Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Is the loving even good? Or is it just "Tarl claimed the woman, and though she protested inside she knew that this was the right way of things." rearranged for three and a half pages.

So there was a romance novelist who got busted lifting whole passages without permission from various biologists dissertations on things like red weasels mating habits and those are less dry and technical than Gor.

The plant being watered description is not a huge exaggeration; there is a reason nobody here is talking about their moms weird smutty collection of Gor novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinball
Sep 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

So there was a romance novelist who got busted lifting whole passages without permission from various biologists dissertations on things like red weasels mating habits and those are less dry and technical than Gor.

The plant being watered description is not a huge exaggeration; there is a reason nobody here is talking about their moms weird smutty collection of Gor novels.

Her name was Cassie Edwards and they were black-footed ferrets, how dare you :colbert:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Who What Now posted:

Is the loving even good? Or is it just "Tarl claimed the woman, and though she protested inside she knew that this was the right way of things." rearranged for three and a half pages.

it's that. i remember around the same time in my development, i read this book which is the most generic fantasy schlock you can imagine. in that book, humans have a pretty recognizable Catholic interpretation of YVWH as God and the choirs of angels as God's support. elves appropriate this interpretation of celestial beings and angels to get raw, impressionable humans to do their bidding because the humans think the elves are angels. one particular elf appropriates a kid who's got some magical inclination that he can exploit. they have Adventures.

the kid, predictably, meets a girl who's sexy and they gently caress, as part of his Coming Of Age story. like the kid literally later tells the girl he felt like he had to gently caress her because it was about Becoming A Man. even in this almost insultingly basic context, the sex scene is at least titillating in the most literal sense in that the author describes the girl's tits and uses adjectives that are designed to be alluring and appealing.

the gorean novels, in comparison, describe things in near mathematical relations that even to my teenager brain were neither alluring nor appealing, but rather clinical and sterile.

gor poo poo is almost objectively worse and less appealing than stock standard generic 'elves are angels and magic is divine, read about this boy growing up' bullshit of the mid 90s.

i dunno how to put it in more stark terms than that.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 6, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Barudak posted:

OMG THE BLACK-FOOTED FERRET INCIDENT!

I was so obsessed with it that I actually went and got a used copy of the book. It was amazingly awkward. The characters would be postcoital and then suddenly start spouting statistical data about ferrets.

If anyone's interested in fuckin' and ferrets

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Eh it wasn't as bad as I expected. The closest to statistical data is "these ferrets are like, 2 pounds!" pillowtalk

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Eh it wasn't as bad as I expected. The closest to statistical data is "these ferrets are like, 2 pounds!" pillowtalk

Yeah, I was talking about the book itself.

E: does the website have the part where they're snuggling and discussing how long the ferrets are ?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, I was talking about the book itself.

E: does the website have the part where they're snuggling and discussing how long the ferrets are ?

Tbh I only got about as far as "You have much to learn but not all of it sexually" quote by Mr. Bear and skimmed the rest of the lecture.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Rebel Blob posted:

I don't think the Covers of Gor are mined dry yet of ridiculous

That man got no drat nips

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Rebel Blob posted:

I don't think the Covers of Gor are mined dry yet of ridiculous material.

"Sweetie, clean up your warhammer toys pizza's here."

"Mom! Put on clothes, brandon can see your 2 pound ferrets!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bismuth posted:

Don't have no belly button neither

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bismuth posted:

The doll people of GOR

*Nip lack*

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Who What Now posted:

Don't have no belly button neither

I thought maybe it was under his high waisted belt but you may be right, we've got a full manniquen situation

I like how the women on the covers are all tied or chained but seem completely unimpressed or bothered by the situation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bismuth posted:

I thought maybe it was under his high waisted belt but you may be right, we've got a full manniquen situation

I like how the women on the covers are all tied or chained but seem completely unimpressed or bothered by the situation

"It's a living"
*laugh track*

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Put Gor hands on your hips

*riff raff*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Waterbed Wendy posted:

"Sweetie, clean up your warhammer toys pizza's here."

"Mom! Put on clothes, brandon can see your 2 pound ferrets!"

Lmao

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Put Gor hands on your hips

*riff raff*

The pelvic thrust really does drive you insane!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbh I only got about as far as "You have much to learn but not all of it sexually" quote by Mr. Bear and skimmed the rest of the lecture.

It happens multiple times over the course of the book and the ferrets actually act as some kind of metaphor for their love? It's hilarious. Highly recommended!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Rebel Blob posted:

I don't think the Covers of Gor are mined dry yet of ridiculous material.

Just grabbing a wad of hair for no reason while she's chained to the front of the ship and she's like, "This is fine"

Also, how many people are supposed to be on that ship?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

twerking on the railroad posted:

Just grabbing a wad of hair for no reason while she's chained to the front of the ship and she's like, "This is fine"

Literal PILES of men

Just realized the dude and lady have almost the same face, this painting keeps getting weirder the more I look

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The pelvic thrust really does drive you insane!

That means it is working

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
These things are notorious favorites of librarians back in the day and there's no way in hell they were "innocently on the shelf."

(it's literally not how professional library collection development has ever worked)

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Actually the more people talk about these books the more I realize that one of my friends back in High School was into them. He certainly fits my mental image of a Gor reader as a sweaty overweight dude who didn’t know how to talk to women.

Daycares of Gor
*bedtime snack*

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

just fyi i looked it up and 'sweetening the vessel' means the slavegirl rubs her crotch on the cup

Cups of Gor
*gonorrhea, attack!*

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bismuth posted:

twerking on the railroad posted:

He has nipples but they are super tiny.

I'm giggling thinking that all his manly buddies can see either his nutsack or his butt, that's a very tiny man-skirt.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

just fyi i looked it up and 'sweetening the vessel' means the slavegirl rubs her crotch on the cup

Cups of Gor
*gonorrhea, attack!*

Oh, sure, when a slave wench does it, she's "sweetening the vessel," but when I do it, I'm "fired from Wendy's." Double loving standard, man.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Luxury cars of Gor

*Cadillac*

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Waxing studios of Gor

*back, sack & crack*

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Goreans Who Oughtta Know By Now
*heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack!*

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A Little Old Place Where We Can Get Together of Gor

*love shack*

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Neverending Parody Title Joke of Gor

*it's back*

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The Breasts of Gor

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Welcome to a Crab called GOR

*snip snop*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oscar Wild posted:

The Breasts of Gor

*nip lact*

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I Need To Get Something To Help Tame Lions And Some Highly Addictive Drugs, What Should I Buy? of Gor

*whip, crack*

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sunswipe posted:

I Need To Get Something To Help Tame Lions And Some Highly Addictive Drugs, What Should I Buy? of Gor

*whip, crack*

Roy of Gor

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Oscar Wild posted:

The Breasts of Gor

:discourse:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Oh, sure, when a slave wench does it, she's "sweetening the vessel," but when I do it, I'm "fired from Wendy's." Double loving standard, man.

Lol

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Fist of the North Gor
*ATATATATATA ATATATATATATA*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Truely I have been fed, and it is only here that I was fed properly and rightly"

-A world called Gormand.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Breath mints of Gor
*tic tac*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Blue adhesive of Gor
*Sticky tack*