Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Wall Balls posted:

americans having strong opinions about hotdog toppings are mad weird considering how lousy their dogs are

"no sir, i'm a purist, mustard only for MY bland, porkless, nugget textured tube of mechanically separated cow rear end!"

Why what country are you from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Barudak posted:

Local people like McDonald's too...

I judge people who say they are vegetarians but then reveal they eat seafood. 4 people is too many to meet doing this in one lifetime! Own up to the fact you think baby cows are cute and don't know what the gently caress sustainable fishing means instead of trying to moralize over people who eat eggs.

I thought vegetarians eat eggs

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

The_Continental posted:

Got a MIL who refuses to drink water. She has health problems and is also quite irritable.

She also buys into dietary superfood fads like mangosteen. Like, just drink some loving water. Your body needs it.

Tell her to drink tea

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

teen witch posted:

How do you refuse to drink water

Like I’m baffled

A third of Brits confess they don’t drink any water on a daily basis

quote:

a third of Brits have revealed that they don’t drink water every day. None. At all. And 20% say that they last drank a glass of water over a week ago – according to a new survey. The research, commissioned by Britvic’s family brand Robinsons, showed that almost half of the nation dislike drinking water, with 52% saying it is boring.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/1053317445723832320?s=20

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
When I intend to go get a drink of water, I opt for juice or wine instead.

For example, I love yoga. But instead of water, I’ll bring a glass of merlot for breaks. Don’t judge!

Water tastes like nothing. Why would I drink nothing? What’s the point?

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
Drinking plain water sll the time makes you thr weird one

The developing world boils all their water into tea and soup

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

oh but seriously I posted:

there is a huge untapped market for perrier with dumplings in it

Remember these?

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Barudak posted:

The chinese part of my family is baffled I don't need soup at every meal to avoid dehyrdration. Where are you getting water from, they wonder, presumably baffled by why the own so many goddamn cups with deng xiaoping's face on them.

Rich westerners with central air/heating live in self created deserts with 15% humidity due to aggressive heating in the winter and A/C in the summer (even the Sahara desert has a relative humidity of only 25%). They lose a lot more straight water (w/o electrolytes) from living in an artificially dry atmosphere

People in developing countries lose more water through sweat, which is why they need to take in salts along with their water to replenish, such as the salt found in soup

420 20 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
I feel like Britain dropped back into developing nation status in the 90s