Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Risking spoiling myself just I can post this somewhere that isn't the newbie thread

Tsukuyomi is a badass fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Friend there is a main thread you can graduate to that is much safer than this one if you wanna post about plot as you go!

Is it the sticky thread?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

6.1 Since that's clearly Golbez, should we be keeping an eye on Estinien? :ohdear:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lord_Magmar posted:

Much like how Azem turned a Volcano into Ifrita by creation magic to quell it.

Where does this come up? And is that what they are referring too when they said Azem jumped into an erupting volcano?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isn't the Star Allies final boss kinda like Endsinger?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mazed posted:

this is an important callout, because there's a little aside early in the 6.0 MSQ where he's looking at the little platform island and wondering about it.

Is that what it's for? Cause I was wondering the same thing. Ditto for the similar platform island in Ultima Thule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what happens if you mess up, full on raid wipe?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that the ancients thought sharks were loving rad and hell they're right.

What are the chances of a shark boss in the Pandaemonium raids?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's weird that all the triple triad cards of the twelve so far are just 3 star in rarity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Been checking out clips of DSR on youtube the universal first time experience of Nidhogg killing everyone, but the tanks on entrance is too funny to me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How did anyone figure out those mechanics to these ultimate raids? They sound so counter-intuitive.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Allarion posted:

I could see the Weapons getting their own Ultimate considering their superboss origins. Hard to say what they'd build up to but it'd probably be cool

I wanna see the Zenos Data Diamond Weapon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also a victory lap phase where you just kick Varro in the dick.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pigbuster posted:

https://twitter.com/hikiopoltsh/status/1520865764844130308
Nidhogg has compressed lightning lmfao good gravy

*all the game's most painful mechanics come in for a HUGE ultimate*

Wait has this come up before? Because both of these vow mechanics have to be funniest mechanics the game has come up with so far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Both compressed lightning and Hraesvelgr mechanics sound like some spicy stuff. I don't think I could handle the pressure of "if you die everyone else does too."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finished up Shadowbringers' role quest and it's kinda funny doing this after 6.1 trying to accomplish the same objective from two different ends. Although how come the porxie didn't get hosed up like the nixie without the warding scale did?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

Porxies were custom designed to do that specific task.

Man Porxies are great. Making the impossible possible, a flying pig.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Valentin posted:

doesn't know anything about crypto, doesn't own any nfts:
thancred
alisaie
estinien
cid

knows things about crypto, doesn't own any nfts:
alphinaud
y'shtola
g'raha

doesn't know anything about crypto, owns nfts:
tataru (don't need to understand crypto when you understand scams)
rowena (ditto)
gerolt (easily scammed)

knows things about crypto, owns nfts:
urianger (thinks he can figure out how to leverage this terrible construct to improve the world; is wrong for once)
nero (obviously)

Are you trying to tell me Estinien wouldn't get conned into buying an nft?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like Elidbus just has weird plans in general. Like I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish by taking Ardbert's body and inspiring the people of the First to be their own Warrior of Light.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I had a feeling no one was going to be actually gone for good on Thule, because they made Hydaelyn's trial a trust and I thought they were going to do the same for the final trial so can't kill anyone so the trust system can work.

Although I feel like they shouldn't have made Hydaelyn a trust as cool as it is, because I got her in a trial roulette and oh boy is this fight way harder when you don't have ai companions that know exactly where to go 100% of the time. Didn't help we got a healer that somehow jumped in with completely broken equipment so they just spent the first pull on the floor begging to get kicked.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Y'Shotola is gonna die, but comeback as an aether ghost or something. This will have no effect on her abilities.

OddObserver posted:

.... Is it possible to repair other people's equipment in an instance pre-pull?

