Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Begemot posted:

It's just the upgraded version of outburst now :v:

To me the big revelation is that ruin 2 is just the middle upgrade between 1 and 3, not a weird instant-cast filler thing. I guess it makes sense, since the cast times got shortened to AST length and they still have so many other, better options for movement.

How does that interact with Ruin 4? Is Ruin 4 just an upgrade now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

sweet geek swag posted:

You have to have Fire 2 on your bars for low level content anyway. Blizz 2 on the other hand... lol.

Blizz 2 was changed to work like Fire 2 so now it’s less of a joke.

But yeah the AoE rotation has changed from Freeze->Thunder 4->Flare->Flare with Fouls where you can to something like Blizz 2->Freeze->Thunder 4->as many Fire 2s as fit->Flare with Fouls where you can.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/sutavr/status/1448432832683065347?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

So today I was doing the lv 63 AST quest and while I was up in the Central Highlands near Stone Vigil, I’d thought I’d take a little detour.

Turns out, sometimes when you visit Haurchefant’s grave, Francel will show up to pray and thank you for visiting him. :gbsmith:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/nocheamarga/status/1450654525182808070?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I think by definition Azem had to survive until the sundering as they were, in fact, sundered.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

My own guess/theory is that the WoL is an artificial soul, a being constructed by Hydaelyn/Venat. Hydaelyn was getting weaker, the Ascians were getting bolder, a second calamity was coming just years after the last so they fished Azem's soul out of the lifestream and padded it with bits of the souls of past warriors of light to make a complete person. Then you wake up on a carriage or ship headed for the city with no past and nothing but a strong instinct to help people.

It’s certainly possible but I would really hate that because I’ve come up with my own backstory for my own WoL in my head and I think that’s decently common.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/saucemynoodle/status/1452367509886283782?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/lizardtown/status/1453795183250886662?s=21

Five of them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/rwilkes94/status/1454160340267249664?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Macaluso posted:

I almost can't believe that scene with Alisae, Estinian and Graha is real

It’s just the perfect moment of three dumbasses individually putting their foots in their mouths and I love them all.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/strawbapplbappl/status/1455229089099534346?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

You can definitely be a different gender than your og Ascian as well. Both the WoL and Azem are she if you play as a female WoL, but Ardbert is Ardbert regardless.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gruckles posted:

My assumption is that awakening a sundered Ascian's memories doesn't kill the body they're currently reincarnated in, and when it does eventually get discarded/destroyed for any reason then the whole corpse possession limitation comes up.

Also consider that one of those reasons is “shard travel” and probably also “going to the rift to have a meeting in Organization XIII’s meeting room” so I doubt even the sundered Convocation members stay in their og bodies long.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m would be genuinely shocked if any of the Scions died for real because Ishikawa has stated she doesn’t like death as a plot device.

Of course she likes fake out deaths as a plot device just fine so prepare for some of those. :v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It also doesn’t make what happened to Amaurot any less tragic imo. “Overuse of creation magic made The Sound” doesn’t make it less of a tragedy.

They used creation magic to do things like make clothes, not just creatures.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Erwin the German posted:

Anyone else sorta hope the WoL dies? People say Alphinaud's death flag is high after that launch trailer, but I feel like the WoL's is at least a mile higher after re-watching it several times. I understand it's a bit of a weird desire to have that your character loving bites it, but I dunno, I want EW to feel as final as possible - every good story has to have an end, and I've always been a sucker for the hero sacrificing themselves.

Granted, I have no idea how you kill off the player character in an MMO that intends to continue past this expansion. I just want this to loving obliterate me, want this to feel like as affecting an end as possible.

There is absolutely zero way the game will kill off your custom character.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

EVIL Gibson posted:

btw, there are 7 circles around the wol. either referencing either the rejoined but probably doing the same thing at the finale with Emet where it's just a fancy thing to show you are in a full party.

I'll look at the symbols closer to see if there is anything familiar.

Yeah my guess is this is just a fancy summoning as your excuse to have an 8-man final trial again.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Prediction List:

1 - Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker?
Damned Daniel after he absorbs the essence of both Zodiark and Hydaelyn.
2 - What is the final zone of Endwalker?
The Lifestream, which is where all the crystal stuff is.
3 - What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ?
The Heart of the Star aka Hydaelyn and Zodiark themselves.
4 - Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who?
Yes, Alphinaud and Alisaie. gently caress it, throw Estinien in there too.
5 - Will any of the Scions actually die?
No, but Alphinaud and Alisaie’s dad will die and they’ll expect us to feel sad for some reason.
6 - What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb?
I’m having trouble coming up with something that hasn’t been discussed to death but gently caress it, Urianger is a Convocation member. The twist is he’s genuinely on our side and is totally anti-Team Zodiark and anti-Team gently caress It Kill Em All.
7 - Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it?
We’re going to the New World (aka America) and/or Meracydia (aka Australia).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/trustinsighters/status/1457765402205884419?s=21
Trusts… good.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kazy posted:

How global was the 7th Calamity? It seems like most of Bahamut's damage was to Eorzea, is that really enough chaos to absorb an entire alternate dimensional planet?

