Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone found Ryne after 5.3 ends? Beq Lugg is in the cabinet of curiosity and obviously all the Scions are in Mor Dhona, but I can't find Ryne to talk to. I checked around Eden just in case but she's not back there. I guess she's probably somewhere in the Crystarium but it's a big place with lots of slow loading NPCs right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I will be honest

I was half expecting that when you arrive with the spirit vessels in the Source, the WoL would suddenly realize they forgot to label them.

Lmao I had the same thought - imagining Krile chewing you out in frustration

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shadowbringers made me love all the scions I didn't care too much about before

Alphinaud and Alisaie were already there

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think the crystal was a backup rather than his real plan. I'm pretty sure he still wanted to beat us and was genuinely surprised when we pulled out stuff he couldn't see coming like Ardbert.

BUT he certainly acknowledged the possibility that we could win

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it just me or is the story of the Yorha raids not doing a whole lot for anyone else? The raids themselves kick rear end, but the story around them isn't really doing enough to raise it beyond the level of a non-canon crossover episode. Like, I'm not getting enough ties to the story of Automata or the world of XIV for there to be much grounding.

I don't really care for it either

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Never stopped them before

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There better fuckin be Emil that's all I gotta say

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The pilots of the Weapons in the Sorrow of Werlyt quests

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tempering really puts a huge wrench in any potential working towards peace. Yes the founders of Limsa Lominsa were absolutely at fault for what they did to the Kobolds, but in the present they don't exactly have a lot of options when the primary power base of the Kobolds are literally enslaved by a wrathful god and can't be negotiated with. Merlwyb steps up and puts her money where her mouth is the literal instant there is a cure for tempering so she's alright in my book.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Quests always take place at the point in the story they are released. All the level 80 job quests canonically take place after defeating Emet-selch but before 5.1. I'm not sure why they tweaked the Summoner quest but it never had any bearing on Arenvald's fate either way. Even if he survives and is totally fine, it's not like Fordola's role in that quest would make sense post 5.5 either!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I may be wrong but I don't think this changed landscape with the summoning towers will permit anything about those scenes to make sense after 5.5. Fordola isn't going to go back to just sitting in her cell because these towers and primals are an ongoing concern. I very much read the summoner quest as a precursor to this patch. Checking in on characters we haven't seen in a while who are about to have a bigger role.

I mean I don't really think Arenvald will die either, but I also don't think they're writing themselves into a corner to have that quest make perfect sense at any point you do it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They'd have to totally rework it, and although I'd love that I don't think they've ever even indicated an interest in doing so.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's perfect

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

*70, 70, 63, 66, 70, 70, 70

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eimi posted:

I want Fordola to join the A team and also be the lesbian version of G'raha cause drat it we need some ladies to ship the WoL with.

I cannot agree more

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gridania is also the only nation where you don't get a training dungeon to fight all the great Gridania characters like...

Well okay I found one flaw but I still want it. Maelstrom's was the best but Halatali Hard was cool too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They should devote development resources to making Bahamut Normal and then make all raids and trials mandatory.

And yes, I do include Hildibrand.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't roll my eyes hard enough

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fordola discourse is gonna get real heated once she joins the main cast in Endwalker

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The one thing they definitely should do is change Dreadflare into Summon Bahamut like they do Dreadwyrm Trance into Summon Phoenix. Just one button saved, but still it's a no brainer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh man thank you for posting that. I was just speculating with a friend that the deep dark secret of Sharlayan is that they (or rather their founders and leadership) are and always have been aligned with the Ascians. A sort of Ascian sanctioned repository of knowledge, allowed to survive each calamity (perhaps by sheltering underground in Labyrinthos) as long as they stayed out of the affairs of the world. And all Sharlayans who've opposed the Ascians have been offshoots like the Archons both present and historical. That thing you posted sounds to me like the past group of Archons eventually learned the truth and gave up their fight in order to survive.

I do not have nearly enough grounding in this game's lore and history to know if this buckwild theory is plausible or even possible. If I'm an ignorant dumbass with no clue what he's talking about please tell me, but this is the crazy stuff that popped into my sleep deprived brain today and it felt like it made sense.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Cheetah means we don't go to Thavnair because it's under attack, we go there beforehand and experience the attack as it happens. Urianger and Thancred are talking in Radz-at-Han, seemingly before everything has gone to poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think we're probably beyond (non lunar) primals at this point, so looking for something specifically that the Matanga will summon seems pretty unlikely to me. Anima is probably an End of Days Beast for instance, and I'm sure any other trials will tie into the overall plot rather than having a beast tribe summon them for some reason.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I mean at this point, regardless of how people feel about it, it's guaranteed that there is something More to the End of Days than we know so far, and we're going to learn about it this expansion. During the keynote they straight up referred to it as "the mystery of the End of Days", Graha in the trailer is going "ahh the star still has secrets", Sharlayan clearly knows stuff and is keeping quiet about it, etc. That's just where this story is headed and hopefully it'll be really cool and satisfying!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Moofia can't read

And as such, we would all be better off if we didn't read Moofia's posts

Cythereal posted:

More to the point... I think at this point they're blatantly supposed to be Amaurot-lite, probably deliberately made as such by Emet in one of his past guises.

