Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the egis all have much cooler designs than the demis. this i know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
after rewatching the trailer the thing i want to know more about is the monster at the end. it looks like a big muppet and i must see more.

like it's obviously something like what we saw in Amaurot but that just raises further questions

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

multijoe posted:

My biggest takeaway from the trailer is that I desperately want Zenos to get off that chair and start killing something or monologue about killing something again

Fortunately Lyon has been sating my thirst for fight-wanters, but I have to assume he's on borrowed time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Finished Bozja

Lyon continues to own, especially in his post-scenario data files. He and Pagaga living their best lives

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't think a specific rule needs to be in place but I think spoilering stuff for a few days is nice, especially since there's multiple avenues of content/story and sometimes might want to discuss MSQ immediately but need a few days to clear Bozja or whatever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my guess would be that she's very weak, and an early plot point in EW will be us trying to find a way to juice her up so we can chat

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The 4th is good, because Lyon is hot.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's sort of just one of those things where the audience knows the character isn't really in danger but in-universe it's very scary so naturally they take a bunch of precautions and make sure she's fine

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RME posted:

the real irony is there are so many beastmasters in bozja but you wont be allowed to bring beastmaster into bozja

they already marked their territory, we cant go there

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think it'd be a lot cooler if the Zenos fight was epic and badass, instead of the devs spending a bunch of resources to make it intentionally boring.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rand Brittain posted:

Zenos is an interesting concept but he spends a lot of time sitting around being bored instead of doing the things he supposedly wants to do.

same

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think ive ever heard that meme

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
imo it would be much funnier for alphinaud to become enormous and ripped but still be clumsy and bashful, while alisae remains small and pissed about it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you're right, i forgot he threatened to tower over Arenvald.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hellioning posted:

I'm fairly certain the 'consequences' are standard 'this ancient forbidden technique lowers your lifespan', IE it's Bad because it will Kill You Eventually but not in a timeframe that is liable to actually show up in the show/game/whatever.

yeah i would be pretty surprised if she ends up paying any cost in the MSQ. it's the sort of thing that feels like a big chekov's gun but often just sorta goes unmentioned

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
gilgamesh can adopt them when he returns from the void

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sorry the game is exclusively about beating up refugees, the poor, and other disadvantaged groups from that point forward. Weird turn, IMHO.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i sympathize with Zenos' desire to have badass encounters

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zutaten posted:

A Lalafell the size of a Primal. The mind boggles.

e: with an Amon's Hat the size of a house.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Tataru is dying

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thancred will die because all of Urianger's lovers must die. The WoL also dies if the player shipped them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Maybe, but there isn't a clean break. It's just the end of the zodiark storyline.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
All the scions will be remembered fondly

As assistants to the artist Alphinaud

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We've been down this road before and the proper demonstration tool for anything in FFXIV is a powerpoint presentation

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I personally like the theory that the twins' dad disowned them to basically break the shackles of their name and to let them go buck wild with loving up the Sharlayan social structure without the burden of their name's legacy

But in general I like theories where the end result is "this person was being overdramatic but is actually very nice :)" so we'll see

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i gotta say, at no point in the past 2+ years have i thought of mt gulg as a heaven-themed trump hotel, nor will i think of it as one in the future

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hogama posted:

Reaper 40 ability
Monk 82 trait
Dragoon 90 ability
And a pastebin with potential DPS changes (not always too specific and without pictures they're not confirmed, but unless we get more leaks this is probably it before the actual Media Tour info NDA is up).

the fact that the pastebin is written like "idk i think the capstone ability is called this, maybe not. also i cant remember what it does" actually makes it feel more likely to be correct lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

there's no way FFXIV's mahjong is better than the furry mobile one is there

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sweet geek swag posted:

I honestly don't know what I intend to level first. Sage is a contender (I like healers) along with WHM and AST. But I could theoretically get any of my casters/physical DPS to 80 before launch, they're all 71+.

So of course I am currently leveling GNB.

As someone who leveled a New Job in SB before starting the new MSQ proper, I highly recommend playing your current main to cap unless you're just absolutely smitten with the idea of one of the new jobs - it sucks being behind everyone you play with in the story/dungeons, and also I usually think it just feels Right to see your WoL's main job in all the cutscenes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Tataru's arcanist outing was her folding with a focus and intensity normally seen only in successes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We've seen the bicolored gem screen for EW in various media tour videos, it still shows 6 zones and has no visible way to scroll. They're probably just using "zones" (plural) either on accident or to refer to things like special arenas as well

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 20, 2021

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
[sobbing loudly] please just give us a new deep dungeon yoship

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Probably too meta to be a satisfying answer, but I assume the reason some people are past the point of pig is that it makes tempering still have a risk or be a danger.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
one scion has to die so Krile can step into the A-team. i dont make the rules.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vitamean posted:

craziest thing I remember about the towers is seeing them and thinking "oh those look mhachi in design" and some rando npc running up shouting "those are obviously of garlean make!", like, really?

Yeah I remember coming into this thread when that story beat happened and everyone being like yeah wtf.

I feel like the characters pointing out that they're OBVIOUSLY garlean, and you'd be a real fool to not see it, is specifically because no one would have made that assumption otherwise lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Moofia Boss Val posted:

(as if anyone cares as much for her as the rest of the party members)

hey

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gearhead posted:

Not saying the WoL is dumb, but the WoL seems to value decisive action ahead of deeper strategic or academic thinking. Practical problems. Practical solutions.

true, but also, the WoL eats rocks

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lick the rocks, WoL

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
6.X storyline where we meet Nero's adopted children who all die trying to further science at all costs and he is very sad. Redeemed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sweet geek swag posted:

Sephiroth's popularity is based entirely on his image. Aside from Cloud's flashback you don't even see him until you get to the Crater.

this is sort of silly because you don't meet Emet Selch until [checks watch] hundreds of hours of MSQ