Louisoux shoved all the aether he gathered trying to summon The Twelve back into the star after he became Phoenix and beat up Bahamut. This is why everything was pretty ok after only five years instead of the thousands that Umbral eras normally last.

As far as the rejoining is concerned, the only thing that matters is the initial burst, the devastation is just the after affect of bursting one type of aether in massive quantities. Dalamud hitting Hydaelyn and unleashing Bahamut did make enough Dark aether to cause a rejoicing, it’s just that it was rebalanced with every other type pretty much instantly instead of after thousands of years.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/wyrmbong/status/1460722951305584640?s=21

The lore in this thing is powerful and now I want it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/dreadwyrmtrance/status/1460712119733669893?s=21

There’s so much.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

This cookbook has such good and also painful flavor text.

EDIT

On a brighter note, multiple Aymeric/WoL dates confirmed.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 16, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ken Finalfantasy who lives in Limsa doesn’t know we saved the First, but Ben Finalfantasy who lives in Eulmore sure as hell does.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Someone can be a parental figure and also a waifu. See: Thancred.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/shxnku/status/1404729643064860673?s=21

The perfectly timed caw is what makes this the best clip ever.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ShB: your past life doesn’t define you!

Players: man it sucks that the player’s past defines them.

Also, no, they are not going to kill off your custom character you played for thousands of hours permanently at the end of Endwalker.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Urianger is legit my fave non-catboy Scion and I will frown very hard if he dies.

I just love his dramatic rear end.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/zanarkant/status/1464786552496787461?s=21

This chart is painfully true.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Begemot posted:

Right, not Nidhogg either.

The long and short of it is that you have to do all the quests that Unukalhai is involved in back on the Source because he has to be able to leave the Solarium and go to the First. They're so picky about moving NPCs, it's the same reason the MSQ forces you to do the hard mode trials, to allow Urianger to leave the Waking Sands.

Meanwhile, Gerolt is allowed to be in like ten different locations at the same time!

I mean Urianger is still there now for me, urging me to pick up some quest I never did for ARR. I think the relics? Because I farmed the extremes for ponies.

He gives the starting quest for the Extremes and the Relic so he can absolutely be hanging out there and the First/the Rising Stones at the same time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

In 1.0 she had the Echo, clearly that’s why they uploaded the intro movie. :v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

RIP Krile.

(This is not a serious post.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Game good though the ending fight was Zenos was a hard “really.” for me.

Part of that is that I just don’t see my WoL as the murder elemental the game wants to and part of it is I was really happy with the trial… and here’s a random solo duty.

Oh well, they can’t all be perfect. Overall it was a good expansion, though I’d say Shadowbringers is better imo. My rankings are ShB>EW>HW>StB>ARR.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

hosed up that people can go through several expansions of the WoL punching their palm and nodding their head and somehow come out of it thinking that they don't enjoy getting into fights.

Sometimes people roleplay differently in their roleplaying games, shocking.

My WoL doesn’t like or dislike fighting, but she likes helping people and she’s better at exploding scary things than others so she does it. And punches her palm and nods her head because she’s gonna do it.

So it’s not great for Zenos to be able to constantly go BUT I KNOW YOU LIVE FOR NOTHING MORE THAN THE LUST FOR BATTLE and even the gently caress off answers are implicitly “yes”.

Plus the actual way my WoL dislikes Zenos is on the “fundamentally misunderstands me and my motives because he cannot comprehend anything else”.

……….this is becoming pointless talk about my OC, a topic no one cares about except the OC’s creator, so I’ll stop.

I don’t think there would be a solution that would satisfy me that would logically exist because at the end of the day most people want to fight the evil/rival guy in the video game where you fight things and even making it an optional fight where there would be an option to go “nope” and strand Zenos in the abyss wouldn’t be great because some people would click the wrong option when they want to fight him and whoops now the only solution is to NG+ the entire ending chapters. Maybe I would feel differently about it if I didn’t have the sour taste of StB Zenos in my mouth.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

…it also probably doesn’t help that I choose “No. This ends here.” and was expecting calm fury and instead got the silent protagonist version of

https://youtu.be/cUGi-aTILx4

:v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

At some point the Warrior of Light is going to realize that they can literally summon Hildibrand home using the Azem stone's magic, and feel embarrassed (rightfully so).

Clearly The Gentleman of Light will find his own, equally powerful stone of his own ancient counterpart. :colbert:

.........actually I really do hope Azem also had a Hildibrand showing up to make life harder.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I found Quintis’s death tragic not because “poor nazi” but because “it’s tragic that you can’t actually reach everyone with words, good intentions, and good deeds and some people are so poisoned by their worldview that they’d rather die than change”.

Additionally it’s symbolic of the death of the Garlean empire itself: killed from within from the true believers eating themselves from the inside. The empire was doomed the moment Emet allowed Solus to die, as was his intention.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

RDM does as well. I picked it up post-SHB and X’rhun Tia was like “aren’t you the Liberator of Ala Mhigo?”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

OddObserver posted:

RDM questline isn't really related to main plot events, IIRC.

Yeah it’s only a mention at the start, but it is a flag between “has finished 4.0” and “hasn’t finished 4.0”.