Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

I started checking out when the robot got horny, but I felt a little better after she realized she hosed up. Hopefully the writing gets better next season, as is custom for all HBO productions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

She used the eye from the lady robot that was sent to take the kids back and one from the first android at the same time for [reasons?]. It was kind of unsettling so I guess that's ultimately why.

No Pants fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 12, 2020

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

redreader posted:

Also, why didn't the rapist's guard android just crush his head when he started acting out? It seems like the only crush head condition the android could trigger, was 'crush head if too far away'.

The only crush triggers stated were messing with the helmet, trying to alter the android's programming, and moving the guy away from the android. Plus their leader told him he'd be pardoned if he survived the encounter with Mother, so maybe android took it to heart.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Zachack posted:

I would think "fly it into the sun" would be a better answer but the show was generally not too good about the use of outer space as a thing to be considered.

Dismissing that plan would (inadvertently?) be realistic, since their tiny lander probably can't reach high enough speeds on potato fuel to actually get to the sun without slingshotting around planets over several years.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Yeah, other than the ancient aliens stuff, it's supposed to be our Earth with the rise of the Mithraics sometime in our near future.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

hell, same

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Zachack posted:

I thought that was the one parkour guy that died at the end of the season. I don't recall them saying the other critters were human, although the tooth scene from a couple episodes ago connects those dots.

Father wonders that out loud at some point after they find out there used to be a human-like civilization, maybe after they get a look at the big guy? There are softer clues running up to it like their meat tasting like pork.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

The only thing I started noticing after someone brought it up is that light sources are too dim even though they try to touch those up.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

they're the moons that house the geofronts in antarctica and tokyo-3

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

McSpanky posted:

Exactly, it has three moons! When the Earth's full moon is out it casts shadows, imagine how much brighter it would be with three of them. With a pristine unpolluted atmosphere it would seem bright as hell at night.

It doesn't detract from my enjoyment, but it is noticeably cheap (looking)! Fire looked better in the first season, even when it was obviously CG!

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Khanstant posted:

what's this about neanderthals? don't recall them showin up in the show?

they found a neanderthal skull in the tall creature's pouch at the end of the first season.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

RudeCat posted:

I think every living thing on that planet is either made of humans, androids (the potatoes go radioactive like androids do), or some fusion of the two.

i thought the potatoes were radioactive because they grew on the nutritious soil around snake skeletons

which were radioactive because the snakes were androids :hmmyes:

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Mother and Father immediately set up camp next to the giant hole, they knew what they were doing.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I'm getting Carnivale flashbacks. Another beautifully weird HBO show that got axed after 2 seasons.

Seeing this show in limbo has me thinking that I would like to see a second season of that one where they didn't know the show was getting canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Decima yelling "You're not her!" right afterward made me think that maybe human Vrille didn't kill herself, but I dunno if android Vrille would have known about that if it happened.