Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hogama posted:

She's not as proficient as the Warrior of Light but Lalai is wearing BLM exclusive gear, too.
(Kazagg Chah, 269th Order Mendicant Da Za, and Dozol Meloc were also disciples of Ququruka but only Kazagg even acts as a Thaumaturge during solo instances.)

Waldeve also survived the events of the story - even if his band was doing Black Magic incorrectly (without regulation) they were still Black Mages.
That's not a LOT of Black Mages but it's more than just the WoL alive.

For real one of the reasons I like BLM is that you just interact with a bunch of beast tribe people who are all just people who know about black magic like they're just people

It was a nice undercurrent of friendship to that story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

bagrada posted:

I was hoping for simply a fist bump, the nod, or "Good talk."

Yeah I would have really loved if it was just *nod* *nod* and walking away

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Large heavyset build, long white beard, lives in the frozen north, associated with tinkering and cool machines, seeks to bring peace and goodwill to the world (at least going by the propaganda)...

Is... Is Solus Santa Claus?

Solus Claus gives ceruleum to all the good little boys and girls (who are of pure Garlean blood)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

TGLT posted:

I don't think that it's an rear end pull to write a redemption arc for Gaius, I just also don't think they accomplished that for him in large part because the story never really takes him to task for his actions despite how much time he spends with people he's hurt. And in small part because I don't think it's believable Gaius, dude who intervened to shut down the Black Rose project, was ignorant of the excesses of the Empire. We had a whole side quest with Avilina traipsing around Werlyt and talking about her complicated relationship to her homeland, give me a side quest with Valdeaulin directly confronting Gaius about his role in crimes not that dissimilar to Valens. Don't have him tell me how much he doesn't trust Gaius, then at the end decide actually he's moved on now. Whole thing robbed two characters of much needed dialogue.

and hey if that means less valens screen time all the better

Wasn't Livia basically conspiring to keep blinders on Gaius regarding all the stupid petty cruelties that were happening? He knew about the big Bad Stuff but told himself it was for a good reason but he seemed ignorant to all the tiny petty ones

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

have we seen the street shark irl? the only place I remember it from is the other amaurot ex dungeon which was also a recretion of like...lahabrea's lab?

It seems to be an A rank in the area

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

i wonder how the rampant QC issues are working out for that person

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Azem's sitting there "look, I'm the protagonist, I *know* I'm the protagonist, nothing bad can actually happen until I show up. I can wait until they call for help. What, someone else with the protagonist-focus is going to happen to be there and kick things off?"

"If it gets handled without me there, it wasn't that important anyway"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

There’s a bunch of special weather all over though. Starshower for the Heroes Gauntlet dungeon in ShB. Most of the Primals have unique conditions (that got reused in Eden). Titania and Innocence both have their own weather patterns.

In fact every Trial has a unique weather pattern for the most part. The Endsinger has Inevitability and Ultimatum, and Zodiark and Hydaelyn share one called Polarization.

But I’m pretty sure Ultimatum is only The Endsinger, everyone else has a differently named special weather. Ultima Weapon Ultimate has Ultimania though.

Oddly, Endsinger just has "Termination" weather. "Ultimatum" weather was for Zenos final trial

Also yeah UWU has the appropriate weather from garuda/ifrit/titan, then a brief weather of Louring for the interlude before going into Ultimania

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

The moment where I went from “why did they keep the bosses so secret?” to “ah I see why they kept the bosses hidden” was very good

having some iconic things to tell us about to throw us entirely off the trail by assuming they'd be the trial bosses and then throw them in as dungeons is very helpful probably

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Argas posted:

Someone hasn't levelled fishing.

Star Ocean Expeditions.

TEAR INTO PIECES

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

100's of millions dead thanks to Riqi-Tio's invention, dynamite

Adbot