Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I just don't get it.

I know science, ok, so I did some science thinking and I boiled it down to; I can trade things I have for things other people have, OR I can trade my time for either their time or things they will give me for my time.

Is there a economancer that knows where it goes from there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

its the electric conomy

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
When a dollar enters the market, the economy begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four dollar bills on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the bill nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of bills and takes the place of the first bill. The formerly first bill becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

The economy works the same way.

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stunt_enby

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know when you're playing an old RPG and you want to maximize your amount of gold so you quicksave abuse to try and steal as much poo poo/kill and loot as many NPCs as possible without making the town guards mad at you or breaking the main quest? it's like that, but in real life

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

There are some bulls and some bears but I can never remember which animals are the good guys

Prof. Crocodile

google THIS posted:

There are some bulls and some bears but I can never remember which animals are the good guys

you can take a selfie while touching the bull's balls, so i think he's the good guy

to illustrate my point you very rarely see selfies of people touching stalin's balls

alnilam

Everyone's always talking about fiat so i think cars are involved

ty manifisto

nut

it's bad *shakes head*

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
The contemporaneous state of the economy (whatever that is) is the subject matter of a Young Jeezy track where he lets us know that his car is a spaceship because he works for NASA.

Hope that helps OP.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
It's...

It's a serious of tubes!

Prof. Crocodile

the economy is basically just an excuse for people to make powerpoint slides and also to trade each other's personal data like pokemon cards.

some people grow food or build houses or make arts but they're economying the wrong way.

nut

i dunno what's a the economy with you did someone say this one yet

google THIS

It's actually the economUS, comrade

Vei
the above poster is correct, it is an eternal battle between bulls and bears and it is a close one. i heard there used to be pigs

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
the economy is really about money, but as famous rapper Notorious B.I.G. once said, mo money mo problems. he died

RickRogers

google THIS posted:

Oh I'm definitely a bear. I need to presumably channel my bear capital to earning bear-tential.

Khanstant
the economy was invented so microsoft excel had something to do

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Khanstant posted:

the economy was invented so microsoft excel had something to do

I think it was invented to prevent me posting too much

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Khanstant
sounds a little like u have Sprankton

Jaguars!

I think it's part of the metric system, you never saw econmomy packages in the days of feet and foolscaps

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Prof. Crocodile posted:

the economy is basically just an excuse for people to make powerpoint slides and also to trade each other's personal data like pokemon cards.

some people grow food or build houses or make arts but they're economying the wrong way.

I have a legit fear that my little sister will go into commerce. Like, I don't even. It seems like such a hilariously soft science for what it allows some people to do and I am not sure how I feel about this...

Like, making money by working with money is a little too on the nose.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Chewbecca posted:

When a dollar enters the market, the economy begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four dollar bills on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the bill nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of bills and takes the place of the first bill. The formerly first bill becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

The economy works the same way.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

posting smiling
i didn't see this thread before i posted my economy thread. mods please merge the two threads. thank you.

Finger Prince

Stunt_enby posted:

you know when you're playing an old RPG and you want to maximize your amount of gold so you quicksave abuse to try and steal as much poo poo/kill and loot as many NPCs as possible without making the town guards mad at you or breaking the main quest? it's like that, but in real life

The "old economy" that you may have heard about is that which came before autosave and it's associated exploits.

RickRogers

posting smiling posted:

i didn't see this thread before i posted my economy thread. mods please merge the two threads. thank you.

You know econology????? Do you perchance know where all gold went and where all the bitcoins keep coming from?

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
baby don’t hurt me, no more

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
perhaps we should instead be asking WHO is the Economy

:thunk:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

google THIS

Riddle me this, if the economy is so good why is it always the shittiest option?

Prof. Crocodile

google THIS posted:

Riddle me this, if the economy is so good why is it always the shittiest option?

The DPRK

i know what the economy is ask me anything

e: so far most people in this thread are correct

RickRogers

Thank goodness, a real economy man! Let's get to my main questions:
Is communism good economy or bad economy?
Why does economy have problem?
How many economy does a war make??
If I promise my economy for your economy (this is what a bank does), then is your economy now mine and I can just make rude bottom noises when you politely ask for yours back?
What economy is the Bible's favourite economy? Is America in the blessed economy or not???

The DPRK

RickRogers posted:

Thank goodness, a real economy man! Let's get to my main questions:
Is communism good economy or bad economy?
Why does economy have problem?
How many economy does a war make??
If I promise my economy for your economy (this is what a bank does), then is your economy now mine and I can just make rude bottom noises when you politely ask for yours back?
What economy is the Bible's favourite economy? Is America in the blessed economy or not???

too many questions, thank you

RickRogers

Knowing econome, knowing econoyou. A-haaaaaa. There is nothing we can do

Macnult

date: i’m really into astrology

me: same! well, sort of. economics, i mean. high stakes astrology.

date: you’re a scorpio aren’t you

Finger Prince

Makes the gas pedal seem like it's broken. Better to use normal or sport mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Macnult posted:

date: i’m really into astrology

me: same! well, sort of. economics, i mean. high stakes astrology.

date: you’re a scorpio aren’t you

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!