I never thought of this and I kind of wish someone suggested it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One thing I really like that was pointed out to me is Zenos doesn't call us the Warrior of Light or Champion of Eorzea, but just plainly adventurer. Like he's seeing the person beyond all the fancy titles.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cleretic posted:

And yet still doesn't know our actual name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOsrifsRL4

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Valentin posted:

the expansion also has you hang out and have a good time with far and away the most competent and arguably in many ways most culpable of The Dudes Who Genocided Seven Worlds, and you're actually super sad when he dies forever. granted, I didn't love that either, but it's definitely a recurring choice in Endwalker to elide many of these very real grievances and treat your former villains more like incorrigible scamps.

This reminds me and while it's not on the level of genocide, was I supposed to forget the twins' dad disowned them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

He actively apologized, admitted he was wrong, and acknowledge he did it out of a misguided fear they would not be able to be saved if they kept it up.

Dude made a bad decision in a stressful moment when confronted with saving his kids during the apocalypse. It is a flaw but far from irredeemable.

Fair enough

But I'll only truly forgive him after the comedic scene showing he is also incredibly lovely with holding onto money.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone talking about putting Ameliance into skimpy outfits when I'm going have her put on the chicken suit so we can be weirdos together.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I was a little down on them when I first went to Elpis for just nonchalantly killing those butterflies to use their aether, but yeah, the WoL does worse for far more mundane reasons.

I have summoned Bahamut to wipe out a small population of monsters because they aggroed me while I was dealing with a level synced FATE. :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vitamean posted:

oooh, I like this idea, although I'll echo that the Knight in Black spoke like they were a native of the 13th

It turns out it's actually Culex from SMRPG.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait how does the SHB role quest go if you haven't done Warring Triad? Or do you need to do them to start the capstone?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Failboattootoot posted:

I honestly don't really remember there being a good reason for the capstone to require the completion of all the role quests. It's been awhile but isn't the quest just Cylva going oh you've killed the virtues come solve this final mystery and the role npc's barely play into it at all from there other than a funny cutscene where they party? Seems easy enough to split off into it's own thing if necessary.

They also have a say in entrusting Team Ardbert's crystals with Cylva and also the kid from the magical dps role quest is involved heavily when you bring Unulkuhai over.

Just deal with it like they dealt with Estinien seems to be the best option.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also do we really need TWO archers?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jetrauben posted:

Honestly I do want Gaia and Ryne back, though, and Gaia in particular has both the Darkness theming and a history of controlling Voidsent while in Loghrif mode. Plus they're both due a plot-relevant timeskip age-up to fit with the Rydia references.

They can be the ones that show off the new jobs in 7.0.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TGLT posted:

If Unukalhai is anyone's reflection it's the kid you save in the magic role quest, Taynor. I remember feeling it was super implied but I can't remember why right now.

Taynor does make some comments about Unukalhai something to effect of "wow it's like I've known you my whole life"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Been listening to 4PR's final battle theme and I really want Voidsent Zenos to be a Zeromus analogue and the patch trial.

Wanna get hit by that Big Bang.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never got to try out old SMN past HW, but I did like the idea of the three main summons having their own role to play in the toolkit. Ifrit for damage, Garuda for AoE, Titan for mitigation or at least that's how I saw it.

The DoT upkeep was annoying on retrospection so I'm glad that's gone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Khizan posted:

I don't think FF14 has the UI setup to allow for a proper dot class. I played affliction warlock back in WoW before moving to FF14 and loved it, but trying to manage that many dots with FF14's janky UI system would be a nightmare imo. Managing seven dots all with different cooldowns and durations with nothing more than the lovely tiny status effect bar to go by would be absolutely terrible.

I love new SMN, for the record, and I think it's good to have a few classes with simple rotations because they make savages and such more accessible to people who otherwise wouldn't be comfortable with it. My only real complaint is that I'd like to summon a completely new slate of lesser summons after the phoenix summon. Ideally, the rotation would go something like
"Bahamut > Titan > Garuda > Ifrit > Phoenix > Leviathan > Shiva > Bismarck" and then repeat.

Switch Leviathan or Bismark out for Ramuh so you can hit all 6 elements.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Replace the summoner books with guitars and they start playing the appropriate themes for their summons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Edit: just realized it's the thumbnail too