Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Eox posted:

So if they do the Four Fiends from FF4 as a trial series, which one are we thinking gets killed in a solo duty?

Rubicante, because he demands a respectful duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I think it would open with a solo duty against Scarmiglione, then a trial against Cagnazzo, then another trial against Barbariccia, then a solo against Rubicante, and the last trial boss would be Geryon from TAY

is the e in Rubicante silent or does his name rhyme with picante

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Chillgamesh posted:

I think it would open with a solo duty against Scarmiglione, then a trial against Cagnazzo, then another trial against Barbariccia, then a solo against Rubicante, and the last trial boss would be Geryon from TAY

It’s Italian, so picante.

Barbariccia means curly beard

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Scarmiglione has two phases ready to go, though. I'd hate to relegate him to a solo duty when there's a kickass-looking raidwide and a bangin' soundtrack change to be had

edit: no matter what, we better get a soken cover of the FF4 boss theme out of endwalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5D9mVy7js

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Eox posted:

Scarmiglione has two phases ready to go, though. I'd hate to relegate him to a solo duty when there's a kickass-looking raidwide and a bangin' soundtrack change to be had

edit: no matter what, we better get a soken cover of the FF4 boss theme out of endwalker

Hell yes. My favorite boss theme of the series.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
honestly it could mean as little as "this healer has an honest-to-god dps rotation"

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Maybe they could do Scarmiglione in 6.2, random solo duty or just skip that and do more exposition in 6.3, Cagnazzo + Barbariccia combo fight in 6.4, and Rubicante in 6.5.

Eox posted:

I'm so excited for a Soken version of the four fiends' theme myself. I love this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf9e9lJgaVU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They have the buttrock version ready to go this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0

:colbert:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Obviously we fight Scarmiglione with the G-Warrior

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

cheetah7071 posted:

honestly it could mean as little as "this healer has an honest-to-god dps rotation"

I'd be genuinely concerned about this. You ever had your resurrection delayed because the Red Mage hit their melee phase? Imagine if it was your actual healer.

Healers don't have enough to do, but a DPS rotation doesn't solve it, because they need to be able to drop what they're doing and heal people at the drop of a hat. Giving them a combo creates worse issues than it solves.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Cleretic posted:

I'd be genuinely concerned about this. You ever had your resurrection delayed because the Red Mage hit their melee phase? Imagine if it was your actual healer.

Healers don't have enough to do, but a DPS rotation doesn't solve it, because they need to be able to drop what they're doing and heal people at the drop of a hat. Giving them a combo creates worse issues than it solves.

just make the combo not drop if you cast a heal/rez, some gunbreaker and dark knight stuff already does that

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Having dps and heal combos that can link between each other could be a cool gimmick

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
they'll be the first healer with an oGCD res, clearly

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if they're not doing a patch story continuation and just ending the arc at 6.0 we could get all four raids from 6.2-6.5.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Eimi posted:

They have the buttrock version ready to go this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0

:colbert:

The Primals should perform this version.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chillgamesh posted:

If we fight the Four Fiends, then I could see the Giant of Babel factoring into it somehow.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Still have to wonder about the future. Now that Crystal Tower is mandatory, there's the bit from the epilogue where Nero's scanning device beeps "It's all wrong" in Morse code after he tosses it into the depths. And if they ever decide to do something with it, Silvertear Lake could still have the "Presence" that was meant to tie in with 1.0's original endgame. Then of course, the New World and Meracydia are places we're not likely to go during 6.0.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's why I think the 24 man's burning lore question is gonna be addressing Silverthorne. Seems like the biggest and longest loose end.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hogama posted:

Still have to wonder about the future. Now that Crystal Tower is mandatory, there's the bit from the epilogue where Nero's scanning device beeps "It's all wrong" in Morse code after he tosses it into the depths. And if they ever decide to do something with it, Silvertear Lake could still have the "Presence" that was meant to tie in with 1.0's original endgame. Then of course, the New World and Meracydia are places we're not likely to go during 6.0.

A bunch of people think that Silvertear is the 'long-standing mystery' that will be focused on for the Endwalker alliance raid.

Personally, I think that one will be reserved for an MSQ, and the alliance raid will be something like Gelmorra. But maybe that's because I don't really care about Silvertear since it's been so irrelevant throughout all the game's live content, so they can let that sleep and focus on something they've actually acknowledged at any point since ARR.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/TCz2jSC.mp4

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think Lake Silvertear is, like, the gateway to Hydaelyn or something. If the Garleans had shot their guns downward they would have supremely hosed her up. Middy was just being a good guard/knight/dog.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
So here's a thought. The Ascians as an organization are done, probably, but the concept of a body hopping sorcerous rear end in a top hat as an antagonist just got diversified a bunch.