Nyunkrepf Nyunkrepfsyn was Emet-Selch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's irredeemable people like Sicinius (who's still at large oooh I can't wait to get that fucker for what he did to Dabog) but I can't help but like the ones like Daguza and Papaga. I hope now that the legion has crumbled in Bozja they can make a clean break.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

The finale says that they're reintegrating any captured imperial troops into the society instead of holding them prisoner or trying them for treason. Presumably anybody who didn't die explicitly in a fate or boss has a chance to show up again later in a more pacific era.

Good! Let them live with their animal friends.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hmm I thought before that the stuff in Gabranth's field notes was a smokescreen but now that I've seen Lyon's I wonder. It does seem like they've wrapped up a lot more than I thought offscreen. Even Sicinius! Wtf!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hogama posted:

I still think it's likely set-up for a further continuation into 6.0 and/or beyond. The notes are explicitly not from the IVth Legion's perspective, so they could all be set-up for whatever the Plan in the stinger is about.

Yeah I hope so. That note just seemed a bit more explicit than the other one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not to start an argument but why do people use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread? I thought that was the entire purpose of the thread?

I sometimes forget to unbookmark this thread right away after a new patch comes out so I appreciate it for the first day or so.

It's probably cool to stop at this point though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Bozja is also a bit of a weird case because it takes significant time investment to complete it as opposed to the couple hours to catch up on the MSQ patches. So someone might wanna talk about MSQ spoilers and speculate on where the main story is going but hasn't had time for Bozja yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I did feel like it was a bit unclear where the Armament draws its power from if they never actually had it eat Diabolos. It was still doing his void gates and poo poo, but you're right that it doesn't make sense for them to have managed to get him inside it when he's been around doing things long after it was made.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

petcarcharodon posted:

My headcanon is Diabolos showed up inside it the moment he recognized us and that's why it activated then.

Also Proto-Ultima went to Dun Scaith because it was trying to retrieve Diabolos to get him back in the terrifying superweapon he was supposed to be in.

The lore all ties together.......

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They have been completely explicit, like literally in the text of one of the slides at the fan fest, that this expansion will involve unravelling the mysteries of the Final Days. It's not just Hydaelyn and Zodiark that are being dealt with, we're gonna be getting to the core of what started this whole mess in the first place. They're definitely not leaving that for the future.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah a deficit of Aether was explicitly not the First's problem. They had plenty just all of one type. The whole Eden story is about them coming up with a way to use the phenomenon of Primals to change the aether. It was a very clever idea and is completely in keeping with how Primals have worked the whole time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"I liked the thing I imagined better than what was really there" is basically Cleretic.txt

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Due to lacking knowledge about Final Fantasy history (thus not recognizing Shinryu) and probably not paying enough attention the details of the lore of this game(not realizing Rhalgr was Just Some Dude until I actually got to Stormblood to see his statues) I thought at first that Ilberd had summoned Rhalgr. Rhalgr being a big ol dragon thing made perfect sense as far as I knew!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's also the fact that the one thing we know about the alliance raid is that it's about the Twelve. So at least that breeds speculation that something is Up with them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Ilberd wasn't trying to summon Rhalgr, that's an idea from nowhere--I don't even think Ilberd shows any inclinations towards Rhalgr in the first place, beyond that being an Ala Mhigan 'thing'. He didn't really have a specific image, he just had a goal in mind. And when you're summoning something using dragon eyes... well, what other form would it take?

I don't know exactly what Ilberd wanted to summon but that he was trying for Rhalgr is certainly not an idea from nowhere. HE doesn't mention Rhalgr, but all his sacrificed compatriots are praying to Rhalgr as they die. This gave me the impression that summoning Rhalgr was the objective and as I said before, since I didn't know what Rhalgr was supposed to look like, I thought that they had succeeded.

Obviously I was wrong about that, which I later realized, but the prayers of the dying asking for Rhalgr is what gave that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DrakePegasus posted:

WTS moon whale ferry service, 999,999 Gil, 7 seats left!

I laughed