Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Binged this show Friday and Saturday, and I think I knew when I opened this thread that goons were gonna have seriously mixed reactions. I think I loved it, though. It was definitely a bit of a bait-n-switch, went way more Prometheus in the end stretch when the first few episodes set up more of a survival sci-fi show exploring humanity and motherhood. I don't think I'm alone in saying the finale was more of a 7.5 than a 10, but ultimately I think it explained enough that I don't mind black-boxing away the rest, or at least waiting for another season or two.

It seemed pretty obvious to me what happened (and note that when I say "obvious" I really mean that I may very well be wrong but it was easy enough to build a headcanon explaining things): The planet's core was so massive that something something relativity black holes and it spit Mother and Father out on the other side of the planet at some point in the distant past -- I think showing the androids melting as they got close to the molten core and then seemingly in perfect shape on the other side was supposed to be a clue that time was going backwards and unmelting them. And lamprey snake will eventually evolve into the snakes they found as fossils in the present day, and possibly their civilization seeds Earth with the plans for the necromancers and aims the Mithraics at Keppler-22b to make sure the time loop happens. And Sol's "voice" is a snake people AI in the planet's core that's able to make use of things the humans drop in the pits, which is why it could appear as Tally and infect the sim pod to impregnate Mother. (I actually don't think it's a plot hole here that Dark Souls Rapist heard the voice of Sol when they were out in space, because we don't know that the voice Marcus heard is the same one that spoke to the rapist)

Actually, the only things that really annoy me as far as "plot holes" are stuff I haven't seen much of in the thread, like why it took 5 kids dying and another 5 getting sick and the androids never realized it was radiation poisoning, or why no one seems to know android milk gives humans super powers (and if they did, why wasn't it used in the war? Why did Lucius stick the eyes in Marcus's mouth instead of just killing him, or y'know, nothing at all? Why did it even occur to him to do that, really??)

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How was Season 2 of this? I liked S1 but thought it went kinda wibbly toward the end, so I was holding off to see how S2 was received.