There's also the distinct possibility that some Ascians might decide to join Team Azem because the alternative of working for Fandaniel is too horrible a prospect.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lohgrif as gaia is technically already an ally, she just presumably wants to live as a normal girl for the forseeable future

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

It's gonna own when she breaks up with Ryne and instantly goes "all right, enough of being a normal girl, time for Ardor".

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I figure that Ryne, Gaia and Unukalhai will be back when we inevitably ride into the 13th to punch Scathach in the face and bring back form to the formless.

Perhaps while riding Eden into the Shard while 'Party Party Party' plays.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is Scathach still meant to be kicking around, she seemed pretty expired after we killed her and then Diablos devoured her remains and then we killed him

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
We are not actually SURE, I don't think, what happens to Voidsent, especially powerful Voidsent, when you kill them. There's been a lingering notion that destroying a Voidsent's body just sends them back to the Void and the 13th to reform. Keep in mind, Lahabrea didn't actually die until his aether was completely exhausted in the Eye during the act of summoning Shinryu, and Lahabrea was barely hanging on to any sense of his self at the time he got shoved in the Eye.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think we'll probably get at least 1 ascian ally who takes the rhyming narrative role of FuSoYa or Redeemed Golbez

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

CYBEReris posted:

I think we'll probably get at least 1 ascian ally who takes the rhyming narrative role of FuSoYa or Redeemed Golbez

Considering the masks on Shadowhunter's belt, I'm guessing probably Altima. Altima was also the only Ascian during the 2.3 meeting whose response to 'This is impossible, the insects are winning!' was essentially 'Did you not expect them to start catching up?'

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gearhead posted:

We are not actually SURE, I don't think, what happens to Voidsent, especially powerful Voidsent, when you kill them. There's been a lingering notion that destroying a Voidsent's body just sends them back to the Void and the 13th to reform. Keep in mind, Lahabrea didn't actually die until his aether was completely exhausted in the Eye during the act of summoning Shinryu, and Lahabrea was barely hanging on to any sense of his self at the time he got shoved in the Eye.

Wasn't the whole point of the Nullstone that it could permanently gently caress up Voidsent?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hunter Noventa posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the Nullstone that it could permanently gently caress up Voidsent?

It could be used to force Voidsent to do things, and perhaps permanently gently caress them up.

Diablos used it to hoover Scathach's power into himself. We then went on a very enthusiastic walk all over his face and blew him into tiny pieces even FASTER than the beating we gave Thordan.

I wouldn't count Scathach out on making a comeback if it suits narrative purposes, much like how I don't see us being done with Cloud of Darkness or the 13th. Especially when the lore itself gives Scathach's reasons for getting beaten so easily to begin with that the Mhach had to bind her into a deliberately frail vessel just to stand a chance of shoving her in a box. (And this was when THEY had the Voidstone.)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Gearhead posted:

Where are you getting this idea that Lahabrea hung around until Shinryu? I thought people were basically in agreement that he died when Thordan basically obliterated the fucker.

And honestly, the question about 'could Scathach come back' grapples less with 'how' and more with 'why'. Sure, there's loopholes in the lore of the Mhach raids that would let her come back, but is there a reason that they'd specifically decide to bring her back in a future story?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 27, 2021

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cleretic posted:

Where are you getting this idea that Lahabrea hung around until Shinryu?

I seem to recall that there was an interview where they said that Lahabrea was finally, completely finished off with the summoning of Shinryu. But I could also be misremembering.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i guess in the sense that he got ate by thordan using nidhoggs eye and then the eye got popped sure

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gearhead posted:

I seem to recall that there was an interview where they said that Lahabrea was finally, completely finished off with the summoning of Shinryu. But I could also be misremembering.

I'd assume the idea would be that Lahabrea's essence was still contained within the Eye after the initial absorption, so he was technically still around and if his essence could have been extracted he could have reconstituted himself eventually, but the remaining aether in the Eye being burned in the process of summoning Shinryu essentially finished him off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Elidibus wasn't killed, he's just trapped in the Tower, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If he's not actually dead, he's functionally dead.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Bruceski posted:

Elidibus wasn't killed, he's just trapped in the Tower, right?

Elidibus (and probably Lahabrea from what I'm hearing) both essentially got disintegrated into their constituent aether in a way that'd be impossible to reassemble them. Sure, all of Elidibus' aether is in the First's Crystal Tower, but you can't exactly pull him back OUT in one piece.

The same thing happened to one of the lesser red-masked Ascians, Emmerololth, who was similarly ripped apart and thrown into the Lifestream, and notes left by the Students of Baldesion suggest that's not something you can bring a living human being back from. Eureka took years to salvage an island full of things that are rather less complicated than 'a living sentient soul', and hosed it up so hard that water ran backwards.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 27, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Eureka lore sounds cool... meanwhile I am stuck in Pagos :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If Lahabrea were salvageable, Elidibus would have pulled him out of the Eye when he had it.

Plus I'm pretty sure King Thordan ate him, not the Eye.