Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I am still pissed that the suns missed the playoffs by one point but our bubble rampage was the most excited I’ve been about this team since I’ve been a fan. I love our core and hope we can get Saric back to anchor the second unit. A lot of suns fans seem interested in chasing Christian wood or montrezl harrell. I don’t know that I’m into spending that much on a backup center though. Probably rather see them bring Baynes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Zion needs to get in shape over the winter.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think the young guys have a lot of potential but LMA and derozan basically gotta go imho

I’m assuming that lma contract is gonna be an anchor

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Wet like im book

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I love this hire with Jacques Vaughan sticking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sans

Our main takeaways from this season are as follows:

The group we went into the bubble with balled the gently caress out. Cam Johnson, mikal bridges, and yeah cam payne all played great in the bubble. Bridges especially. These dudes fit with what we need around booker.

Ayton has to be more consistent, on court and off. Even if dude has been good so far, which he has, you’re still the guy we picked over doncic and we can’t afford to have him missing a quarter of the season again.

It’s not clear how oubre fits with this team now. He’s a good energy guy and is a good third option but we saw how smoothly things went without him in the bubble. For the amount of money he’s making we can’t really justify him coming off the bench. Is Rubio - Booker - Oubre - Bridges - Ayton workable for a full season to make a run at the playoffs?

As far as free agents go, Baynes is probably gone which is a shame because I’d love to have that dude back. I think he showed enough shooting ability that somebody is going to think he can be their Brook lopez and pony up serious cash for him. Hopefully I’m wrong though. Dario Saric was an awesome second unit leader and is an RFA, def need to bring him back. Jevon carter is also an rfa and we’d best not let him walk either, dude has great energy. Get frank the tank the gently caress out of here. Cam payne can stay too.

Suns fans on Reddit are coveting lauri markannen and Christian wood. Lauri would be cool. Not into wood. I like what we have now but I’m not sure it’s enough to sneak past whoever is in the 8 spot next year. Portland? Memphis? Eh. We need to upgrade but it will probably have to be through trading oubre.