the Crimson Permanent Assurance and have begun drafting plans for my pirate ship as soon as I can find a good 3d object model of this:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Munkeylord posted:

it is true, i have a much inferior machine to yours and it always runs like rear end when i go to a sanctuary port. probably where most accounts died. but it is a sandbox mmo, the servers sometimes poo poo themselves but so far there is nothing similar to what this game offers in the least. just get away from the sanctuary platforms if possible.

I upped my pixel quality and noticed an immediate performance gain. It means bigger network payloads, but also not having to work for their slow rear end queue to get to me as many times when I make it to a new hex.

The geography loads in layers, so before I tweaked things it was sometimes taking 10-15 minutes before I could mine.

I'll get back to this game eventually, I crashed after my first space flight, have been stuck trying to figure out how to rebuild. I thought I was at a point where I could fly back to the market and at least take a shuttle home with pieces of my ship to rebuild at base, but just shot up into the air followed by immediately crashing again. I must have put the vertical boosters in the wrong spot or something. I've just been logging in every day to make sure I get my spacebucks followed by immediately logging out.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FileNotFound posted:

You should join our discord, we can pick you up and help build a ship or you can just take one of the spares etc

I absolutely do not recommend DU solo - everything will take too long if you play by yourself.

I am in your discord, I'm using the blueprints for the jetsled. Damned if I can figure out how it goes back together though, so my goal now is just to fly back to a shuttle spot and ferry my ship parts back to my Sanctuary L container for a rebuild.