Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So random rear end stupid question, mainly because I'm going through New Game+ from ARR onward because I hate myself, but people get awakened by the meteor shower either real or otherwise correct? In the U'ldah intro it's a random rear end voidesent that gives us a crystal to talk to Mother, so is that...weird or should I really not extrapolate too much from ARR?

E:Aside from all that, I miss Thancred interacting with the Sultana. "Your impestiousness"

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Xarbala posted:

It's been a long time but I think when you first create a character you see a meteor shower in a cutscene, then you open your eyes and are in a chocobo cart

Ah poo poo, new game+ doesn't include that, my bad, I definitely forgot about that

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Xarbala posted:

My only explanation is that I've got the memory of a steel sieve and I'm an idiot.

Naw it's an obscure question about years old content, it just struck me as odd on a replay

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bell_ posted:

I hated Ran'jit, but can totally get behind seeing Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy again. And again.

Same. I dont quite understand why I do either, they're pretty obscure but I loved seeing them in X and I can't wait to see them again

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hogama posted:

Interestingly, the dragon choir in the Endwalker trailer is brand new lyrics as well. And for what they mean, well.
They seem to be:

Treacherous heart of the crystal huh. Wondering if the moon and land is allegory for Zodiark and Hydelin. I'm thinking about the art from last fan fest with hydelin and zodiark connected too.

E: .

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 18, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

With 6.0 being the end of the HyZo story, does that means no more blessing of light? I'm still really curious about that 'treachurous crystal' line from the translated HW motif in the trailer.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

Come back daddy Middy, we need you for the end times

Middy and Feo Ul both showing up to gently caress poo poo up old world style. They did say 6.0 would be a kind of goodbye so they're bringing in a decent bit of our old friends.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sherry Bahm posted:

"They went WHERE?!" :rant:

This is literally all I want from Endwalker. Either to actually be a good sapling and call Feo Ul for some backup, or to get rightly bitched the gently caress out if we don't.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

No they were there and helping us from the lifestream :colbert:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

When we get our tearful goodbye to everyone (you know it's happening) those ghosts better be there too

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I need to go back and New Game + the end of ShB for a refresher on everything soon, but the WoL hasn't nodded anything to the scions about the whole Azem thing, right?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Tease it to the people who sleep at the inn when they log off, like with the fall of Dalamud.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Eimi posted:

The WoL dying would be interesting, my personal theory is us going full Ascian and that opening a new ark and enabling us to visit the other shards because gently caress it, we're an Ascian now.

I like this. It's in the area of 'yeah big poo poo's gonna happen in the end, saying goodbye, Forging Ahead, etc' and makes sense.

I've been listening to the trailer on loop for a while now and there so much to read into in the trailer lyrics, I can't help but feel some of its misdirection.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

stev posted:

I love Husky's version but no lyrics. I really want a clean version of the full thing though.

Yeah. If it's like I think it is and a trailer specific medly, we'll get it (please Gods), or if it's the theme itself, in which case we would get it after release, right?

All I know is everywhere I look people are begging for a clean version, they can't ignore that right?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hogama posted:

I doubt this is even perhaps 80% accurate but it's been enough to think it's got the right spirit.

That's so funny, same on accuracy of these but they paint a whole different picture. It's such a freaking mystery with no clean version!

quote:

Should we lose our way
Tire of all this pain
We won't fade away
Forge ahead
In the halls of light
No more time tonight
If it's not too late
Forge ahead
As we rise to fight
Soon we'll lose our light
Where we all begin
Forge ahead

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

One of these days Hydaelyn. POW! Straight to the moon!

