Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

05 - Tivliz Asylum

We end up in the nuthouse. Where we belong.

The thing about the US Army's pistol replacement program also partially comes from the Army not actually wanting to replace the M9 (or M16 and M4) so they go "okay so the next gun needs to be 101% better than the old gun" and drag out the testing until everyone gets fed up and the project gets canceled. The Sig P320 getting adopted partially came down to the fact that a lot of the M9s have gotten worn out by now (almost as old as WWII-era production M1911s were when the M9 was adopted) and Sig was able to provide enough benefits with the M17 (lighter, more accurate, larger magazines, better safety features) to get the Army interested in actually buying them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

C.M. Kruger posted:

The thing about the US Army's pistol replacement program also partially comes from the Army not actually wanting to replace the M9 (or M16 and M4) so they go "okay so the next gun needs to be 101% better than the old gun" and drag out the testing until everyone gets fed up and the project gets canceled. The Sig P320 getting adopted partially came down to the fact that a lot of the M9s have gotten worn out by now (almost as old as WWII-era production M1911s were when the M9 was adopted) and Sig was able to provide enough benefits with the M17 (lighter, more accurate, larger magazines, better safety features) to get the Army interested in actually buying them.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of institutional reluctance. My area of experience is more in ground vehicles, and your post reminded me of when they were talking about replacing the Bradley. The requirements basically boiled down to "is the Bradley, but better about surviving land mines."

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

06 - Vratska Dockyard

Let's take a nice, quiet stroll down by the docks.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I'm amazed it took me this long to release that the ejection port for the AK is facing the player. Which is really dumb.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Maybe it's a left handed version being used right handed?

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Video games do that kind of thing all the time, one of those little "visceral" touches.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

07 - Graznei Bridge

We get ever closer to our goal. Which is, uh, to get the bad guy I guess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Those steelbar things are called Czech Hedgehog.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

08 - Spetriniv Gulag

Alright, here we go, strong finish, let's get this guy!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So the RPG gunner in that window T-posed as he died.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I...don't....understand. What?

So you blew up that bunker and then he says 'target is down' with literally no indication that any of those people were Lennox? He never bothers to actually look at anybody, and I might have missed it but was there any indication that Lennox was even in that bunker? I'm SO confused. Did you kill Lennox somewhere else and I just missed it? I tracked back through the video and didn't see anything obvious. What happened? What does the character think happened?

Also I guess gas powered air conditioners are a thing so I'm just going to believe that they wanted to save on electricity costs and propane was cheaper.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, that was a little anticlimactic at the end but it definitely looked like a very fun game. Also it's interesting how as you mention it sits in between the oldschool shooters and post-modern-warfare tactical styles, as it looks an awful lot like the modern tactical style games but is clearly very action movie / run and gun orientated. Like, you had 2 pips of HP left right at the end there, ate a RPG blast and it only knocked out one pip... that's some good body armour the player character is wearing. I kinda feel like what you're meant to do in that final sequence is go full rambo and just run around like a maniac with the big machine gun, tossing grenades everywhere.

I was fully expecting that to be only the second-to-last level, and there to be a big twist in the post mission cutscene where you somehow break out of your handcuffs and have to fight your way out of wherever you're being held and interviewed.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Garrand posted:

I...don't....understand. What?

So you blew up that bunker and then he says 'target is down' with literally no indication that any of those people were Lennox? He never bothers to actually look at anybody, and I might have missed it but was there any indication that Lennox was even in that bunker? I'm SO confused. Did you kill Lennox somewhere else and I just missed it? I tracked back through the video and didn't see anything obvious. What happened? What does the character think happened?

There isn't a character model for Lennox, or the lieutenant dude we supposedly captured a few videos ago. We killed all the dudes and got to the end of the level and therefore we completed the objective, or didn't in this case. Apparently.

Crazy Achmed posted:

I was fully expecting that to be only the second-to-last level, and there to be a big twist in the post mission cutscene where you somehow break out of your handcuffs and have to fight your way out of wherever you're being held and interviewed.

You might be thinking about Battlefield 3. It starts with a very similar framing, with the player character handcuffed to a table being interviewed by the CIA. Except that in game, he does break out of custody part way through.

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

Thanks for another awesome LP. Glad to see you back with another one, as I really liked your old ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get back in the swing of things and keep posting stuff. I have a few projects planned. I'm thinking I might even re-do the Perfect Dark games at some point.