Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Is this definitely going on the xbox game Pass on release day?

I mean, I'm going to buy it eventually anyway so I can buy expansions, but if it is I might wait a few months and play it for "free" in the meantime.

I already pay for game pass so it's effectively free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Moon Slayer posted:

Everyone starts at least one game thinking they're going to be the good guy, but then you find yourself in a situation where the only thing standing between you and your goal is one easily murderable baby. That's when you learn who you really are.

Sometimes it is the good thing to do. Just weigh the well-being of all those subjects against the life of one baby. It'll probably die anyway!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Or take the Vikings on Tour down to Byzantium nice and early and Varagian invade Constantinople.

I then nibbled away at them every time they were over stretched in other wars until they basically exploded. 300 years later there's still a state around called the Byzantian Empire, but they aren't very big or scary or even really occupying any of their de jure lands.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Red_Fred posted:

Oh, I see as I didn't have any kings in my Empire so no one was stressed about that.

Well, I played till the end (Munster > Empire of Britania). What's a good Norse start? Something on the easy side would be good.

One of the named starts who have tons of bonus troops would make for the best easy norse game. Pick somewhere on the map, invade your way to it then use the option to start a new state on your final invasion.

My current game, I took Constantinople. Then I'd bite off bits of the byzantine empire every time they'd split or have a civil war or end up weak. Now? I stretch up to Denmark as well as having all of Greece and Turkey.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

PancakeTransmission posted:

Yeah if you Varangian Adventure anywhere outside of Scandinavia you won't be able to reform Asatru as you personally need the holy sites. It's expected you eventually convert to a reformed religion because of the penalties, especially when you go feudal

Or you go back and take them? That's what I did after varangian-ing constantinople.

On a similarly constantinople-based note, in my current byzantine game I reunited the roman empire, fixed the schism then went on to reconquer all the old provinces. I literally have no more "reconquer" CBs, anywhere. So, what's next? It kinda feels like I should just walk away from that save now. It's either that or give away most of the land. Or go for a North Korea World conquest.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Can you disinherit him perhaps?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Wouldn't it only cause titles to leave your realm?

How close to primo or ultimo are you, if you focus them? Maybe that's the solution. Rush primo and make sure Jerusalem goes to a fairly distant dynasty member so it's unlikely the two will ever come back together?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I restored the roman borders and no longer have imperial reconquest anywhere, and have a big blob of never-Rome making up most of West and central Europe. But, my internal borders are full on gore.

I want to give some empires to dynasty members, but the result will be complete border gore.

Is there a way (short of jailing all my underlings, seizing all their titles and then granting everything out properly) to actually sort it so I can give away, say, Britain as Britain, and Spain as Spain rather than ending up with Spain having bits of England and Greece, Britain having chunks of France and Germany, etc?

And if not, what's the best way to go about jailing literally everyone so I can seize back all titles and redistribute?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Could always shoot for North Sea empire. It's an even bigger slog though as you'll have to get and hold all of England , Norway and Denmark. But it's basically a better Scandinavian empire if you can pull it off. Already having Sweden, if you shoot for it and miss there's always the back up of just forming Scandinavia once you know you'll die in a year.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Probably 8k piety to reform the faith nooooo

Easy peasy. Just execute everyone in your jail. You can even use the mass execution button.

If you have a trait that causes stress for executions, you'll game over doing them individually. But do all at once and then use a feast/hunt to lower stress and you'll be on edge but fine.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I restarted in Ireland to test my new combat knowledge and I quickly ate up two duchies. Remembering to be careful about attacking over a river came in particularly handy, as did making sure I stayed well stocked with capable knights. And then my 30 year old high chieftain got apoplexy and dropped dead. Paradox giveth and taketh away, again.

Which video was it? There's tons on YouTube and half of them seem awful. One went straight into getting like one of each MaA type.

Edit: and I'm okayish but a bit rubbish at war I think, so it'd be good to get the proper tricks

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would suggest taking the Pope last if Catholics haven't unlocked crusades yet. Taking Rome as a non-Catholic will open up Crusades immediately. If you wait, they don't get Crusades until 1095. So once you take Rome, you want to be able to dismantle the papacy immediately, otherwise you'll have a crusade to defend in about 16 months.

Of course, if you have the Making a Killing dynasty perk, "crusade" is Norse for "make a shitload of free gold".

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Dramicus posted:

I figured this out by accident when I hit the auto ransom button and suddenly had 50k appear out of thin air. I initially thought it was some kind of bug.

Also a great way to go from nobody to exalted amongst men in one click. I tend to save prisoners for inheritance time!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Levies have a place... Sieging down places with your siege engine units while the rest of your MaA kick rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Dwesa posted:

I don't have Iberia, but I like Persia, it is fairly fun to weaponize nomads while the struggle lasts, finally something that breaks the Abbasid blob, but the struggle concludes in about hundred years or less, so the main feature of DLC is limited. I also like the new art and flavor it gives to the region, but I guess it's similar to other flavor packs - if you tend to play in the affected region, it's likely worth it, if not - meh.

Dyre the stranger can break them pretty easy all on his own. I grabbed horse archers on my way there, and with 2x vanagrian and 2x horse archers my ~5k 3 star army eats their 15k 2 star army for breakfast.

Shame I have to convert from astaru to end the struggle as it's uninvolved and would take far too long to get it involved. At least my norse-kazar-persian culture counts as involved!

Edit: on that note, everyone should try Dyre. He's basically a better Haesteinn