This

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Finished the quests, yeah Endwalkers gonna gently caress me right up.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

What's fun is you really can't say anyone's overestimating or underestimating how big 6.0 will end. It's really equally plausible

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Add a motor and we got something

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doublestep posted:

I like the interpretation of HP as like the traditional energy/armor and taking a fatal blow is like "the hit that makes it through" and healing magic is just basic nicks and scrapes and revitalization

Somewhat related is like the idea of us ever wiping on an encounter/having the ability to see telegraphs being an Echo thing but that's entirely fan theory stuff I just like the idea of

Like, you eat poo poo at 80% on Titania but actually that attempt was a Final Destination Vision so don't do that or you're loving dead on the "real" attempt

I swore in ShB someone talks about seeing telegraphs being a result of either the echo or blessing of light. It's us feeling a buildup of aether before it pops, or am I misremembering?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

My guild's dubbed her Moonfilia.

Oh I'm running with that now

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I dunno, my one and only actual prediction for EW is Hydy being sus.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mad Wack posted:

as the last vestiges of zodiark shimmer and disappear, the music swells and our hero looks out dramatically to see a dear friend beckoning over the next horizon, we stride off purposefully as the camera tilts slowly up to the stars, the sky explodes
into an array of rainbow colors as the words "THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HILDIBRAND AND HIS FRIENDS" fade into existence, a corbyn swims by in the background, chased by a green chicken

begin 6.1

gently caress yes. Full on Hildy expac

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I want this scene so badly

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thank you, this fills me with joy

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So as someone who has been lost as gently caress to the intricacies of the debate of the past few pages, its def time for me to New Game+ Shb

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I reread the PC Gamer interview with Yoshida again (the one where he vaguely mentions time travel as a possible future story bit), and this caught my eye. It's when he's talking about taking advantage of New Game+ to be refreshed on the story in time for EW.

quote:

...Maybe another key thing to look out for is when Hydaelyn calls out to you, and how many times she's called upon you. 

What could this mean?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ahhhhh it's magical

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1404282885402546180?s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh God what would the leatherworker's guild leader say if she saw you trying some magicky bullshit to try and make something for her

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ivypls posted:

assassinated for attempting to ship-snipe cid

I would laugh so goddamn hard if this was really why.

Nero+Cid 4lyfe

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IN one of the first cutscenes post prologues Goofy owns the previous games' main villains flawlessly with basic deductive reasoning to the point they basically have to peace out because they couldn't keep trying to torture sora emotionally. The next time you see those guys you kick the poo poo out of them so hard they openly admit you were correct and their plans sucked and being beaten up by you over and over has made them better people.

In Kingdom Hearts you either get murdered by Sora or are doomed to get your poo poo kicked in for eternity or til you learn to be a better person, which ever is first. Sora is too stupid to be stopped by any evil plan and too stupid to pull his blows.

KH is incredibly harsh towards it's villains. They are all systematically taken down and beaten and then they have their entire world view destroyed in front of them by a man So Dumb it makes him So Strong and his parents Donald and Goofy.

This is my favorite synopsis of Kingdom Hearts

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BLM have the heartless staff...but you never see people using it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sherry Bahm posted:

I actually ran a raid with a dude named Sora Keyblade (or something like that) who was using it as a BLM, and of course had a Sora glam.

That's great, love the character commitment!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Omg

https://twitter.com/elfwifecity/status/1233235484547043328?s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gnossiennes posted:

tbh i just like zenos cause he's simple n horny :shrug:

Now I want a fight with Zenos backed by a Utada Hikaru number

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I want a Mr Muffins weapon

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

This was so bad and I laughed so loud

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Like, honestly I'm over Zenos in the Shonen villain way, but I still want to see him for being desperately in love with our WoL in the most goddamn dysfunctional and psychopathic way possible.

Also I love Fandanial because they brought Asahi back because they know his face is vexing to us, and he's the perfect vehicle for whatever the gently caress Fandanial is really planning, idk but after Emet I trust the writer implicitly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

jokes posted:

Zenos ain’t about getting tricked. Last time he grabbed some random corpse and took his body back by force.

Also I liked that bit of physical comedy when he launched a katana at Fandy’s head who looked at it wide eyed like a cartoon.

I do enjoy the dynamic quite a bit, not gonna lie