Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Whatever happened to Dane Cook? For like 3-4 years in the early 2000's you could not escape this energetic and very, very wacky man. Everyone was quoting him to uproarious laughter to their friends, endlessly repeating the horny woman moaning into the Burger King drive thru or the chicken sangwich story. Then all of a sudden he fell of the face of the earth. Is he even still alive? Is he still touring? What kind of new material does he have?

So whatever happened to Dane Jeffery Cook?

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

He died of chronic rear end in a top hat itch. Turns out the joke was more of a cry for help.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
dane cook? gently caress him. i hope he's dead.

I'm an angry video game nerd fan and im playing a LOT of microsoft flight simulator right now, feel free to ask me how its goin.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

died trying to suck his own dick I guess :shrug:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He made some phenomenally lovely movies then guest starred on "Workaholics".

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I was curious so I googled - and fell into a rabbit hole that I wish I hadn't.

It's worse than you might expect.

quote:

Cook was great at drawing in younger audience members who responded well to his kinetic energy on stage. But there was one problem plenty of comedians accused Dane Cook of stealing his material.

quote:

Its a dirty secret of the comedy world even the most highly respected names have borrowed material from other comedians. However, Dane Cook has been accused of stealing many of veteran comedian Louis CKs jokes. There are even side by side comparisons that prove Cook took a whole lot of inspiration from Louis.

Family troubles that you can't blame him for:

quote:

And his personal life could be at least partially to blame. Dane Cooks mother passed away in 2006 and his dad also passed shortly after in 2007. Then Cooks former business manager and half brother Darryl along with his wife went to prison for embezzling millions of dollars from the comedian.

And a couple of things that are :aaa:

quote:

Cook made headlines again for all the wrong reasons in 2012 when he made a joke about the Aurora Colorado shooting during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. He said someone watching the film and not loving it might be saying, Ugh, somebody shoot me. Fans did not react well to the poorly timed joke.

quote:

Dane Cook has also caught criticism for his relationship with a woman 26 years younger than he is. The 47-year-old began dating Kelsi Taylor in 2017 when she was 19 years old.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

remember this bit? classic!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HfHbo5qD0

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

He's still around. He made a massive amount of money and then sent his brother to prison for loving with his money. I don't think he ever really needs to work again though. People seem to alternate between him being a massive rear end in a top hat and an alright guy.

EDIT: His movies all suck, but I do remember thinking his part in "Waiting" was pretty funny, as just a coked out insane line cook.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think louis ck(another joke stealer) got vindictive at him for perceiving him to have stolen some of his material and his career went bad but in the end they were both lovely people and we're better off never hearing from either ever again

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Khanstant posted:

i think louis ck(another joke stealer) got vindictive at him for perceiving him to have stolen some of his material and his career went bad but in the end they were both lovely people and we're better off never hearing from either ever again

There's a lot of lovely things you can say about louis ck, but I don't think I've ever heard joke stealer. Did someone actually accuse him of this?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Who What Now posted:

Whatever happened to Dane Cook? For like 3-4 years in the early 2000's you could not escape this energetic and very, very wacky man. Everyone was quoting him to uproarious laughter to their friends, endlessly repeating the horny woman moaning into the Burger King drive thru or the chicken sangwich story. Then all of a sudden he fell of the face of the earth. Is he even still alive? Is he still touring? What kind of new material does he have?

So whatever happened to Dane Jeffery Cook?

he gained some weight moved to fl and started streaming under the name timthetatman he is a very popular streamer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Biohazard posted:

He's still around. He made a massive amount of money and then sent his brother to prison for loving with his money. I don't think he ever really needs to work again though. People seem to alternate between him being a massive rear end in a top hat and an alright guy.

EDIT: His movies all suck, but I do remember thinking his part in "Waiting" was pretty funny, as just a coked out insane line cook.

The only other movie I know him from is the one where he's a Wal*Mart employee

Vakal
May 11, 2008
People realized that any role Dane Cook would be good for would be much better filled by Ryan Reynolds.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
he looks like if Kramer was a Munster

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
did that guy ever get to blow him?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vakal posted:

People realized that any role Dane Cook would be good for would be much better filled by Ryan Reynolds.

these are different people?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

ELI PORTER posted:

Oh no that's unfortunate

I totally had a thing for Dane Cook back in the day, but now he looks like a blow up doll approximation of himself

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 21, 2020

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ELI PORTER posted:

lmao, he's trying to get that bogdanoff look

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

If you hate Dane Cook do yourself a favor and watch Mr. Brooks

Kevin Costner is kinda okay as a crazy psychopath but the whole movie is worth the payoff involving Mr. Cook in the end.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Who?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
ayyyy let me get some of that dank ook

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Mr. Brooks is an OK film

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ELI PORTER posted:

Oh my God

That's REALLY bad

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Biohazard posted:

"line cook" is sufficient^

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Ah, Ryan Reynolds. The rich man's Dane Cook. Ahhh. *sssip*

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chewbecca posted:

Oh no that's unfortunate

I totally had a thing for Dane Cook back in the day, but now he looks like a blow up doll approximation of himself

Lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chewbecca posted:

So you're saying he's attainable now...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ELI PORTER posted:

Wait, is that really what he looks like now? I thought that was an unrelated dude

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

So you're saying he's attainable now...

I knew there was a reason I stayed in BYOB, you guys are too into trolling and flame wars

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chewbecca posted:

I knew there was a reason I stayed in BYOB, you guys are too into trolling and flame wars

I was just trying to write jokes, not troll. Sorry. :(

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

I was just trying to write jokes, not troll. Sorry. :(

I was being facetious friend, don't sweat it :corrupt:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chewbecca posted:

I was being facetious friend, don't sweat it :corrupt:

:hfive:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
IIRC CK brought Dane Cook on his TV show so Cook could be all "How dare you let people think I steal your jokes you stupid loving rear end in a top hat?" so CK could get another humiliation boner.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Anyway I assume Dane Cook retired because Louis CK completely charged Cook's JO crystal with humiliation semen.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Dame Jeffrey Cook

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I did think it was sad his half brother was scamming him, that's a pretty raw deal

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He hosed me

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I'm jealous :allears:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Biohazard posted:

He's still around. He made a massive amount of money and then sent his brother to prison for loving with his money. I don't think he ever really needs to work again though.

Story I heard is his brother spent ALL of his money and he basically had to start over from nothing, financially.

Hes basically been touring ever since just trying to get back to where he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Come to Butthead